UW Students: Check In

first win since 2007! auuurite!
laugh.gif

^ For real. What a game!
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wish UW didnt F' up and not allow me to register until last week.
I would have for sure had full season tickets and been there instead of having to settle for a school pack and miss out.

I cant believe theyre ranked!

somewhere in my heart, I kinda feel like Pete Carroll took it easy and "let" the Huskies win. Like...he knew his team wasnt gonna live up to that #3ranking this year anyway, so he let his dudes get some shine and good footing in the new job.
cause the end of the game went down really weird...Carroll didnt make certain moves that seemed obvious to me.

^while i totally understand what you're saying, it wasn't all about play calling... you think he told his players to turnover the ball that many times?i'm seriously crediting Sark & Holt for developing a gameplan on both sides of the ball that gave us the best chance to win.

...maybe Carrol bet against his team on that vegas line?

laugh.gif
idk, but i'm enjoying all the shine we're getting on every sports show/news broadcast/internet blog/facebook feed/etc & i've gottencountless pats on the back for the win whilst parading around Honolulu & Waikiki the past couple of days in my UW jersey
pimp.gif

"Party like it's 2003! The Huskies are ranked again!"

"UW Football is the hottest thing in Seattle since Nirvana & coffee!"

...lol just a couple of my favorite quotes from various ESPN shows this morning
happy.gif

dont get me wrong either...Im LOVING it, and I DO think our D put in work...especially #40(Foster?)
BUT...and forgive me if my memory is off cause I was drinking during the game, but it seemed like they were able to run the ball on us pretty effectivelybetween the 20's, but then when they got down there at the 20, its like the calls changed up and they were playin around instead of tryin to jam the balldown UW's throat.
I believe our goalline D is great cause we shut LSU down in the redzone a couple times too, BUT...some of it just felt slightly fishy. Although, they didntconvert any 3rd downs(NICE!)
Im probably just being pessimistic on some "its too good to be true" stuff cause, 3 days later, it STILL hasnt really sunk in yet that we beat the #3team in the country after losing every game last year lol
I was smiling the entire 2nd half. it was funny cause I saw the 1st series where SC just moved the ball down the field and scored in like 8 plays, then I leftto go watch the rest of the game and the fight at my boys house....but after seeing that play I was like "ah man....its not lookin good for theHuskies"

hmm... well, after that initial (embarrassing) opening drive by USC, it looked like we just stacked the box more and tried to make Aaron Corp beat us.

now, do i think we're gonna make a BCS bowl? No. Do i think we're even gonna win the Pac-10? No. I'm just lovin' the directionwe're going in and again, i'm crediting Sark & Holt for knowing their opponents.

let it sink in, EL. Then, "Party like it's 2003! The Huskies are ranked again!"
pimp.gif

GO DAWGS!!!

Im gettin there, Im gettin there lol
Im just sad I missed all the national buzz. I woulda LOVED to see that. Right after the game we were out eating, watched bits of the Texas game, then watchedthe fight. Sunday was all NFL all day so I didnt get to see UW get any shine at all.
But I LOVE the direction the team is going in. The Defense gives up big chunks here and there, but to be so solid on the goaline, so soon....wow. and theoffense if getting better every game. we didnt score a million, but I liked how we moved the ball. The tailback is a beast, and Locker is getting better touchon his throws. if we keep playing like this, me might make a minor bowl, which Im sure we'd all be happy with.
Im anxious to see if we can play the same on the road...thats gonna be the big test I think

1) you're right. the defense is spotty at times, but they can only get better.
2) our tailback IS a beast... AND he's only a freshman!
devil.gif

3) i've been impressed with what Sarkisian has done with Locker thus far, and i'm glad we've got him for at least one more year.

all in all, i'm hoping the high off this win leads to more inspired play, which will lead to more wins, which will lead to more shine, which will lead tobetter recruits, and on and on and on... gawd i'm excited lol
laugh.gif

GO DAWGS!!!
pimp.gif

SO classes are officially 1 week away....any NTers takin Finance 350/ MGMT 300/ and or I/S 300?? all business classes, can anyone offer up any advice tosucceed or how to do well? I hope im not swamped with busy work this quarter. Is a TI-84 ok for finance?

Originally Posted by VCXV

SO classes are officially 1 week away....any NTers takin Finance 350/ MGMT 300/ and or I/S 300?? all business classes, can anyone offer up any advice to succeed or how to do well? I hope im not swamped with busy work this quarter. Is a TI-84 ok for finance?

I'm taking is 300 which prof you got and what's day bro? Yup, same here I'm a business school and a UW noob period lol, and anyone in here in BetaAlpha Psi? I'm thinkin bout joinin em

anybody trying to carpool to school? i've got class from 8:30-12:20 m-f. im up on beacon in the south end.

^meh. regardless of our (premature) ranking, we were underdogs going into that one. it's all good tho~ i'm just praying for a bowl game this year.GO DAWGS.

Originally Posted by trunks206

What year is it again? I thought it was 2008 the way we played today.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
and to think, I had to wait until 10pm to see THAT? I was dodging scores all night cause I wanted to go into watching it fresh. JEEZ
I REALLY hope they beat ND next week. Not only because Im a Husky fan, but because I cant stand ND....and they got so lucky this last game

Ahhh its feels great to be back.
Good luck to all my fellow UW NTers during the 2009-2010 school year.

Originally Posted by trunks206

Ahhh its feels great to be back.
Good luck to all my fellow UW NTers during the 2009-2010 school year.

ian did i just see you in SODO yesterday in a purple UW hoodie and HOA am1s womens??lol

i woke up today and went....tee hee hee, no school for me!....lol

I'm feelin like I'm back, just like I'm back said I'm feelin like I'm back....

By the way...UW NTers need to be at this event on Oct 8th. Find it on facebook as well.

n137451252748_9587.jpg

9418_1101192141568_1579620001_30239562_415775_n.jpg

I'm feelin like I'm back, just like I'm back said I'm feelin like I'm back....

By the way...UW NTers need to be at this event on Oct 8th. Find it on facebook as well.

n137451252748_9587.jpg

9418_1101192141568_1579620001_30239562_415775_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom