UW Students: Check In

Originally Posted by Powfo

MUSIC 185 Concert Season for 2 credits. I'm in that right now.

do you just go to concerts and lecture and thats it? any papers? tests? quizes?
and are the concerts mostly on campus?

Dude, I EF'd up in concert seasons. The class consists of two main tests i believe and thats your grade..but the tests are formulated off questions fromlectures, the good thing is theres only class ONCE a week i think, but every class theres a guest speaker with a different instrument of some sort...and thetests ask questions only provided during the class. So attendence is pretty crucial to success I'd say. I made the mistake of missing a few classes and thetests are only like 20-25 multiple choice questions but worth alot of points per question..so not having a danm clue what the answer is because you missedclass may hurt. HOWEVER, you can attend 4 concerts, and they are all on campus (Meany Theatre Hall) and as long as you turn in the programs/pamphlets from theconcert by the due date, you pretty much get an extra .3 or .4 added to ur final grade/gpa, i messed up because on the due date of the concert programs, ithought 530 was the deadline when it was 930AM, so i paid $40 dollars to attend these concerts for NOTHIN! and also, on the first few days, the teacher willoffer a pretty mcuh seasons pass for like 15 bucks to to attend as many concerts as ud like for the quarter, otherwise each oconcert is like $10, anothermistake i made. So I'd say, if your willing to go to class once a week and focus to take good notes for an hour, and dont make stupid mistakes likemisconstruing the turn in time, u should get a good grade. smh at me though...lol.

Originally Posted by VCXV

hahaha, the class was pretty fun although i felt the grading was a bit unfair considering it's how your GROUP performs and conducts the projects more so than the individual effort you put in. That being said...how can you argue with building popsicle stick bridges and lego robots?!? I also had Venoy Overton and Darnell Gant in my class and let me be the first to say..they made the class entertaining. Venoy would just walk in and sit down while Ryan was talking and just have his headphones blasting so the entire class could hear them over Ryanns voice. and then he'd pull out one of his TWO cellphones and just start talkin on it in the middle of class and sometimes just walk out in the middle of class. And whenever he's not doin those things, him and darnell would be crackin jokes and just laughin out loud abruptly all the danm time hahah. Foreal tho..fun class, Ryans goofy as heIl...saw him walking on the ave yesterday btw. Dudes gotten hella white hairs grown since I last saw him, I thought he was relatively young too? must be stressin himself out lol.
....yea same type of stuff happened in my class, i had a clutch group though, i did a lot of the blueprints and building, and they focused on thereports and presentations....money, and then the lego thing i didn't really do anything, one of my members knew how to mess with it so we let him doeverything

i seen him on the ave before, and i was like.....i swear i seen you in that same wolf shirt x grey fleece x weird neck cover thingy a few months ago? dude wasmad chill though

and you're taking engl 100? man if you dont pass that with ease....you won't like the rest of your college career lol

if you want an INTERESTING class....i suggest weather 100 i think? you learn about moisture condensation, rainbows, storms, etc. i got a kick out of it....

Originally Posted by VCXV

Dude, I EF'd up in concert seasons. The class consists of two main tests i believe and thats your grade..but the tests are formulated off questions from lectures, the good thing is theres only class ONCE a week i think, but every class theres a guest speaker with a different instrument of some sort...and the tests ask questions only provided during the class. So attendence is pretty crucial to success I'd say. I made the mistake of missing a few classes and the tests are only like 20-25 multiple choice questions but worth alot of points per question..so not having a danm clue what the answer is because you missed class may hurt. HOWEVER, you can attend 4 concerts, and they are all on campus (Meany Theatre Hall) and as long as you turn in the programs/pamphlets from the concert by the due date, you pretty much get an extra .3 or .4 added to ur final grade/gpa, i messed up because on the due date of the concert programs, i thought 530 was the deadline when it was 930AM, so i paid $40 dollars to attend these concerts for NOTHIN! and also, on the first few days, the teacher will offer a pretty mcuh seasons pass for like 15 bucks to to attend as many concerts as ud like for the quarter, otherwise each oconcert is like $10, another mistake i made. So I'd say, if your willing to go to class once a week and focus to take good notes for an hour, and dont make stupid mistakes like misconstruing the turn in time, u should get a good grade. smh at me though...lol.
Damn, J. You made that class WAY harder than it is.

