Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I'll say this.

If Apple made a 4.3 inch screen or even 4.0 inch LTE Iphone I would be the first to sign up for it.

Until then I'm Thunderbolting.
4 inches MAX. The evo is way to big for a phone and bigger the screen = more power consumptions. Evo looks like a damn picture frame with that little stand.

yea i dont like the Evo because the screen is huge and the phone overall is huge, cant even fit it in your pocket unless your wearing size 50 jeans
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

From what I understand you only need to flash roms if you want a custom one. Other than that there's no need.
I don't see how its a bad thing to the option on using custom ones instead of stock and keeping all that bloat ware you never use

There should be no need for a custom rom to be honest. Every custom rom has its pros and CONS. And its not like people are trying to flash their roms just for options sakes most of them want to fix a problem they have with the OS i.e to much bloatware, bad battery life, and mainly not having the most recent os. All of these problems shouldn't exist on the platform.

i don't get what you're trying to say. I really don't see how customizing your phone making it work for you is a bad thing.
I understand what you're saying about how those problems shouldn't exist and you're right but there is no perfect phone. And that's what custom roms are for

From what I understand you only need to flash roms if you want a custom one. Other than that there's no need.
I don't see how its a bad thing to the option on using custom ones instead of stock and keeping all that bloat ware you never use

There should be no need for a custom rom to be honest. Every custom rom has its pros and CONS. And its not like people are trying to flash their roms just for options sakes most of them want to fix a problem they have with the OS i.e to much bloatware, bad battery life, and mainly not having the most recent os. All of these problems shouldn't exist on the platform.

i don't get what you're trying to say. I really don't see how customizing your phone making it work for you is a bad thing.
I understand what you're saying about how those problems shouldn't exist and you're right but there is no perfect phone. And that's what custom roms are for

You shouldnt have to void your warranty and potentially brick your phone to improve your battery life. There are also now accounts of custom rom users having problems with the new android market. It's just a very inefficient way to fix problems that shouldnt exist

You shouldnt have to void your warranty and potentially brick your phone to improve your battery life. There are also now accounts of custom rom users having problems with the new android market. It's just a very inefficient way to fix problems that shouldnt exist

says da dude who's a proponent of jail breaking a iphone
laugh.gif

i got a nexus one on froyo...what em i missing from not having a iphone? nothing.

laugh.gif

i got a nexus one on froyo...what em i missing from not having a iphone? nothing.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

You cant even compare jailbreaking to flashing a custom rom. Jailbreaking is just giving root acess to the phone. Flashing a custom rom on a phone is essentially replacing the OS with a modified version. But I doubt it matters to you android people not like you guys care about your warrant/lack of warranty.

For one you are missing a front facing camera.
Two you are missing out on any game that matters. Please dont come and respond with "i got all the emulators I want" because honestly who the $+$* still plays roms Id rather have a game tailored for my hardware than a 20 year old game.
Your apps will always be behind iPhone. Proven several times check the difference between Facebook Android vs Facebook iPhone. 99% of good apps that are multiplatform either have more features on iOS or are released months a head of Android (see comcast xfinity app).

Apps are the only thing that differentiates the platforms really. Thats the whole point all phones essentially have the same features third party apps are the only real things that can differentiate phone platforms. iOS has more and better quality apps thats why it is better. You better hope iPhone never official releases on Sprint or T-Mobile or else its a done deal. The consumers have already spoken and said they want iPhone its only time until Android users turn into the Blackberry users of yesterday.

Hardware wise you have an inferior screen resolution.
Out the box you dont have 720p video recording
You have to buy a Microsd just to ever equal what comes standard on iPhone

Also you have that fragmented OS you call Android, where the manufacturer of your phone who also makes the OS, STILL hasnt give you 2.3. Is there any reason why Goggle couldnt come out with Gingerbread in timely manner? This would never happen on an iPhone...

laugh.gif

You cant even compare jailbreaking to flashing a custom rom. Jailbreaking is just giving root acess to the phone. Flashing a custom rom on a phone is essentially replacing the OS with a modified version. But I doubt it matters to you android people not like you guys care about your warrant/lack of warranty.

For one you are missing a front facing camera.
Two you are missing out on any game that matters. Please dont come and respond with "i got all the emulators I want" because honestly who the $+$* still plays roms Id rather have a game tailored for my hardware than a 20 year old game.
Your apps will always be behind iPhone. Proven several times check the difference between Facebook Android vs Facebook iPhone. 99% of good apps that are multiplatform either have more features on iOS or are released months a head of Android (see comcast xfinity app).

Apps are the only thing that differentiates the platforms really. Thats the whole point all phones essentially have the same features third party apps are the only real things that can differentiate phone platforms. iOS has more and better quality apps thats why it is better. You better hope iPhone never official releases on Sprint or T-Mobile or else its a done deal. The consumers have already spoken and said they want iPhone its only time until Android users turn into the Blackberry users of yesterday.

Hardware wise you have an inferior screen resolution.
Out the box you dont have 720p video recording
You have to buy a Microsd just to ever equal what comes standard on iPhone

Also you have that fragmented OS you call Android, where the manufacturer of your phone who also makes the OS, STILL hasnt give you 2.3. Is there any reason why Goggle couldnt come out with Gingerbread in timely manner? This would never happen on an iPhone...

Originally Posted by Prince Of Shoes HEAD

this is funny, but should i wait for iphone 5 coming out in the summer? i remember waiting for the iphone 4 , than rumored about verizon iphone 4 now they having rumor about iphone 5 coming out in the summer!!! lol

If you have Verizon dont hold your breathe on getting an iPhone 5 in the summer. If you have At&t than yes there should be a new iphone at least by the beginning of fall.

Originally Posted by Prince Of Shoes HEAD

this is funny, but should i wait for iphone 5 coming out in the summer? i remember waiting for the iphone 4 , than rumored about verizon iphone 4 now they having rumor about iphone 5 coming out in the summer!!! lol

If you have Verizon dont hold your breathe on getting an iPhone 5 in the summer. If you have At&t than yes there should be a new iphone at least by the beginning of fall.

laugh.gif
Usain Bolt, you're cool and all but you're not giving Android the credit it deserves.
Excellent phones for both the average and more tech savvy users.
What the iphone does well along with the rest of apple products, they tend well to average users.

And you're def right about the warranty, no one cares about it until something goes wrong lol

laugh.gif
Usain Bolt, you're cool and all but you're not giving Android the credit it deserves.
What the iphone does well along with the rest of apple products, they tend well to average users.

And you're def right about the warranty, no one cares about it until something goes wrong lol

laugh.gif

What exact credit does Android really deserve though? What innovations have been made on the Android platform? Zero. Outside of the uber expensive Atrix all the Android phones that have been released are really nothing special. Yeah the iPhone usually isnt cutting edge with its hardware(which it doesnt need to) either but atleast it has software to back it up and of course software updates in a timely manner.

laugh.gif

What exact credit does Android really deserve though? What innovations have been made on the Android platform? Zero. Outside of the uber expensive Atrix all the Android phones that have been released are really nothing special. Yeah the iPhone usually isnt cutting edge with its hardware(which it doesnt need to) either but atleast it has software to back it up and of course software updates in a timely manner.

Originally Posted by RFX45

The "logo" and the cool factor. 

yeah because its totally like the android market is equivalent to the app store. Android Market reminds me of the Ubuntu Software Center. straight garbage.

It's a joke man, I'm not defending either side. 
I'm getting the iPhone in Verizon and I am sure I'll like it because I am currently using a Samsung Rogue.

As long as I can have the same call signal and reliability I've been having wih Verizon, I'm cool with it.

Everything else is just icing on the cake for me.

Originally Posted by RFX45

The "logo" and the cool factor. 

yeah because its totally like the android market is equivalent to the app store. Android Market reminds me of the Ubuntu Software Center. straight garbage.

It's a joke man, I'm not defending either side. 
I'm getting the iPhone in Verizon and I am sure I'll like it because I am currently using a Samsung Rogue.

As long as I can have the same call signal and reliability I've been having wih Verizon, I'm cool with it.

Everything else is just icing on the cake for me.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

I'll say this.

If Apple made a 4.3 inch screen or even 4.0 inch LTE Iphone I would be the first to sign up for it.

4 inches MAX. The evo is way to big for a phone and bigger the screen = more power consumptions. Evo looks like a damn picture frame with that little stand.

yea i dont like the Evo because the screen is huge and the phone overall is huge, cant even fit it in your pocket unless your wearing size 50 jeans
30t6p3b.gif

I seen pics of you on here before, and I assume, that you're into the more "fitted" clothes look to show all the hard work you put into all those hours at the gym... no mo.

I'm into a regular fit clothing you can say... I've never been on the really baggy clothing side, and I'll never get on that tight jeans %#!% no matter how diesel I am... tight/fitted shirt is another thing though.

I'm 6 "3" and and wear 34x34 jeans... although not baggy... not tight either... and the phone fits perfectly fine in my front left pocket.

I seen tight jeans wearing dudes in Soho plenty of times and they have Evo's and I still see they fit an Evo in their front pocket all the time... only difference is between them and me is that you can see the phone imprint on the front of their jeans... again no mo.

Not being a stan for Android or whatever you guys will accuse me of, but I too thought that before I got the Evo it was to big for a phone at the time.  Dude I worked with got it first and I held it in my hand and still thought it was huge... then my girl got it... and then I did a few days after her.

Man the phone is so not big and is like the perfect size for what a smart phone with all it's capabilities should be.  I honestly can't see myself going smaller than it nor bigger... it's perfect at the size it's at.  If you have the Evo in your possession for some time you will grow accustomed to it and the size will have no bearing on you at all.

I look at iTouches/iPhone's and think to myself how can people like such small screen phones, and I'm pretty sure you guys look at the Evo and other's with 4.3 and think how can we like such big screen phones.

Hey at the end of the day it's your, and my, money and we're allowed to spend it on what we want and how we want so it's all preference and what suits you best.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

I'll say this.

30t6p3b.gif

I seen pics of you on here before, and I assume, that you're into the more "fitted" clothes look to show all the hard work you put into all those hours at the gym... no mo.

I'm into a regular fit clothing you can say... I've never been on the really baggy clothing side, and I'll never get on that tight jeans %#!% no matter how diesel I am... tight/fitted shirt is another thing though.

I'm 6 "3" and and wear 34x34 jeans... although not baggy... not tight either... and the phone fits perfectly fine in my front left pocket.

I seen tight jeans wearing dudes in Soho plenty of times and they have Evo's and I still see they fit an Evo in their front pocket all the time... only difference is between them and me is that you can see the phone imprint on the front of their jeans... again no mo.

Not being a stan for Android or whatever you guys will accuse me of, but I too thought that before I got the Evo it was to big for a phone at the time.  Dude I worked with got it first and I held it in my hand and still thought it was huge... then my girl got it... and then I did a few days after her.

Man the phone is so not big and is like the perfect size for what a smart phone with all it's capabilities should be.  I honestly can't see myself going smaller than it nor bigger... it's perfect at the size it's at.  If you have the Evo in your possession for some time you will grow accustomed to it and the size will have no bearing on you at all.

I look at iTouches/iPhone's and think to myself how can people like such small screen phones, and I'm pretty sure you guys look at the Evo and other's with 4.3 and think how can we like such big screen phones.

Hey at the end of the day it's your, and my, money and we're allowed to spend it on what we want and how we want so it's all preference and what suits you best.

Back
Top Bottom