*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Been behind him from the beginning, it's hard not to like the kid after you know his story/work ethic and his mindset.

+ dude came in built like an ox, he's already stronger than more guys playing his position in year 2.
Yup I like Stanley as well, I still think he will be better than Justice.

Stanley will be a hell of a lot better than Winslow. Stanley actually has a good looking shot and is more of a basketball player than Winslow. We'll see if Justise can develop any type of jumpshot this year.

Y'all gotta chill, Justise is the better player right now.

He's already a + player on defense and one of the more versatile defenders in the league.

Stanley still doesn't effect his team positively on either end of the floor yet.

Could Stanley turn out to be better? Of course but right now Winslow projects to be the more valuable player and an eventual DPOY candidate.

Last edited:
Yeah buddy, I've never seen the two of them play before these Team USA practices. I surely didn't see teams leaving Winslow completely wide open giving him straight Roberson treatment at the 3 point line in the playoffs and daring him to shoot only for him to brick just about everything.

Then you also saw Stanley shoot 37% from the field too, that's a moot point.

Winslow is already a really good defender and is on his way to being elite in 2-3 years.

You can't definitely say Stanley will be elite at anything in the same time.

Sooooooo there's an exhibition game tonight between the US and Argentina.

9 PM ET on NBA TV.

Justice does have lock down defense. I think Stanley will be near Winslow's level defensively soon. Dude is like a pitbull out there and plays with a lot of heart.

Happy Game Day :pimp:

NBA ‏@NBA · 1h1 hour ago
It's Game Day in Las Vegas as @usabasketbaII faces ARGENTINA... 9pm/et on @NBATV! #RoadToRio

We're living in a time when

Derozan
DJ
Barnes
Jimmy Butler
Kyle Lowry

Are playing for Team USA. Usually, only 2 or 3 of those guys would make it in a Michael Redd/Carlos Boozer role. What a time. We've been spoiled over the last 8 years :lol:.

Derozan
DJ
Barnes
Jimmy Butler
Kyle Lowry

Are playing for Team USA. Usually, only 2 or 3 of those guys would make it in a Michael Redd/Carlos Boozer role. What a time. We've been spoiled over the last 8 years
laugh.gif
roll.gif

You are so right though 

Derozan
DJ
Barnes
Jimmy Butler
Kyle Lowry

Are playing for Team USA. Usually, only 2 or 3 of those guys would make it in a Michael Redd/Carlos Boozer role. What a time. We've been spoiled over the last 8 years :lol:.

Plus the fact that this squad is without a doubt the overwhelming favorite [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Durant better ball out like he did on that world championships team.

That world championships squad was basically Durant and the Duranttones. He was clutch in the Lithuania game and the Turkey game. Everyone else outside of Iggy, Russy and Odom struggled.

Here was the roster for the 2010 team. KD, RUSS, IGGY Ball hard that summer. Actually, Lamar had a good tournament as well. Before he decided to start hitting the rock..:rolleyes

4 G Chauncey Billups
5 F Kevin Durant
6 G Derrick Rose
7 G Russell Westbrook
8 F Rudy Gay
9 G Andre Iguodala
10 F Danny Granger
11 G Stephen Curry
12 G Eric Gordon
13 C Kevin Love
14 F Lamar Odom
15 C Tyson Chandler

Here was the roster for the 2010 team. KD, RUSS, IGGY Ball hard that summer. Actually, Lamar had a good tournament as well. Before he decided to start hitting the rock..
eyes.gif

4 G Chauncey Billups
5 F Kevin Durant
6 G Derrick Rose
7 G Russell Westbrook
8 F Rudy Gay
9 G Andre Iguodala
10 F Danny Granger
11 G Stephen Curry
12 G Eric Gordon
13 C Kevin Love
14 F Lamar Odom
15 C Tyson Chandler
Yup those 4 guys were killing it. Russ was straight dunking on international cats like every single game

Here was the roster for the 2010 team. KD, RUSS, IGGY Ball hard that summer. Actually, Lamar had a good tournament as well. Before he decided to start hitting the rock..:rolleyes

4 G Chauncey Billups
5 F Kevin Durant
6 G Derrick Rose
7 G Russell Westbrook
8 F Rudy Gay
9 G Andre Iguodala
10 F Danny Granger
11 G Stephen Curry
12 G Eric Gordon
13 C Kevin Love
14 F Lamar Odom
15 C Tyson Chandler

I remember that. That was KD's coming out party. All the big names turned it down after the 08 plum pics. The 2012 Olympic team was lit though.

Y'all remember the 06 team? Fun to watch. Think Mike Miller was on there too.

Back
Top Bottom