* Video: Jay-Z f. Rihanna & Kanye West, "Run This Town"

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

roll.gif

So this is what Jay-Z is now..

The video's cool & the song's hot, but $$% is it??

This video basically sums up what I think of Jay-Z nowadays.. He can say hot lines make hot songs, but $$% is he talking about nowadays..

Ye' look wild mo in that video too.. Rihanna looking
pimp.gif
... But ol' man Jigga need to get back to his 1-900 Hustler, Change the Game #*@+.. This jigga... Ehh he's hot, but this aint the Jay *WE* signed up for when we say we listen to rap..
Hov is worth half a billion now. When he did American Gangster dudes said how can he talk about being a gangster? When he does Kingdom Come heneeds to go back to Dead Presidents. I mean what lane can Hov really go in?

When American Gangster dropped I counted more as soundtrack than anything because honestly that album was ok..
Kingdome Come Hov' came right..

I respect the grind forever, but he's so switched up now he aint what I grew up listening to or what I want to listen to..
& the fact he's worth a half billion.. what does that mean to me or you??

I know I aint the only one that feels this way.. Jay get listened to in the hood still & always, but he definitely switched up who his music is for..

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

When American Gangster dropped I counted more as soundtrack than anything because honestly that album was ok..
Kingdome Come Hov' came right..

I respect the grind forever, but he's so switched up now he aint what I grew up listening to or what I want to listen to..
& the fact he's worth a half billion.. what does that mean to me or you??

I know I aint the only one that feels this way.. Jay get listened to in the hood still & always, but he definitely switched up who his music is for..
grin.gif
, and I'm a hov fan...

He's older, made more $$$, has seen more things. He's jet skiing in Croatia... of course he's not the same Jay we grew up listening to. But when hetalks that D Boy %+%+ yopu say, you're rich we dopn't want to hear that. But when he talks about his life now, you say you want RD Jay Confused NTers

"Its the re-turn of the God...peaceGod"

Listen to the chorus and the title.He came out of left field with this whole subject matter didn't he? He could've made his first commercial singles about anything in the world, homieain't stupid...he could've made a 2 steppin anthem for the ladies, another "Song Cry" etc.....he is purposely speaking on something a littledeeper.

California Love 2?...nah

Y'all ain't watching the video right....look at the background again....

Look familiar?

35layd5.jpg

abusimbelhall.jpg

Like I told y'all a year or 2 ago...
"There's a war going on outside no man is safe from...."

I just hope he's still playing for home team.

316vqti.jpg

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

"Its the re-turn of the God...peace God"

Listen to the chorus and the title. He came out of left field with this whole subject matter didn't he? He could've made his first commercial singles about anything in the world, homie ain't stupid...he could've made a 2 steppin anthem for the ladies, another "Song Cry" etc.....he is purposely speaking on something a little deeper.

California Love 2?...nah

Y'all ain't watching the video right....look at the background again....

Look familiar?

35layd5.jpg

abusimbelhall.jpg

Like I told y'all a year or 2 ago...
"There's a war going on outside no man is safe from...."

I just hope he's still playing for home team.

316vqti.jpg

Keep goin'... [emoji]169[/emoji] Jay-Z

"Feel it coming in the air...hear the screams from everywhere....Can't be scare when itgoes down...got a problem tell me now...only thing thats on my mind, is who gone run this town tonight?"

gun-at-town-hall-chyron.jpg

Y'all ready?

"This is Sinatra at the Opera, bring a blonde...preferably with a fatass that can singa song...WRONG.
laugh.gif

This ain't politcally correct...this might offend my politcal connects..."

jay-z_is_a_part-owner_of_new_jersey_nets-arton21812-240x211.jpg

"I know we facin a recession but the music y'all making gone make it theGreat Depression...."

http://niketalk.com/topic/198871

http://niketalk.com/topic/198871

"Back to running circles round_....now we squared up..."

alchemy.gif

This simple 17th century "sign" illustrates the blending of geometric shapes, elemental symbols and astrological signs. Each part representing the various "elements" and forces needed for magical work in the quest for physical transformation and spiritual illumination and immortality. Many medieval alchemists based their philosophies on mystical traditions rooted in the Kabbala (Jewish mysticism), Hermetic magic and the occult practices of ancient civilizations such as Egypt and China.

compass.jpg

The Masonic symbol of the compass and the T-square represents movement toward perfection and a balance between the spiritual and physical which resembles Egyptian and oriental mysticism. The compass (used to form circles) represent spirit. The ruler (part of a square) represent the physical. Some public schools pass out pencil cases and other gifts decorated with this emblem.

He's sacrificing lyricism to talk in between hislines...

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

The video and song are cool.
Rihanna looking right as usual.

roll.gif

Like you don't see Haze goin' in over here.

Son took "Jay-Z For Dummies" to a whole 'nother level...

I used to read that $!+* and be like - "It's plausible, but it seems like a reach..."

Now I really think homie is on to something - too many similarities and coincidences...

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

The video and song are cool.
Rihanna looking right as usual.

roll.gif

Like you don't see Haze goin' in over here.

Son took "Jay-Z For Dummies" to a whole 'nother level...

I used to read that $!+* and be like - "It's plausible, but it seems like a reach..."

Now I really think homie is on to something - too many similarities and coincidences...
This

Imma few more signs from leaving BP3 on the shelf

Haze where u at? I hope u reachin with the stuff cuz dude is my fav rapper but i need more, DECODE MORE LYRICS. Let me know if i can still fool wit this dudeor not.

Yea JAY is definetly rubbing this free mason stuff in all our faces. But what can we do? Is he tryna warn us? Help us? I dunno maaaan

Not a great MV, but it sure beats watching Jay-Z completely fail at acting "classy"

Back
Top Bottom