Vince Staples...

Cool :nthat:

I got it off the leak but im copping a physical copy regardless. Vince been one of my favorite rappers out since Winter In Praque

Cool :nthat:

I got it off the leak but im copping a physical copy regardless. Vince been one of my favorite rappers out since Winter In Praque

something so refreshing about a local kid doing his thing man :nthat:

Vince Staples ‏@vincestaples 10h10 hours ago

If you like what you hear please support on June 30th. This is how I live and what I live for, thank you.

I listen to the album on the way to class and stopped on Senorita. I'm digging the lift me up track and Norf Norf.

Also didn't know Senorita bang like that.

Will listen more thru out the day

Too much filler on that first disc, more than im used to from Vince since hes pretty consistent. On first listen I aint like every song after Loca until Senorita comes on which is :nthat:

Still gotta listen to the rest tho. Hope the second disc is better

Just finished this album. The second disc is MUCH better than the first but Summertime is prob the best song on this album. There are def highlights & low points on this album. The production on this album is amazing but Vinces choruses just aint here. Song structure is odd at times. If he took off Loca & Lemme Know, added another verse to Birds & Bees, had an actual verse on Dopeman along with a Fatts verse then this album woulda been better. It was cool regardless tho

Summertime :smokin :smokin :smokin
Lift Me Up :smokin :smokin :smokin
Norf Norf :smokin :smokin
3230 :smokin :smokin
Senorita :smokin :smokin
Like It Is :smokin :smokin :smokin

The second disk was alright to me

Honestly this isnt a good first project for a new or curious fan to listen to. I would listen to Stolen Youth or Shyne Coldchain 2 if you wanna better intro to dude

Also Like It Is is easily the best song on here. Its been on repeat since I finished the album

Honestly this isnt a good first project for a new or curious fan to listen to. I would listen to Stolen Youth or Shyne Coldchain 2 if you wanna better intro to dude

Also Like It Is is easily the best song on here. Its been on repeat since I finished the album

Agreed.

The intro alone on Stolen Youth is :nthat:

The second disk was alright to me

I listen to enough of the EP to **** with dude and a few features. Listened to Shyne Coldchain vol 2 and Winter in Prague after someone recommended it in the Breakfast Club thread for the pass two weeks

I will say rush thru the album with being on campus but the second disk just wasnt a standout collection. Ill sit down and give it some more spins

Last edited:
His beat selection is wack to me.
What kinda production are you into? Cause I thought the production on this album was one of its strengths. Although some beats are kinda weird to me like Get Paid

I listen to enough of the EP to **** with dude and a few features. Listened to Shyne Coldchain vol 2 and Winter in Prague after someone recommended it in the Breakfast Club thread for the pass two weeks

I will say rush thru the album with being on campus but the second disk just wasnt a standout collection. Ill sit down and give it some more spins

So did you like the first disc more then? To be real I dont think this album was one of Vinces better efforts on the first listen. Imma give it a couple more tries tho

So did you like the first disc more then? To be real I dont think this album was one of Vinces better efforts on the first listen. Imma give it a couple more tries tho
I listen to the half of the first disk about three times so cant really make a cause but I did like those tracks

I've been hearing mixed reviews from a lot of people, mostly positive but people have been saying it's way more vague than they were expecting as far as introspection, story, etc

I was tryna wait until I got my **** from Best Buy but I'm most likely gonna listen to it today 
laugh.gif

dat dude chris dat dude chris being that he's signed to NO I.D. I expected more soul beats. Some of these beats don't have anything that would make me listen to them again.

Yea & No ID produced most of this album after looking over the credits. Now that I think about it he really never has rapped over a beat with a soul sample lol. I think Vince & Michael Uzowuru need to link up again tho. His best stuff is with him

I've been hearing mixed reviews from a lot of people, mostly positive but people have been saying it's way more vague than they were expecting as far as introspection, story, etc

I was tryna wait until I got my **** from Best Buy but I'm most likely gonna listen to it today :lol:  

Been listening to Vince for almost 3 years and yea this album does have some vague introspection compared to his other stuff. However the highlights are as good as the lows. Like It Is is one of my fav songs of the year

I dunno. Some of the production is not easily digestible but I think it isn't a bad intro.

I'm just really getting into Vince and I'll prolly got back and listen to older stuff more but Winter in Prague was way too dark for me to get into.

I honestly kinda skipped around the Coldchains they sound good.

Why were people expecting No ID soul beats? The older beats No ID gave him (the ones i remember) I wouldn't call traditional No ID beats.

I think the production on the album is very fresh, outside the box but still feels very west coast. Prolly give a few spins when I fly this week but from first listen I think it's a very solid effort.

I dunno. Some of the production is not easily digestible but I think it isn't a bad intro.

I'm just really getting into Vince and I'll prolly got back and listen to older stuff more but Winter in Prague was way too dark for me to get into.

I honestly kinda skipped around the Coldchains they sound good.

Why were people expecting No ID soul beats? The older beats No ID gave him (the ones i remember) I wouldn't call traditional No ID beats.

I think the production on the album is very fresh, outside the box but still feels very west coast. Prolly give a few spins when I fly this week but from first listen I think it's a very solid effort.

Winter In Praque is still my fav project from Vince. The darkness on that production fit the tone of his lyrics perfectly. Every song he made with Uzowuru was like that and they were all great.

I still think Shyne Coldchain 2, Stolen Youth & even Hell Can Wait are better intro projects to listen to than this. I think this album paints a different picture of Vince than the rest of his body of work does. Its still cool tho. Just wished it lived up to the expectations I held it to

I just wish it wasnt a double disk and it would have been better. We didnt need this...

Back
Top Bottom