US and Isreal disagree on Iran becoming "inpregnable"

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

It's so ironic about Israel, because if you look back at what they've done - it would be classified as terrorism.

So true. It's funny how some Americans say that the Iraq war was necessary to free the country's people yet turn a blind eye to the suffering Palestinians go through at the hands of Israel
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

It's funny though. We're mad at Iran for wanting nuclear power when Israel has a hundred nuclear warheads on deck aimed at them. Iran is going to "destabilize" the region. Word? Let's take a step back and see who's really destabilizing the region.
edit: I want to make clear I'm against ALL nuclear armament. 
Statements like that are for public consumption imo. In actuality there's a lot to gain from this conflict and an unstable middle east in general for them. 
Absolutely. It's about perpetuating "America." We're naturally hostile towards nations directly opposed to our ideals (consumption, consumerism, "freedom".) It's not a compliment or a criticism. It's just the reality of American foreign relations.

imo Iran has shown tremendous restraint in the past few years to not retaliate for all the provocations, threats, secret killings of its citizens and scientists, sanctions, and accusations. The policy towards Iran would be laughable if the potential consequences weren't so serious. Threatening someone is the worst way to deter someone from attacking you.

Lol, restraint? Iran is responsible for more american casualties in Irag and afghanistan than any other faction the U.S. is/was fighting. How can people still be so ignorant to what has been going on for nearly a decade? I just can't..

Originally Posted by newbuck

imo Iran has shown tremendous restraint in the past few years to not retaliate for all the provocations, threats, secret killings of its citizens and scientists, sanctions, and accusations. The policy towards Iran would be laughable if the potential consequences weren't so serious. Threatening someone is the worst way to deter someone from attacking you.

Lol, restraint? Iran is responsible for more american casualties in Irag and afghanistan than any other faction the U.S. is/was fighting. How can people still be so ignorant to what has been going on for nearly a decade? I just can't..

Correction, the US government is responsible for those casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan for engaging in 2 illegal wars, for manipulating and using our military service men and women as pawns. 

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

@#$% Israel.  Too bad more people can't speak out against that bull @#$% country without fear of being called anti-Semitic
indifferent.gif
Isreal, believe it or not, is our most valuable ally. 
so we're basically trading one group of fundamentalists for another just to gain a strategical "foothold" in the middle-east?
welp, at least Israel doesn't have nukes. oh wait....

welp, at least they're not on some jihad steez. oh wait....

welp, at least they're not a military super-power like us. oh wait....

damn...we dun goof'd
You won't get a fight from me on Jewish influence in this country, nor will you get an argument from me on the Isreali/Palestinian conflict. However, I feel the Obama played this one right, I am not so sure Bush would have held his foot on this one. Lets give Obama his fair credit for not bending to pressure domestic, and abroad on this issue. The issue isn't as black and white as some people like to claim. 

Sorry to interrupt what's probably a great discussion, but does anyone else see the word impregnable and not think of Mike Tyson. I can't shake it.

The Israelis had already asked Bush jr for U.S. backing when they were ready to bomb Iran and Bush did not oblige. I'm beginning to question why I discuss these issues here.

Troll level: Master
Iran sent pink drone to Obama

After tough sanctions imposed by the United States and the West, Iran has given into the demands of President Obama, well some demands.

Iran is returning the RQ-170 drone that was hacked back in December of last year.

Their are some differences though: it's pink, it's about one eightieth the original size and being marketed as a toy in Iran.

According to some reports the toys have already hit selves In Tehran and carry a $4 price tag. The display of silliness has many US officials irate at the charade, but no need to get upset.

President Obama will be receiving his very own custom built toy drone as well.

“We wanted for Mr. Obama himself to have these toys and know that Iranians don't leave anyone's requests unanswered. We made the 'RQ' in pink as it is Mr. Obama's favorite color and we will send it to him via the Swiss embassy," said Seyyed Saeed Hassan-pour, head of the cultural department of the Aaye Company, to Reuters.

The day of arrival was set for February 1, but no official word of Obama getting the toy has been confirmed.

Back in December the drone was all over Iranian State TV. Footage of the drone surrounded by anti-American banners prompted the White House to officially submit a request to return the drone after it was captured near the Afghan border.

As RT reported, the US originally denied they lost a drone over Iran before changing their story and insisting that they lost contact with the craft during a surveillance mission over neighboring Afghanistan.

