Virtual Stock Trading Game - Niketalk competition

I didn't lock the game, therefore people who stumble across this later may still join.

Obviously you'll learn more during a longer duration which is why the game ends on 12/30.

So far 17 players have joined and I've responded to every PM I've received to date.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

A quick school me on how this works?

it works off the real stock market so you can look up real companies and invest the fake money as you would with your real money. And I've already placed my orders see you guys at the end of the year
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

PM'd the rest of you.

A quick overview:

The game is free. Everyone who joined prior to market opening tomorrow morning begins with $25k. You can buy stocks to hold, day trade, sell short etc. The goal is to learn and test approaches without subjecting yourself to losing real money.

This DOES take emotions out of it, obviously.

There are unfortunately no Stock Options trading. I thought there were but I cant find it as a possibility.

Ive incorporated some basic features you'd see if you opened a brokerage account. Your investing/trading activity is subject to a coliseum of $10.00 (not real) and buying on margin subjects you to interest rates (not real). This is so you gain an understanding of dollars in and dollars out. Use leverage (margin) is common place. You can lose a lot of money fast though or risk the selling of your securities before you want to by way of margin calls.

Each persons portfolio is private so people cant jock you for trades unless you want to post them.

Game ends at market close on 12/30. Solely for bragging rights.

Good luck!

I hope everybody stay active this could be
pimp.gif
hopfully at the end of the year everybody can get there meth on and write a nice post up on the approach they tested and what they learned from it to help others out.

I'm leaving for work shortly. All PMs responded to, as I checked last 30 players in it.

Questions? Feel free to post in here or the forum on the game.

Back
Top Bottom