Virtual Stock Trading Game - Niketalk competition

Who is interested?  Seemed like a lot of people were based on the PM requests through that other thread.
Anyway - I grew tired of waiting and had enough time to set one up.

The link iswww.marketwatch.com/game/niketalk-2011

Terms: Game STARTS on Monday August 22nd and will run through the close of the market on December 30, 2011.  

Each investor/trader will begin with $25,000 (a somewhat realistic figure).  Margin is set up for those who want additional risk (8%).  Commission set at $10 because for the use of options you can't do variable pricing.  $10 is fair.

PM me for the password as I'd like the game to be amongst those who actually want to learn and participate. 

Questions, this thread or the other one will work.

Edit - My bad, I thought this game included trading options.  It appears not.  Apologies on that.  However, you can still "sell short" so it's a good beginners game as most of you wouldn't qualify to trade options when you open a brokerage account unless you blatantly lied.

Could be
pimp.gif

For those of you who couldn't locate the game, it should be up now.

Let me know if you're running into problems still.

PMs responded to.

PS Portfolios for each have been kept private.

I did this for my finance class and in 2 months (with 100k to start) i made 25k profit which exempted me from the final...I wish i had real money
tired.gif

BUT, you have to add the rule of "no insider trading". I havent did it on this site but on the one we used we could see what each other member was doing

You should get disqualified for mirroring someone elses trades

Portfolios are kept private for a similar reason.

I.E. - you can't see what I'm holding that's making/losing money.

I'll hop in...

word of caution, I get spammed like crazy from these guys... I signed up a few years ago for a class and I came out winning
pimp.gif

All PMs responded to.

Remember, Markets open tomorrow 6:30am PST/9:30am EST. You can begin trading then.

Is it too late? I was on the fence about joining last time in your other thread, but now I'm really interested. PM sent yo, and props for setting this up.

Back
Top Bottom