Visually Blessing Your Food (While Eating In Public)

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just know I see dudes I personally know that don't give a damn about blessing their food, but the minute they are eating in public or around elders they all of a sudden bow their heads and close their eyes. It is funny to me.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 I know alot of people that do that.

I bless my food no matter where im at.

Originally Posted by oidreez

You're trying to say that people purposefully bless their food in public because others are watching?
I know I have seen people do it simply because others are watching.

Unless you're psychic, I don't see how you could possibly know this^^^
Also, I pray before eating my meals (most of the time, like 90% of the time).

Today I actually did bless my food (my lunch) in public ..loud blessing..never blessed it before..

the reason is because I was with this chick that does it on the regular..

I did blessed my food because she was with me.but I was sincere with my blessings..

I use to feel odd doing it in public, but I grew up and now I embrace my blessings each and every time before a meal anywhere.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Whenever I have a really great meal in front of me, I clap my hands two times and then point at the plate like, "ha ha, BWOY!"

That's my way of blessing it.

smokin.gif

don't matter where i am at or what kind of meal i am eating...

i've blessed my food in jail and at a 4 diamond restaurant...

Originally Posted by bogusreality

don't matter where i am at or what kind of meal i am eating...

i've blessed my food in jail and at a 4 diamond restaurant...
that should be a quote in a movie
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I do this sometimes. Not as a religious thing though... more along the lines of getting "in the zone" and ready to eat. My girl saw me do it one time a long time ago and thought I was saying grace.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

Originally Posted by oidreez

You're trying to say that people purposefully bless their food in public because others are watching?
I know I have seen people do it simply because others are watching.

Unless you're psychic, I don't see how you could possibly know this^^^
Also, I pray before eating my meals (most of the time, like 90% of the time).

Maybe because I know the person and know their pre-meal adjustments. If I only see them doing it when a female is around can't I safely assume it is because of the crowd?

I agree. If you are sitting by yourself, why do you have to go through all the head bowed, eyed closed, hands together, pageantry and the cross your heart thing? Couldn't you just think your prayer to yourself since only you and God need to know, and in fact he is omnipotent so he knows anyways. When I used to believe, I was a lazy prayer anyways. I used to pray in the car while driving and listening to music, didn't matter. I just had to think a prayer in my head, Jesus knew what was up, multitasking ftw. If I really wanted to get through though, sometimes I'd stop and concentrate on the prayer more and come off more sacrifical in stopping everything I am doing, but again, allegedly being omnipotent on his part makes all that unnecessary.

Its as if god, who supposedly knows and sees everything, needs to HEAR you verbally affirm things, and physically WATCH you perform ritualistic patterns with your hands.

Its the modern day rain-dance.

Its all for show. It relates to other people that you're "religious"

Originally Posted by vezon

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by WaitWut

i saw a few black kids at taco bell late night blessing their food
highly doubt it was for show
Probably praying that they don't get diarrhea.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thats real talk though. This nurse at the hospital said majority of stomach and digestive problems in his er come from ppl eating taco bell. Since they use meat "alternative" products.

"Bismillah" is all I have to say...

Makes me no difference where I am

So taco bell alternative meat gives stomach problems I thought it was because of the various sauces.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This thread is going to be derailed by the usual suspects, DC. It's only a matter of time
laugh.gif

Why is there pressure for folks to bless their food in public? Is it a matter of people giving them a stink eye, or a matter of them being self-conscious? If it's the latter, they should just "do them." This is the era of dudes in jeggins, maryln monroe piercings, folks having no decorum, etc. and no one gives it a second thought...u think anyone is going to bat an eye over them blessing their food? Nah.
I just know I see dudes I personally know that don't give a damn about blessing their food, but the minute they are eating in public or around elders they all of a sudden bow their heads and close their eyes. It is funny to me.
laugh.gif

I got a question though... if it bothers you so much why dont you just call them out on it? and even better question, if they are that type of fake person why do you associate with them?

Back
Top Bottom