Vinyl Collection Thread... vol. crate diggers welcome

anyone else on here collect vinyls? Found a record store near my work and im just starting to really get into crate digging. I mostly stick with artists I know or by the look of the cover. Just wondering who else collects vinyls and what are some of the rare or most favorite ones you own. It would be nice to be pointed in the direction of some good vinyls. Feel free to post pics

Originally Posted by PLVN

In before Thriller...

laugh.gif
 funny you say that cause i found a copy for $10 today

i collect vinyls. i own a rega p1 record player at the moment.

i mainly dabble in jazz artists. i have some albums from ella fitzgerald, biliie holiday, julie london, sarah vaughan, dinah washington, and lucy ann polk.

haven't dug through crates in awhile though, been so busy with other stuff recently.

I recently put 98% of my collection in storage.

Now I only have like 50 pieces laying around which is stuff that I just want to sell...mostly pop/psych stuff.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

I paid 20 in 07
embarassed.gif

I mean it IS an absolute must have, but it's also one of the best selling albums of all time.

This means it can be found in almost any dollar bin.

still dj on vinyl  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  will take some pics in the AM, lots of hot dance records are on vinyl only these days.... clone records, phonica, redeyerecords are some cool sites

I'll probably post some stuff later, but I can't be the only person that will buy multiple copies of albums just because you love them so...right?

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

I'll probably post some stuff later, but I can't be the only person that will buy multiple copies of albums just because you love them so...right?

Thriller x3!

Originally Posted by PLVN

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

I paid 20 in 07
embarassed.gif

I mean it IS an absolute must have, but it's also one of the best selling albums of all time.

This means it can be found in almost any dollar bin.

This man knows. I've found about 4 copies of that album at ONCE in the dollar bin section. I tried to explain to people that this is an album that's EASILY found (in some thread an NTer made about his copy getting messed up) and had a bunch of fools try to explain that it wasn't
laugh.gif
Thanks for making this thread OP. I thought about doing this,but thought that nobody would really appreciate it. After I get off work... IT'S ON!

I got just over or just under 200 records. I'm very selective on what I buy. I should go "deep" crate diggin' but having a family now, I can't justify spending whole days crate diggin'. Share this with my man Ruxxx a few days back, check out this cool vid...

One of the few musical dudes out there now I really have respect & admiration for. I saw this vid a few months back. I wish they spent more time going through his vinyl collection....

Dilla's record collection is for sale. I can't imagine the gems & treasures he has. Suprised his brother doesn't keep it or someone close to him purchasing it... Link to Pitchfork.com post here & story below.

J Dilla's Record Collection For Sale at Detroit-Area Record Store
Thousands of records from abandoned storage unit
By Evan Minskeron April 25, 2012 at 10:33 p.m.

If you want to own a record that once belonged to J Dilla and you live near Detroit, here's your chance. The Detroit News reports (via the Daily Swarm) that Royal Oak record store UHF has between 7,000-8,000 records that they believe belonged to Dilla. The collection is on sale at the store now.

According to the Detroit News, UHF's Jeff Bubeck got the collection from an abandoned storage unit in Clinton Township. Included in the collection were "mountains of 94-cent Earth, Wind & Fire LPs," but also lyric booklets, junk mail addressed to James Yancey, and cassette tapes labeled "Jaydee Beats." The store released the first batch of the collection on Record Store Day.

Bubeck intends to share some of the proceeds with the J Dilla Foundation, but his attempts to contact the foundation and Dilla's mother, Maureen Yancey, have been unsuccessful so far. Dilla was a notorious record collector, as illustrated by ?uestlove's heartbreaking "5-10-15-20" story about his prized Brazilian Stevie Wonder EP.

^ Thats
eek.gif

The only vinyls I have are of some of my favorite albums that are on my wall. Those vids posted back are
smokin.gif

Anyone ever find a record & get so excited you just want to tell the dude next to you (even though you don't know him) how happy you are that you found what you found?

I need recommendations on storage bins that have lids. Not the super big ones... just a clear small one for probably 100-150 records

Back
Top Bottom