According to the US, the aircraft was flying around Eastern Afghanistan, but Iran argues it was well within the Iranian territory.

Iranian engineers hijacked the multi-million dollar stealth drone’s system and managed to ease the craft down to a safe landing.

Iranian ambassador Mohammad Khazaee submitted a complaint to the UN Security Council saying “the provocative and covert operations against the Islamic Republic of Iran by the US government, which have increased and intensified in recent months.

AkMz0GgCQAAcueP.jpg:large

Come again? How is Iran responsible? That is patently false. Iran has ratcheted up the rhetoric towards the West but the US has been responsible for the vast majority of the actual killing over there. We're not even counting the drone strikes that are STILL continuing in places like Pakistan, Yemen, and, apparently, wherever else we please.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

BREAKING: Israel teams with terror group to kill Iran's nuclear scientists, U.S. officials tell NBC
http://rockcenter.msnbc.m...-officials-tell-nbc-news

FYI, people knew this like six months ago.
We call those "conspiracy theorists" 
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

@#$% Israel.  Too bad more people can't speak out against that bull @#$% country without fear of being called anti-Semitic 
indifferent.gif

But thats where Jesus is from! 
frown.gif

I wonder how this would have played out if we gave the Jews Alaska as was originally on the table in the 40s. 
laugh.gif

BTW, ya'll gotta be careful quoting RussiaToday 
laugh.gif
...they stay trolling the western media. 
roll.gif

I believe that this issue will be one that will completely change the dynamics of U.S.-Israel alliance. Israel seems that they are going to cross a line that the US will break from.. There will still be an alliance. But it will be completely different.

There were Iranian IED's used in Iraq to kill US soldiers... Iran isn't simply minding their own business.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

indifferent.gif

seriously tho, its their go to statement. "your just a bigot anti-Semitic"

As if there aren't Israel-critical Jews such as Noam Chomsky.

One of the biggest lies the U.S. media has embedded in the heads of the American people since the late 20th century is that being critical of Israel is synonymous with being anti-semitic.

Boyz Noise, your post does not correlate with my response or the context it was in. Just so this doesn't grag on, I will try to make this as remedial as possible.

1. An earlier poster felt Iran was showing restraint in the face of threats, the murdering of it's nuclear scientists and tough sanctions. 2. To which I replyed that Iran was responsible for more american casualties (dead soldiers) than any faction the U.S. has fought inside Iraq and Afghanistan. (through the use of different proxys. These proxys then build IED's, and train the nationals to build IED's; of which most american casulties occur from. Iran has also been known to supply ordnance to different factions and train and recruit militia from other countries to fight against the U.S.)

Boyz Noise, your post does not correlate with my response or the context it was in. Just so this doesn't grag on, I will try to be make this as remedial as possible.1. An earlier poster felt Iran was showing restraint in the face of threats, the murdering of it's nuclear scientists and tough sanctions. 2. To which I replyed that Iran was responsible for more american casualties (dead soldiers) than any faction the U.S. has fought inside Iraq and Afghanistan. (through the use of different proxys. These proxys then build IED's, and train the nationals to build IED's; of which most american casulties occur from. Iran has also been known to supply ordnance to different factions and train and recruit militia from other countries to fight against the U.S.

Can you blame them? Did we not fund and train Iraqis and other proxies (such as MEK) to fight against Iran?  I said they have restraint because if the tables were turned, America would have  attacked them within 5 minutes, which is exactly what they are waiting for as was blatantly stated by the Brookings Institute think tank. 

Look back into history before their Islamic republic and we see events like :
In 1951, after the assassination of prime minister Ali Razmara, Dr. Mohammad Mosaddegh was elected prime minister by a parliamentary vote which was then ratified by the Shah. As prime minister, Mosaddegh became enormously popular in Iran after he nationalized Iran's petroleum industry and oil reserves. In response, the British government, headed by Winston Churchill, embargoed Iranian oil and successfully enlisted the United States to join in a plot to depose the democratically elected government of Mosaddegh. In 1953 US President Dwight D. Eisenhower authorized Operation Ajax. The operation was successful, and Mosaddegh was arrested on 19 August 1953. The coup was the first time the US had openly overthrown an elected, civilian government. source

History has a tendency of repeating itself. smh

Come again? How is Iran responsible? That is patently false. Iran has ratcheted up the rhetoric towards the West but the US has been responsible for the vast majority of the actual killing over there. We're not even counting the drone strikes that are STILL continuing in places like Pakistan, Yemen, and, apparently, wherever else we please.
Misleading chart is... misleading.  Do you realize that most of the civilian casualties in Iraq were caused by... IRAQIS!  Rembeber all those suicide bombings, car bombs, gunning people down in the street!  Iraqis were fighting each other (Sunni vs Shiite).

Boyz Noise, your post does not correlate with my response or the context it was in. Just so this doesn't grag on, I will try to make this as remedial as possible.

1. An earlier poster felt Iran was showing restraint in the face of threats, the murdering of it's nuclear scientists and tough sanctions. 2. To which I replyed that Iran was responsible for more american casualties (dead soldiers) than any faction the U.S. has fought inside Iraq and Afghanistan. (through the use of different proxys. These proxys then build IED's, and train the nationals to build IED's; of which most american casulties occur from. Iran has also been known to supply ordnance to different factions and train and recruit militia from other countries to fight against the U.S.)
Here's a novel thought: you can't kill Americans in Iraq or Afghanistan if... Americans didn't invade Iraq or Afghanistan in the first place. It's funny how we attack these nations in an unprovoked manner and are surprised when we face resistance. Some of you guys are really drinking the Kool-Aid if you really believe that the countries we are occupying desired our "American freedom and way of life." If China dropped bombs on California and decided to come in and overthrow our leaders, would we embrace them with open arms? I don't see how our two unprovoked wars and indiscriminate drone attacks in various countries aren't considered terrorism or violate some kind of international law. But we're the US and as long as we're an economic power, however few decades we have left, we'll get away with it. 
Iraqi's initially embraced our intervention into toppling the Saddam regime but would ANY of them have been for it knowing how many civilian casualties would arise from our occupation? No way. The facts are clear. The US has killed way more civilians than Saddam had killed.

RT might be biased but I've seen data similar to that in the pie chart above and it was the clearest one I found. Feel free to dispute the data though.

I said they have restraint because if the tables were turned, America would have  attacked them within 5 minutes
If the tables were turned America would be doing what it's leaders felt was best for America. And that's exactly what Iran is doing, aligning itself with other super power and avoiding direct conflict with the U.S. It's not "restraint" Iran is showing but instead "common sense".

Originally Posted by voodoo

Misleading chart is... misleading.  Do you realize that most of the civilian casualties in Iraq were caused by... IRAQIS!  Rembeber all those suicide bombings, car bombs, gunning people down in the street!  Iraqis were fighting each other (Sunni vs Shiite).

US doesn't overthrow Saddam's regime, which posed no threat to the US and kept the country united, there is no massive internal turmoil and infighting. It's been a decade, we can look back without the fog of misinformation. Saddam was NOT the guy the Bush administration painted him to be. Ruthless tyrant that ruled with an iron-fist, yes. Belligerent towards his political enemies, yes. He did however keep the nation of Iraq united and under control. What do we have there now? Democracy? Freedom? It's a joke. American foreign policy is a disgusting game and has been for the past century.

Originally Posted by voodoo

US doesn't overthrow Saddam's regime, which posed no threat to the US and kept the country united, there is no massive internal turmoil and infighting. It's been a decade, we can look back without the fog of misinformation. Saddam was NOT the guy the Bush administration painted him to be. Ruthless tyrant that ruled with an iron-fist, yes. Belligerent towards his political enemies, yes. He did however keep the nation of Iraq united and under control. What do we have there now? Democracy? Freedom? It's a joke. American foreign policy is a disgusting game and has been for the past century.

With all the uprisings in the Middle East, I believe Iraqis would have wanted to overthrow Saddam... and he would have killed the vast majority of them.  Iraq has never been united... they were controlled by fear

Boyz Noize, Saddam use to kill Kurds. He thought they were inferior to his people. He stopped doing it after the first desert storm though which is why people we're opposed to us going in for the second time around but, supported us going in for the first desert storm. Saddam killed a lot of people through starvation also.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Boyz Noize, Saddam use to kill Kurds. He thought they were inferior to his people. He stopped doing it after the first desert storm though which is why people we're opposed to us going in for the second time around but, supported us going in for the first desert storm. Saddam killed a lot of people through starvation also.
We should have invaded Israel then, though. 
Spoiler [+]
ruhroh128548602003264776_Funny_Pics_Folder-s500x363-142822-580.jpg

Back
Top Bottom