• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Case closed then. I was sort of worried that a 7" screen would be too small to draw on, but I've drawn on napkins smaller than that. I don't count on sears ever getting nexus 10's in stock probably ever, so I'll give the 7 a run. Thanks folks!

The devs at XDA just remapped the LGOG's positions to the Nexus 4's so that it can run all of their ROMs. If you're on AT&T or Sprint I would highly consider buying an Optimus G, the phone is a straight beast which doesn't get the recognition it deserves because LG has bad marketing.

bought the galaxy 2 tab but its going back for the note after toying with that for a few mins.. it pisses all over the g2 tablet

Well I sent the GNex off to get the screen replaced (burn-in issues) and I've been on dumbphone for a week. Couldn't take it anymore so I broke down & copped the N7. I'll give it a whirl for the next week but I'm 50/50 if I'm keeping it. For me:

Pros:
Much better browsing/consumption experience
Ultra lightweight for its size, way lighter than the kids' Kindles
Unlimited data on my phone so no qualms about WiFi only
Seamless integration with my Google account.

Cons:
Really don't think I needed to drop the $250 since my phone is already outstanding outside of the camera.
With the focus shifting to the cloud I don't even know how I'll fill up the full 32 GB.
Light =/= cheap. I have some light bleed on the edges but I wonder if it's in my head because I already knew about the issue.

If I come across that $200 web-only deal on the Note 2 again it's a wrap though; bye bye to Both Nexii

Last edited:
The devs at XDA just remapped the LGOG's positions to the Nexus 4's so that it can run all of their ROMs. If you're on AT&T or Sprint I would highly consider buying an Optimus G, the phone is a straight beast which doesn't get the recognition it deserves because LG has bad marketing.

it still has problems but thats awesome. When they get it 100% working i might pick up an OG.

Edit:
Now that i have read the thread i'd advise you stay away. Dont think anyone has even been able to flash an N4 ROM. The Devs from codefire are even telling people to stay away :lol:

Last edited:
rooted my phone for the first time! Running paranoid android and the jellybean is smooth as butter.

Just a quick question though... if I want to try a different rom such as AOKP or MIUI, do I have to reinstall my phone to factory settings each time I try a new rom?

Thanks guys!

rooted my phone for the first time! Running paranoid android and the jellybean is smooth as butter.

Just a quick question though... if I want to try a different rom such as AOKP or MIUI, do I have to reinstall my phone to factory settings each time I try a new rom?

Thanks guys!
Yeah wipe your phone everytime before flashing a new ROM. Make sure you make backups before wiping.

My nexus 4 survived I thought it was done! The first time I took it out of the rice the earphone and mic wouldn't work.

Left it over night and crossed my fingers and now it works just fine.

Rooted my nexus 7 and couldn't be happier blows stock out the water. Its smooth like its supposed to be.

Question -- what off-contract phone would you recommend for ~$300-400? Ideally of course it would be the Nexus 4. But given the lack of supply, what would be the next best option?

Last edited:
the facebook website hasnt been working on my evo for the past couple weeks. like the site look fine, but cant see messages, or comments. anybody else experience this? was always just fine, just started acting up recently. I use the full site option on the phone.

about my phone....

1st gen evo 4g.

running android 2.3.3

browser version webkit/533.1

Last edited:
any bugs? :nerd:

Nothing that I've notice yet, I'm running Motley kernel with it... I've been setting/customizing it for the past few hours and haven't came across any problems... Its pretty snappy with no force closes... Battery seems pretty good so far as well I'm at 73% 9 hours and 1.5 hours screen on time

any bugs? :nerd:

Nothing that I've notice yet, I'm running Motley kernel with it... I've been setting/customizing it for the past few hours and haven't came across any problems... Its pretty snappy with no force closes... Battery seems pretty good so far as well I'm at 73% 9 hours and 1.5 hours screen on time

thank you sir
might finally get around to updating from 4.1

It is so wiid to think that there are phones still on Froyo & GB. No wonder people want iPhones when their upgrade comes around.

Last edited:
^ lol, good point. that's why i'll only get a flagship/well-supported device. and that's why i'm tired of every manufacturer and his momma trying to make a phone -- samsung, lg, sony, motorola, htc... am i missing any? it's ridiculous and unnecessary. the only differences between these phones are the trash software/bloatware/launcher that they put on, which is the exact same stuff you instantly want to get rid of.

may a single nexus come to rule us all.

/rant

^ lol, good point. that's why i'll only get a flagship/well-supported device. and that's why i'm tired of every manufacturer and his momma trying to make a phone -- samsung, lg, sony, motorola, htc... am i missing any? it's ridiculous and unnecessary. the only differences between these phones are the trash software/bloatware/launcher that they put on, which is the exact same stuff you instantly want to get rid of.

/rant
I dont know why they dont put all the bells and whistles into the nexus phones...........The camera app on AOSP is pure garbage. Its almost unbelievable that with all the advancements they have made that the camera app still looks/feels/runs the same as the damn G1, or Nexus 1. Unbelievable.

Hopefully the Motorola purchase will change all that in the near future................They cant possibly continue like this.

/rant
I dont know why they dont put all the bells and whistles into the nexus phones...........The camera app on AOSP is pure garbage. Its almost unbelievable that with all the advancements they have made that the camera app still looks/feels/runs the same as the damn G1, or Nexus 1. Unbelievable.

Hopefully the Motorola purchase will change all that in the near future................They cant possibly continue like this.

Agreed. They must be doing this on purpose. The Nexus phone is handicapped and sold in limited quantities so that all the other manufacturers will stay happy and so that the networks can still sell phones on contract. I bet you Apple themselves is paying off Android manufacturers to keep doing this.

Back
Top Bottom