*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

i dont like griffin on the team but if he has the 2008 boozer role, then fine

i like odom on the team because he was so valuable in 2010, but i just hope he is in shape and has his motor turnt up

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Javale McGee better make the team

This guy
laugh.gif

But seriously, I hope Rudy Gay makes the team. He thrived on the 2010 World Championship Team. I think he would kill in London.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Clearly didn't watch the 2010 World Championships.

Clearly didnt watch him play last season.

That really has nothing to do with anything.
yes it does. 

why should iggy be on the team? he doesnt do anything on offense to help it. rudy gay would be a better option then him

we have enough guys who all play enough defense and can score where u dont need a true LOCK DOWN guy

remember what kobe did on D in the last olympics? he shut down everyone

And Team USA was supposed to get killed in the paint with Chandler, Love and Odom in the World Championships in 2010. Right.

Jerry Colangelo pretty much set nine players as locks on Y! radio just now: Chandler, LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Paul, Love, Melo, Westbrook and D-Will.

He also said he can't just add more players to the selection pool (ie Cousins) because they haven't been participating in drug testing like the pool players are. But he said he could still ask for permission to add more guys....... he'll have to do it soon since I think they start working out on the 4th
laugh.gif

anthony davis faked his injury? how can he hurt himself like that during shootaround. i think they shoudls till put davis in. his ugly face will be mean defense.

Originally Posted by PMatic

And Team USA was supposed to get killed in the paint with Chandler, Love and Odom in the World Championships in 2010. Right.

I don't remember the U.S. playing against Spain in the 2010 World Championships.

And you're thinking about it the wrong way. What if Tyson Chandler gets injured in the semi-final, and they have to play Spain and their low post rotation of the Gasol brothers + Ibaka for the gold medal game? Eitherway, it's downright stupid to have one guy who can really play center on the roster.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

I don't remember the U.S. playing against Spain in the 2010 World Championships.

And you're thinking about it the wrong way. What if Tyson Chandler gets injured in the semi-final, and they have to play Spain and their low post rotation of the Gasol brothers + Ibaka for the gold medal game? Eitherway, it's downright stupid to have one guy who can really play center on the roster.
This, or what if the Gasol brothers + Ibaka get hurt in their semi-final, how will we match up with them then?!?
What ifs are stupid.

What if I won a million dollars

what if the Sacramento Kings stay in town

what if Lebron James was still in Cleveland

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

This, or what if the Gasol brothers + Ibaka get hurt in their semi-final, how will we match up with them then?!?
What ifs are stupid.

What if I won a million dollars

what if the Sacramento Kings stay in town

what if Lebron James was still in Cleveland

Seriously, that's your counter-argument? That they shouldn't take the possibility of their only center getting injured seriously because in theory the opposing players can get injured too?

Are you saying that Chandler getting injured in the course of the tournament and thereby leaving team USA with players who have not played a single minute on the center position in their careers is as far fetched as someone winning a million dollars?

pimp.gif
 @ everyone dropping like flies. Rudy gotta make the team just for the sake of his development as a player.
laugh.gif

Are you saying that Chandler getting injured in the course of the tournament and thereby leaving team USA with players who have not played a single minute on the center position in their careers is as far fetched as someone winning a million dollars?
I'm just giving you a hard time
laugh.gif
What ifs irk me for some reason.
But I think Coach K's style is to just put out the best 5 and make the other team adjust to him. I expect to see a lot of James and Melo, maybe even Durant, at the 4. 

Is Love even for sure back from his concussion???

CP3

Westbrook

Durant

James

Love

I kinda am expecting alot of that lineup....

Back
Top Bottom