Just go to lecture OR get good notes from someone. I used someone elses notes for my first exam and I missed a few more than I hoped for. Since then, I'vebeen to every class, taking notes. 2 credits for 1 hour a week? Just study the day before the exam and you're good.

Anyone got the books for PSYCH200 and/or MUSIC 162?

1) 3 P/S AMERICAN POPULAR MUSIC (W/ 2 CDS) by STARR

2) CURIOUS NATURALISTS (2E 84) by TINBERGEN

3) KING SOLOMON'S RING (MERIDIAN) by LORENZ

4) MYTH OF MONOGAMY
5) NATURAL SELECTIONS
6) REVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY
7) SURVIVAL GAME all by BARASH

PM me please. Thanks

anyone know some easy 5 credit classes? i pretty have all my required classes done... just need electives to get my 180 total credits..

Originally Posted by Powfo

Anyone got the books for PSYCH200 and/or MUSIC 162?

1) 3 P/S AMERICAN POPULAR MUSIC (W/ 2 CDS) by STARR

2) CURIOUS NATURALISTS (2E 84) by TINBERGEN

3) KING SOLOMON'S RING (MERIDIAN) by LORENZ

4) MYTH OF MONOGAMY
5) NATURAL SELECTIONS
6) REVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY
7) SURVIVAL GAME all by BARASH

PM me please. Thanks

I might be able to help you with the music 162 book, I have to look for it...

^you or your friend want my sociolog of sport book? lmk

what was today? a rainy, bust out your kicks day? i saw

kobe iv id purple/red/lime, very fresh
a super duper clean pair of loden sbs...
some random bapes
and a pair of union 97 360s....

...neck broken left and right lol

Originally Posted by FRANChISe206

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Yo just got accepted to UW Tacoma. Any people go there?

Deciding between UWT and WSU...

don't go to pullman.
Word. Only thing you're gonna come out of pullman with is a drinking problem...

GO DAWGS!!!

...road trip to Portland on Saturday, anyone?
laugh.gif

^ermmmm lol

it was sad today walking around the ave seeing all this pac-10, real dawgs dont need time outs, banners and such all over the ave today......in the final 32> our football squad...

2010 here we go!

the UW men's bball squad was running some pick up at the IMA last Wednesday..... very cool to see.
pimp.gif

what's everyone's schedule look like this quarter? nice and light, i hope~ i live vicariously through the undergrads on here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANChISe206

the UW men's bball squad was running some pick up at the IMA last Wednesday..... very cool to see.
pimp.gif

what's everyone's schedule look like this quarter? nice and light, i hope~ i live vicariously through the undergrads on here
laugh.gif
They were on Friday too.
Gym was PACKED on the "main court"

I didn't even try to play on that court..... the wait had to have been like 6 games deep
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was playing on the court right next to it..... we won 4 games in a row, was playing well.... then our big man got tired & left, and we lost our 5th game

And my friend waiting for the other court STILL hadn't played
roll.gif
sick.gif

^haha that sucks.
laugh.gif

i initially went in to run a quick mile or two before heading back to the library, but ended up just watching them trash anyone willing to endure it... peopleweren't as afraid to play them as they were when Nate Rob used to run games tho... kinda shows you how long i've been here, huh?
laugh.gif

Anyone see those students walking around campus with NERF guns and orange bandanas? I was walking to class when all of a sudden I was in the middle of a gunfight. 4-5 dudes with automatic NERF guns opened fire on this unarmed guy and NERF darts were everywhere
laugh.gif

^ Actually, it's a CHID class. Some kind of live zombie game or something... I know there are orange bandanas/Nerf guns involved. Someone in my LSJ classis in it.

But #@%*, frat boys might be doing some wierd #@%* too.

Word.

Be sure to vote in your ASUW Elections May 11- May 13th
Vote online at MyUW

2948_74872969140_594024140_1814668_668241_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom