V.2014 ITS BALLING SEASON AGAIN.....TAXES!!! Where you doing yours?

I made close to 10k at one job since around April and maybe 1500-2k at another since October.. getting 833 back

This sound good? My dad did it and im pretty sure he knows what hes doingg

21, single, no kids or anything

too many variables to know for sure. have you attempted to complete a tax return on your own using any online software? that was suggested earlier in the thread, and i really agree that it's a great way to find out if what somebody else filled out for you is correct. if you answer the questions honestly and look up terms you don't know, or google a phrase or two, it should be pretty simple.

hmm.. I already signed and mailed everything...

Do you have any recommendations on any software to use? I'd like to do it anyway .. preferably free (until you file)

Last edited:
I made close to 10k at one job since around April and maybe 1500-2k at another since October.. getting $833 back

This sound good? My dad did it and im pretty sure he knows what hes doing. check below though, this is why im not sure...
Heres how I get paid at work
- delivery driver
- $1 per delivery. total amount at the end of the week is added to my check, then taxed
- Hourly + tips
- Credit card tips are reported, and i assume taxed
- Cash tips arent recorded
- At the end of the night after the credit card tips are counted, they report a "total amount of tips" which is the credit card tips + a guesstimate of the cash
I report and get taxed on a few things so im just curious on if its seems correct..

what you described about how you get paid only has an affect on what is actually on your W-2. if you feel that your w-2 was reported incorrectly, then that's between you and your employer that provided the w-2. the employer gives the irs the same info on your w-2 as you get... so if you're filing, or if somebody is helping you, and they use the information on your w-2, then it's good. if you are under the impression that your w-2 is incorrect, then you should attempt to have it corrected, and if the employer will not agree, then you should keep whatever documentation on hand to prove that your w-2 is incorrect just in case the IRS audits you for reporting something different than what the employer reported.

if you need to know if what your father completed is accurate, i would recommend attempting to get the same result using an online tax program by doing it yourself, or perhaps you could seek the assistance of the VITA program mentioned earlier, or even a paid preparer. short of putting all of your personal info into this thread, there are too many variables to determine if the way your form is filled out is correct.

hmm.. I already signed and mailed everything...
Do you have any recommendations on any software to use? I'd like to do it anyway .. preferably free (until you file)

i've used turbo tax for the past several years and find it to be quite user friendly. like @superb said, it just asks you questions and walks you through the whole thing.

Welp, mine still says processing and when I tried to request my transcript it said it wasn't available :rolleyes

Went backt to school to get my BS, I only go part time because I work full time. Can I claim the american opp credit, or any other education credit? I'm still waiting on the form from school showing the tuition paid.

here is the information available about education incentives for your federal taxes. i

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Publication-970,-Tax-Benefits-for-Education-1

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Form-8863,-E...an-Opportunity-and-Lifetime-Learning-Credits)

and

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/notice97-60.pdf

instead of describing your situation in your words, and trying to decide how your situation fits into the tax form, i would recommend that you read the information about the relevant tax code so that you can decide if the available credits/incentives fit your situation. unfortunately, due to the complex nature of credits and codes, it's usually not easy to answer questions like yours with a yes or no. as mentioned before, using tax software or an online program is a great way to see how your situation can change what happens with your taxes.

So the general consensus in here is that everyone with just a regular w2 and no major deductions should file themselves using turbo tax or a similar program? No matter how much you made?

So the general consensus in here is that everyone with just a regular w2 and no major deductions should file themselves using turbo tax or a similar program? No matter how much you made?

it's one option...

the other is to pay someone else to do them for you, or to get the paper forms and booklets and fill them out yourself.

check out the questions and answers that are flying around in here. seems like with a little bit of time and access to the internet, we can all learn a thing or two, and save the money that would have been used to pay someone else to do what we can do ourselves.

said this

"We have accepted your request for a 2013 Return Transcript . Please allow 5-10 days to receive it. The transcript will be sent to the address we have on file for you.

If you need more than one copy of your transcript you are allowed to make copies for your personal records"

does this mean im good?

said this

"We have accepted your request for a 2013 Return Transcript . Please allow 5-10 days to receive it. The transcript will be sent to the address we have on file for you.

If you need more than one copy of your transcript you are allowed to make copies for your personal records"

if that was your 2013 then your return is approved. you might see a deposit today

exactly but even if u have kids a house or whatever. turbo tax ask you the same questions a cpa would

I made close to 10k at one job since around April and maybe 1500-2k at another since October.. getting $833 back

This sound good? My dad did it and im pretty sure he knows what hes doing. check below though, this is why im not sure...

Heres how I get paid at work

- delivery driver
- $1 per delivery. total amount at the end of the week is added to my check, then taxed
- Hourly + tips
- Credit card tips are reported, and i assume taxed
- Cash tips arent recorded
- At the end of the night after the credit card tips are counted, they report a "total amount of tips" which is the credit card tips + a guesstimate of the cash

I report and get taxed on a few things so im just curious on if its seems correct..

sounds about right. my cousin in school made the same thing and got back $950

if you had a kid to claim you would had gotten back 5k easily

Ugh Ohhhhhhhh Tax Season Ballers lol I love this time of the year cause the whole month of Jan people was quiet & looking for those W-2 forms to come in the mail.

Feb 6th date was good. Deposited this morning. :D

And btw, the IRS wheres my refund site still hasnt updated my info. Its still on "Refund Approved"

Last edited:
Both returns deposited in my account already. Got my fed return today :smokin

(all $30 of it :lol:)

All my bars disappeared on wmr and I still have NO deposit. This is bull crap. I got accepted on the 30th using turbotax.

Yeah my expected refund date is supposed to be today', but I haven't received nothing yet. Kinda makes me worried if I made a mistake with the direct deposit..

Yeah my expected refund date is supposed to be today', but I haven't received nothing yet. Kinda makes me worried if I made a mistake with the direct deposit..
All my bars disappeared on wmr and I still have NO deposit. This is bull crap. I got accepted on the 30th using turbotax.

This is the first time I got my refund early morning. The past couple years Ive been getting them around mid-day. Same bank, always turbotax. Just give it some more time. :D

Yall are feinding for that money :lol:. Be patient. You'll get it when you get it. Or you'll know if you screwed up soon enough.

I've always used Tax Slayer and never had any issues. Easy to use and only $13 for Fed + State.

got my CA state refund direct deposited earlier this AM midnight I assume? had a friend owe me a couple hundred yesterday and another owes me this weekend like $400. I also get payday at midnight tomorrow :pimp:

Fed came.

state was rejected. 
indifferent.gif

Yall are feinding for that money :lol:. Be patient. You'll get it when you get it. Or you'll know if you screwed up soon enough.

I've always used Tax Slayer and never had any issues. Easy to use and only $13 for Fed + State.
We tryna ball out for 2 months G, it's BALLIN season! HAHA... Naw I'm j/k my chick tryna buy another car, so she's anxious. She has no patience to begin with tho

Back
Top Bottom