Victor Page

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

That honestly hurt to see... He had so much game
tired.gif
Yes man. It does hurt. Especially since he is from the city.

We were talking about this yesterday

DC area ballers had some of the best talent in the country when it came to ballin, but the worst attitudes....Kevin Durant is one of the best talents in the world because he one of the few who came out the area with his head on straight....

Originally Posted by illwill24

DC area ballers had some of the best talent in the country when it came to ballin, but the worst attitudes....Kevin Durant is one of the best talents in the world because he one of the few who came out the area with his head on straight....

Hmmm....never really thought about that. 

Off the top of my head, I can only think of 3 dudes born in DC to make it to the NBA

1.  Elgin Baylor
2.  Sherman Douglas
3.  Moochie Norris

am I missing anyone?  As b-ball crazy as DC is, it's a bit surprising that more dudes haven't played in the NBA from the city. 

Junkyard Dog is from DC. Johnny Dawkins, Walt Williams, Adrian Dantly

Stevie Franchise was born in DC but he's not really "from" DC if I'm not mistaken

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Hmmm....never really thought about that. 

Off the top of my head, I can only think of 3 dudes born in DC to make it to the NBA

1.  Elgin Baylor
2.  Sherman Douglas
3.  Moochie Norris

am I missing anyone?  As b-ball crazy as DC is, it's a bit surprising that more dudes haven't played in the NBA from the city. 
Louis Bullock, though he only got drafted and traded, but never actually played an NBA game. Kid was nice...had handles and a 3 from anywhere on the court. How he didn't stick in the league is beyond me, and he is super humble and quiet.

Louis Bullock's college career was pretty special. He ranks third all time in points scored at the University of Michigan, scored over 20ppg in his senior season, and is the Big Ten's all time leader in three point makes. Unfortunately, his whole career was overshadowed by the illicit loans scandal that saw both his and the school's achievements in his time there removed from the record books, but still. We'll forget that for a minute.

Louis Bullock's NBA career then never happened. He was drafted, he was traded, he signed, and he was cut. He never played in a game, or managed a day on a regular season roster. In hindsight, it doesn't seem to have been worth all the scandal.

Louis Bullock's post-NBA career has been a lot brighter. He's taken his undersized shooting guard's game to Europe, where it's more suited, and he's spent many years (particularly with Real Madrid) being one of the finest shooters in the continent. He's lethal as a catch-and-shoot player, from both inside the arc and out, and he's able to create any jumpshot for himself with his instincts, quick release and excellent ball-handling ability. Bullock is also one of the best free throw shooters you'll ever see, and isn't afraid of taking and making big shots.

He lacks a lot of stuff, though. He's very short for a shooting guard, has no point guard skills outside of the ball handling, is not much of a defensive player at either guard spot, and he doesn't rebound. He's also not a great finisher around the rim, although he's pretty slick at getting there.

Nonetheless, despite the number of those flaws, Bullock's strong strengths easily negate them. He might not have the great versatility in the world, but he's highly successful at what he does, and at some of the best standards of basketball in the world. Bullock is (or should be) the poster child for 6'1 shooting guards the world over. You could say he's the people's champion.

I remember him at Winchendon Prep. He was a monster. Demarr Johnson was a stud at Maine Central too

Don't do that to DC. It is anywhere man. Same can be said about dudes from New York, Chicago, LA, Boston, dudes that just never made it.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

1.  Elgin Baylor
2.  Sherman Douglas
3.  Moochie Norris

You are missing alot. Hell even just recently, Lawson, Beasley, Durant, Nolan Smith, Sam Young, Dante Cunninham.

http://www.basketball-ref...?country=US&state=DC

And not to mention the dudes from the suburbs.

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

I remember him at Winchendon Prep. He was a monster. Demarr Johnson was a stud at Maine Central too
DerMarr was Kevin Durant before Kevin Durant. That is who Durant was being compared to when growing up. Of course DerMarr didn't do much in the NBA (blame the accident), but he was 6'9, could handle the ball like he was 6'1, and could shoot it from deep. Remember that he was the #1 player in the class of 99. Dude was a beast.

Back
Top Bottom