Vick Commin' Home (Let my thread stay, im from Newport News)

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by IndieSpice

Originally Posted by bkmac

air-jordan-retro-7-olympic-white-metallic-gold-midnight-navy-true-red.jpg
wth?!?!?!?!?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Noob.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

And 4wrestling I think we know how you feel on this subject, no need to post hateful comments multiple times in the same thread.

laugh.gif
I googled this Vick Jersey and NT came up

vick-jersey.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

J Capo wrote:

dmbrhs wrote:

I love how NT celebrates criminals.

People acting like Vick robbed their grandmothers or something. It was a couple dogs, get over it.
indifferent.gif

Ignorant

I'm a huge dog guy, but damn people need to stop being haters simple as that.

Give the dude a break he CLEARLY $*#%@@ up & now he hopefully gets a fair shot at life again.
Now if he messes up again it'll be a different story, but damn some people are raised differently then others.

All the hate for Vick in the thread is disgusting. N's really acting like Vick murdered your mother. He fought dogs (more or less) nothing so major thatunless there was people either snitching or definitely digging into we would've never known how "horrible of a person" Vick is.

Thanks to that we missed probably the prime years to one of the most exciting football players ever.
And with Vick gone we clearly ended up seeing how different the NFL is now.

Matt Ryan would've never been a Falcon, Vick probably would've taken his team to the playoffs, but definitely would've made a lot of people lokstupid just by making plays. So if your a football you have to feel deprived of not being able to see a once in lifetime type player gone in his prime yearsbecause of well just some dogs. (I LOVE DOGS, DONT CONDONE THIS BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS).

And just as a person you HAVE to be happy to see him out of jail & being able to have a second chance cause I doubt that you never did anything you regret.Sure it probably wasn't a crime, but damn yall N's acting like your all heroes.

And to dude that said we all think Vick is a "hero" because he's going against the man.. It aint even that serious.

We just fans of football & of people. And to the people he was looking out for that snitched on him. Vick clearly got a raw deal because he was made out tobe an example then he lost all his money & endorsements too. I mean it's hard to feel bad for a rich dude to me, but when you got it all then its allsuddenly taken away plus your freedom then yeah thats $*#%@@ up.

RANT.

Originally Posted by J Capo

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

People acting like Vick robbed their grandmothers or something. It was a couple dogs, get over it.
indifferent.gif
Ignorant

i hope ur calling the dude that said "NT celebrates criminals" ignorant. cuz the next dude's response is perfectly appropriate. After all we livein society where someone can intoxicate him or herself so much that he/she could easily take the lives of others as well as his or her life as well, yet thepunishment for that (DUI) is only a day in jail. Whereas the punishment for running some dog fights is a year in Fed. Prison... Are Dogs really that damnimportant??? A huge fine and publicity would have sufficed as punishment/humiliation enough for Vick.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

He's a Vick.

He'll screw up and be back in jail.
He is not going back to jail.... dude is broke and will work his $#+ off to get back in the NFL and make his money again!

Still my favorite player!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Welcome home Vick!

If he kept his body in shape he can become a starter again!

[h2]de⋅lu⋅sion[/h2]   /dɪˈlu
thinsp.png
ʒən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [di-loo-zhuh
thinsp.png
n] Show IPA
-noun [table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]an act or instance of deluding.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]the state of being deluded.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]a false belief or opinion: delusions of grandeur.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]4.[/td] [td]Psychiatry. a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact: a paranoid delusion.[/td] [/tr][/table]

Origin:
1375-1425; late ME < L dēlūsi

if peta even tries to start some $!#, i'll personally go to wherever he plays myself and beat them off with raw steaks and other meats-including my own.whos with me?

Originally Posted by AirWing03

if peta even tries to start some $!#, i'll personally go to wherever he plays myself and beat them off with raw steaks and other meats-including my own. whos with me?
No you wouldn't.

Originally Posted by AirWing03

if peta even tries to start some $!#, i'll personally go to wherever he plays myself and beat them off with raw steaks and other meats-including my own. whos with me?

1ce15149786eb9ffdd7abba2f30f5084af7067f.jpg

Seeing another thread in the Sports & Training form kind of lead me to this post...

Mike Vick, was one of the most dynamic QB's in the league, now whether you thought he was overrated or not, you have to at least admit he was exciting towatch, and more often than not made some jaw dropping plays.

However...

Vick also had a passion for organizing wild west showdowns between dogs for entertainment and money. Seeing as I am a dog (hell, for that matter all animalsseeing as pretty much all 'domesticated' ones are pretty much defenseless) lover, I was saddened and outraged when I first heard about this. But, youhave to admit the man is just about to finish up his punishment and as about to granted a second chance at life.

(You'll see where I'm going with this in a moment...)

For those of you in here expressing your disgust at:
A) Vick himself for what he did

B) The mere thought of him maybe playing in the NFL again

C) People STILL being fans of his and proudly wearing his jersey, shoes, etc...

I ask you this:

A) Yes, what he did was appalling and disgusting, but IN THE GRAND SCHEME of things, he wasn't on trial for murder/violence against another human being ormore specifically a woman, I mean is Mike Vick really that much worse than say, Adam 'Pac Man' Jones, or from an entertainment standpoint Chris Brown?It was a stupid and gross crime but in my honest opinion it really isn't that bad.

B) So because a man who had "everything almost all of us will never have, (e.g. more money than god, fame, superior atheltic ability, millions offans)" messed up in one stage of his life, NOT his ENTIRE life, he should be banned from the league or at the very least suspended for the 2009 season.Why? MLB Superstar Josh Hamilton (this is the point that got me thinking) was perhaps one of the most highly sought after prospects coming into his career.What happend? Years of 'self-imposed' drug and alcohol abuse nearly killed his career and more importantly himself. Now, people all over the nationlove him, he is a "feel good" story, there should be movies made about him." How is this guy any different than Mike Vick? Because he was onlyhurting himself? He was only hurting other drug users? Oh ok, I guess that makes it ok. Kobe Bryant was on trial for rape, (yes he was acquitted) but still hewas on trial for it, and at the very least the man OPENLY ADMITTED to ADULTERY. At first there was outcrys and backlash, but now look, his jersey is back upthere as the top seller and people seemto overlook that small part of his life? What makes these guys so different from Vick? Why can't he get a secondchance to regain our trust or at least our attention to allow him to entertain us?

C) Why do we automatically HATE those who admire people in these situations? I'll admit it, after everything is all said and done I am still a fan of MikeVick for what he's done/may still do ON THE FIELD, off maybe a different story. But, again I bring up Josh Hamilton, Kobe Bryant, Chris Brown, the list cango on and on... If these guys can commit the crimes they did and still have passionate fans to this day, why can't Vick?

I am STILL a huge fan of Barry Bonds, and Alex Rodriguez. I don't agree with what they did, (but given the circumstances and 'loose' policies atthe time I can see why they did it, but that's a whole different story) but I still root for A-Rod and still respect what Bonds did during his career.Hell, 4wrestling (I really don't mean to single you out like this, cause I respect/agree with almost all of your posts) but we watch WWE every week and youand I both know that dudes are breaking the law left and right outside of the ring (whether it be steroids or other issues, e.g. Chris Benoit RIP) but yet westill watch, cheer for, and allow them to entertain us...

Why can't Vick get a second chance?

Cliffs notes:
1) Was his crime really that heinous when compared to those like; 'Pac Man' Jones, Chris Brown, etc...
2) If Josh Hamilton (a former drug/alcohol abuser who almost threw away his talent) can be granted a second chance in our eyes and be admired, why can'tVick?

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

Originally Posted by J Capo

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

indifferent.gif
Ignorant

i hope ur calling the dude that said "NT celebrates criminals" ignorant. cuz the next dude's response is perfectly appropriate. After all we live in society where someone can intoxicate him or herself so much that he/she could easily take the lives of others as well as his or her life as well, yet the punishment for that (DUI) is only a day in jail. Whereas the punishment for running some dog fights is a year in Fed. Prison... Are Dogs really that damn important??? A huge fine and publicity would have sufficed as punishment/humiliation enough for Vick.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom