*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Caught the game at Buffalo Wild Wings today. Their wings are average so me and my friend just got cheesy potato wedges and beer and it was game, set, match :smokin

Well I found this from a Twitter search:

Tiro Al Blanco · 53,596 like this
a few seconds ago
 via mobile
 · 

• [h6]‎#Londres12- LeBron James consigue el segundo TRIPLE-DOBLE en TODA la historia de los Juegos Olímpicos. El primer triple-doble del torneo olímpico lo consiguió Alexander Belov el 27.07.1976 vs CAN: 23pts, 14rebs, 10ast. Datos Basket
    [/h6]

A little history lesson for all you children: Belov was the guy who eventually scored the game winning basket for the Soviets in 1972 in the gold medal game. You know, after a couple do-overs.

As far as I'm concerned, Lebron has the first one. I don't trust anything the Soviets were credited with when it comes to basketball in the '70s.

Does anyone know a Youtube channel for some highlights?

Lakers media used to do it last Olympics..

The Olympic basketball has been quite boring and lack competition. For some reason 08 seem better to me. Imo this team is going to coast through the tournament. They're going to beat Spain by 30+

This has actually been the most competitive Olympic tournament I can remember. Russia bubbling up is a random surprise, and added a little bit of extra drama. There were a ton of close games (and an upset or two) in pool play, which led to some maneuvering for elimination qualifying. Quarterfinals featured three games of bitter rivals (Spain-France, Russia-Lithuania, Argentina-Brazil).

Now, headed to semis, you have upstart Russia vs. Spain (not a lock for Spain), and Argentina vs. USA (Argentina is the only country with some sort of bragging rights over Team USA).

These next three games of consequence are going to be intense. Much moreso than 2008.

Imagine how butt hurt Bosh would be if he didn't make it.
roll.gif

LMAOOOO :rofl:

Does anybody have the GIF of Kobe continuously bumping shoulders with LeBron on the bench during the Nigerian game? I know I saw it somewhere on NT, not sure if it was this thread exactly though.......

Kobe just proved that when he is in the mood he can transform any game like that,

I bet he found out Stephanie Rice was in the crowd and decided he didnt want to look bad

Someone asked Quade Cooper (he ex-bf Rugby star for Australia about it):

Gonna miss tomorrow's game too. Sunday, i'm up extra early to watch the gold medal game. Are these still on NBC Sports channel or did they make it to the real NBC channel yet???

Stephanie Rice gonna need a wheelchair tomorrow.

Definitely inspired by her attendance.

Stephanie Rice's heart torn at Boomers game

Andrew Webster
The Daily Telegraph
August 09, 2012 10:31AM

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ant-at-velodrome/story-fncvmu49-1226445510083

Stephanie Rice, Kobe Bryant

Budding romance? ... Rice and Bryant share a laugh at the velodrome. Source: News Limited

Stephanie Rice leaves the men's basketball quarter-final game after changing out of her team-issue tracksuit. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images) Source: Getty Images

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Kiwis escape BBQ explosion in London
Swimmers kick up their heels
Speedo party in London
Steph's stripper pole revelation
Mitcham stands alone as Twitter king

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

FORMER Olympic swimmer Craig Stevens believes there is "definitely something going on" between Dream Team basketballer Kobe Bryant and Australian swimmer Stephanie Rice.

And Stevens believes Bryant's apparent interest in the Australian dates back to the last Olympics.

While Bryant was busy playing the Boomers in an Olympic quarter-final in London, Stevens this morning rang Triple M radio in Sydney, revealing the LA Lakers superstar had shown interest in Rice at the last Games in Beijing in 2008.

"I think there is definitely something going on," he said.

"I was a swimmer at the last Olympics and he was hanging round us a fair bit, at different parties and what not," Stevens said.

"I remember her telling a story how he kind of put it to her. He had the family coming in the next day but he had that night free."

Rice did nothing to quash rumours of the romance, as she watched him take on the Boomers this morning.

The Aussie swim star did her best neutral supporter act as she sat in the stands, decked in green and gold, and didn't react when Bryant unleashed a three-point barrage in the second half.

While Australia fought valiantly, the Boomers were eventually overpowered by the strong US team, going down 119-86, with Bryant scoring 20 points.

Last edited:
Homie snitching on the Kobester. :smh: ******g rats

But I guess that's a taste of his own medicine.

Back
Top Bottom