*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

I'm in the front row of the second level. I went cheap on the game tix. As for Tryst, I’m definitely going if I can get the industry deal (Grey Goose and Moet for $395). I’ve had it at XS before, and it works Thursdays at Tryst. I might still go if I can get a one bottle minimum (we’re only two people). Wednesday night I think I’m just getting walked in to Surrender, but my connection often gets a table on Wednesdays and I might be able to join.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If Coach K decides to go big...look what he's got...[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lebron[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Melo[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Durant[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bosh[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chandler[/font]

[/font]

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

i thought i read in this thread that Rondo was persona non grata to the US team, and he didnt want to return anyway? has that changed at all, or do you guys think he/they will come around?

How much are decent lower level tix for the exhibition? I will be in Vegas that week and wouldn't mind checking out the squad before they head to EU....

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

anyone watching them in Las Vegas July 12? exhibition game vs Dominican Republic?
Right now its about 50-50 for me making it out there. Trying to talk a few of my friends to get out there with me 
I'll be there, with my brother. You should roll out. We're staying at Cosmo (got it for cheap).

Where to get tix? I live in Vegas and this is a must
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CJ003

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Right now its about 50-50 for me making it out there. Trying to talk a few of my friends to get out there with me 
I'll be there, with my brother. You should roll out. We're staying at Cosmo (got it for cheap).

Where to get tix? I live in Vegas and this is a must
nerd.gif
Been on sale, I posted the link a few posts up. They still have some lower level seating available.

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

anyone watching them in Las Vegas July 12? exhibition game vs Dominican Republic?
Hmm, about how much are tickets? I went to the Blue/White game in 2008 but I didn't stay in Vegas I was staying in LA and drove over.
I am thinking about staying in Vegas during Summer League though.

Watching the Dream Team special. What a great team.

Quick question. Why wasnt Shaq on the squad? Was christian really the undisputed best college player at the time?

sooo now that we're on the finals, i'll ask this question again:

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

am i still crazy/being a homer for suggesting that harden should get a shot? (especially if wade or kobe have to decline due to injury AND the lack of solid SGs in the NBA presently)

sooo now that we're on the finals, i'll ask this question again:

am i still crazy/being a homer for suggesting that harden should get a shot? (especially if wade or kobe have to decline due to injury AND the lack of solid SGs in the NBA presently)
he is getting a shot....

he is getting a shot....

i get that.. but i mean a real shot..

not if kobe and wade want to go, then they're going.. soo it doesnt really matter what harden or even iggy do

Even if Kobe and Wade are going there is probably gonna be at least 1 maybe 2 more guard spots open.

Originally Posted by GRideBounca11

Quick question. Why wasnt Shaq on the squad? Was christian really the undisputed best college player at the time?
Because there were two Hall of Fame centers on the team in Patrick Ewing and David Robinson, and theres no need to carry 3 centers.

Whoever goes to London, I hope they watched the Dream Team documentary. If that doesn't inspire them, I don't know what would.

I'm sticking by my lineup from awhile back:

CP3/Deron/Westbrook
Kobe/Wade
Durant/Melo
Lebron/Bosh/Love
Davis/Chandler

You absolutely must have two guys who can protect the rim and defend near the basket. They barely had that in 2008, because Bosh isn't a solid defensive presence down low, and they got killed by the Gasols. Bosh and Love stretch the floor as power forwards, so Blake is out (also because he's a total liability on defense and from the free throw line). The rest of the roster is a lock.

[h1]Dwyane Wade may miss Olympics[/h1]
MIAMI -- Dwyane Wade played with knee pain throughout the playoffs. He'll soon know exactly what was causing that problem, and if it could keep him out of the London Olympics.

One day after celebrating his second NBA championship, the Miami Heat guard told The Associated Press on Friday that he soon will have his ailing left knee examined, and acknowledges that surgery may be a possibility. Wade appeared in all 23 postseason games for Miami, averaging 22.8 points, and scored 20 in the title-clinching win for the Heat against Oklahoma City on Thursday night.

"I've got to make a decision on what my knee needs and what's best, because my career and finishing my career strong is what's important to me," Wade said. "And I know, yeah, the Olympics are coming up. It's something I really want to do. But at the same time, if I have to make a big decision, if something has to happen surgery-wise, that will have to be a step I have to take. My loyalty and my commitment to Miami Heat basketball is the No. 1 thing."

An MRI exam likely will take place in the next few days. Wade had the knee drained during Miami's second-round series against Indiana.

"From my small conversations with the doctor at that time, I think some kind of cleanup process might have to go on," Wade said. "And when that happens, from our previous experiences, it takes a while to recover. So I want to make sure that I want to recover strong and not like I did the last knee surgery that I had."

Link

Can't wait to see how this team perform, Bron Kobe & Durant is going to be really special to watch playing together
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom