Virtual Stock Trading Game - Niketalk competition

Had no power yesterday due to Irene, went to 5 different Starbucks and all were packed but I'm at school now.
Gotta do some work

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Originally Posted by 2morrowbegins2day

Originally Posted by KidJoke

It's like they don't even read the thread, the OP, or the OPs post right above his.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
'

I haven't made any moves since I bought my first stocks to start the game. I'm in 26th up like $1200 or something. What's a good method for finding stocks that you can day trade or hold on to for a few days and move for quicker profits? To win this that's definitely what you have to do. Buy and hold won't win this. 
Watch Baidu, Amazon, Tiffany, JP Morgan and a couple of other stocks that fluctuate a few dollars each day. Don't get in on any of them now (except Tiffany if you're willing to hold a little) since they're approaching their peaks and we're probably due for another little pullback.

pays to be on nt for a while...i guessed the pw lol. @*%# all yal who didn't pm me. time to make some $ and be depressed it ain't real lol

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Hustler can quit now and win
sup duke?  i can't quit now. it's just a simulation, though i'm still risk adverse. trying to flip the monopoly bucks into beaucoup bucks.  i used to trade for a living many moons ago.  now i'm looking for work. 
nerd.gif

but on the real, i have one position.  and it's not any of the stocks mentioned thus far. i wish the profits were real.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

It's like they don't even read the thread, the OP, or the OPs post right above his.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
'

I haven't made any moves since I bought my first stocks to start the game. I'm in 26th up like $1200 or something. What's a good method for finding stocks that you can day trade or hold on to for a few days and move for quicker profits? To win this that's definitely what you have to do. Buy and hold won't win this. 
Watch Baidu, Amazon, Tiffany, JP Morgan and a couple of other stocks that fluctuate a few dollars each day. Don't get in on any of them now (except Tiffany if you're willing to hold a little) since they're approaching their peaks and we're probably due for another little pullback.

any other chinese companies besides Baidu that you are watching/following?

I've been messing around a little bit with YOKU and JASO.  I wish I had gone in on JASO when they were near the 3.20 mark.  Looking to get back in if it dips again and hold for the long term.

only 2 trades damn.

I was right about shorting this real estate trust... just did it too soon, have to wait longer.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
'

any other chinese companies besides Baidu that you are watching/following?

I've been messing around a little bit with YOKU and JASO.  I wish I had gone in on JASO when they were near the 3.20 mark.  Looking to get back in if it dips again and hold for the long term.

I've been in Renn for a while, waiting for them to get back to around 10 where they were a month or so ago when I shoulda took profits; they're a pretty decent company. I like Dang as well, but not where it is right now. If it falls down to around 6 I'd get in and hold for a couple of bucks. China's been in a bit of a rut lately so I'd be careful with them. Kinda wish I got in on Yoku when it dipped to 20.

my ovti holding is so in the red I cant even read the text
30t6p3b.gif

Got in on it yesterday, if it falls under 18 (preferably 17.50 and lower), I'd buy some more to help you drive that red price down a bit. Still a solid stock that should get to 25 once the Apple speculation ceases. 

Originally Posted by Noodles

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Hustler can quit now and win
sup duke?  i can't quit now. it's just a simulation, though i'm still risk adverse. trying to flip the monopoly bucks into beaucoup bucks.  i used to trade for a living many moons ago.  now i'm looking for work. 
nerd.gif

but on the real, i have one position.  and it's not any of the stocks mentioned thus far. i wish the profits were real.
laugh.gif

man u got some insider trading going on 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KidJoke

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
'

i feel like a @%%$!$% right now 
embarassed.gif
roll.gif

If anyone is into Biotechs in real life I suggest taking a look at Apricus ( Nasdaq: Apri). It recieved its 3rd FDA approved OTC drug in the last 10 days.It has a low float of only 20 million. I have 10 thousand shares of it in real life and I think it might be a 10 bagger. Just something to look into. The important thing about this company inst so much the drugs approved, its the technology. The technology it uses has been approved by the FDA, Health Canada and soon to be The Swiss and Euro equivalent.  Thats why all these fda approvals are coming so fast

seller's remorse.  never should have left the balance scale for the triple beam and digital scale.  
sick.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

46 trades?! Son is trying to climb out but digging his grave.
He's trying to bail water from his boat, but it has too many big holes. On some Wile E. Coyote chit.  
laugh.gif

well compays, you can never go broke taking profits, but you can go broke when you don't cut your losses, i shall be in the bottom percentile of the rankings shortly. titanic status, the glacier has won.

Back
Top Bottom