Victor Page

Len Bias, Joe Forte, James "Top Flight" White....my mans Brandon from around the way too lololol

Originally Posted by illwill24

Len Bias, Joe Forte, James "Top Flight" White....my mans Brandon from around the way too lololol
Who is your man Brandon?

James White had hype but nobody ever thought he was super talented. Super Athletic, yes.

Forte, headcase. Word to Rashad McCants.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

I remember him at Winchendon Prep. He was a monster. Demarr Johnson was a stud at Maine Central too
DerMarr was Kevin Durant before Kevin Durant. That is who Durant was being compared to when growing up. Of course DerMarr didn't do much in the NBA (blame the accident), but he was 6'9, could handle the ball like he was 6'1, and could shoot it from deep. Remember that he was the #1 player in the class of 99. Dude was a beast.

I remember seeing Dermarr on TV his sr yr in H.S and I couldn't believe what the %$*% I was watching.  It was unseemly that he could be that size doing everything he did, I remember thinking Leonard Stokes was going to do numbers as soon as he touched down in Cinci until I saw DerMarr.

As big of a Duke fan as I am that Cincy squad of Kenyon, Demarr, Steve, Kenny etc was one of my favorites of all time... I remember DerMarr going for like 28 in a half where he didn't miss a shot until a 28 footer rimmed out and everyone was shocked he missed that
laugh.gif
One of my favorite college players ever
pimp.gif

True story: My AAU team stayed in the same hotel as DC Assault once during an AAU tournament. Dermarr saw us warming up and challenged us to a dunk contest. It never went down but best believe we were choreographing our routine that night. Not that it would have mattered, we would have got destroyed, but funny story regardless.

tired.gif
@ the shame and pain in his facial expression. Hopefully he can look back at that photo and fuel it to turn his life around, yet again.

And I know the lines have become increasingly blurred, but a lot of the dudes named in here are from PG and not DC...Lawson (Clinton), Nolan (Upper Marlboro), Beasley (Suitland/Oxon Hill), etc.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

I remember him at Winchendon Prep. He was a monster. Demarr Johnson was a stud at Maine Central too
DerMarr was Kevin Durant before Kevin Durant. That is who Durant was being compared to when growing up. Of course DerMarr didn't do much in the NBA (blame the accident), but he was 6'9, could handle the ball like he was 6'1, and could shoot it from deep. Remember that he was the #1 player in the class of 99. Dude was a beast.

I remember seeing Dermarr on TV his sr yr in H.S and I couldn't believe what the %$*% I was watching.  It was unseemly that he could be that size doing everything he did, I remember thinking Leonard Stokes was going to do numbers as soon as he touched down in Cinci until I saw DerMarr.

As big of a Duke fan as I am that Cincy squad of Kenyon, Demarr, Steve, Kenny etc was one of my favorites of all time... I remember DerMarr going for like 28 in a half where he didn't miss a shot until a 28 footer rimmed out and everyone was shocked he missed that
laugh.gif
One of my favorite college players ever
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

tired.gif

yo man you bout to bring a tear to my eyes...that cincy team with kenny satt running the 1, demarr floating on the wing and kenyon beating everything moving!...omg. my fav college team ever. i remember demarr coming down to Raleigh for the Glesko Welcome tourney. my mans put on a damn show. dog was 6'9 running the 1 the whole game.
sick.gif

it makes me soo sick that he didnt show out in the League like he was suppose too.
tired.gif

Man the first time I saw DerMarr was one summer up the Kenner League (GTown). It was also the first time I ever saw Steve Francis play. Steve vs. Joe Forte. Going AT IT. Steve was showing off the tricks and Joe going right back at him splashing it in his eyes. But DerMarr was yankin folks, at 6'9 man. Like Cake said, I didn't understand what the hell I was seeing.

But @ Dude that talks about MD/DC lines, yea I know they are MD Dudes, but like you said, those lines are blurred. That would be like Chicago dudes claiming Iggy and Candace Parker.

Its like you said... he was Kevin before Kevin. I fully expected him to be a star in the L
tired.gif

I remember going to buy these to hoop in just because he was rocking them

air-flightposite-retro-le.jpg

pimp.gif

Not watching that, but I was reading that he got back on PCP after being clean for a bit.

Awful to see! I was a huge fan of those Georgetown teams!

Makes you wonder what type of guidance or support he had after his playing days. Rough to see guys go down that path.

Back
Top Bottom