• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[COLOR=#red]There's a notable difference between 720p and 1080p on a small screen...........if you are using a magnifying glass.

If you did a blind test with a 720p and 1080p television set under 32" you can barely tell the difference.

Don't worry though...4k resolution devices will be coming down the pipeline soon enough and then all of a sudden people will swear that 1080p was so unusable. [/COLOR]

I have a note 2 and the first time i tinkered with an htc one i immediately saw the difference in clarity. It may not be noticeable to everyone but I surely see the difference. Just like some people think beats by dre don't sound any different and the sound snobs think otherwise.

I have a note 2 and the first time i tinkered with an htc one i immediately saw the difference in clarity. It may not be noticeable to everyone but I surely see the difference. Just like some people think beats by dre don't sound any different and the sound snobs think otherwise.

[COLOR=#red]Well of course...you went from a bigger screen with lower resolution to a smaller screen with more resolution. With both things being the same the difference in minimal at best...they keyword being minimal. That's why a double blind test works sogreat...information can cause bias...meaning once a person knows certain specs their perception can be biased. [/COLOR]

Que? When you're talking points per inch screen size is irrelevant. I could be shown a one inch square of the same picture on both screens and I'll be able to tell the difference. It's not a big deal to me so I'm fine with 720.

Last edited:

[COLOR=#red]Well of course...you went from a bigger screen with lower resolution to a smaller screen with more resolution. With both things being the same the difference in minimal at best...they keyword being minimal. That's why a double blind test works sogreat...information can cause bias...meaning once a person knows certain specs their perception can be biased. [/COLOR]

so what your saying is, consider the specs, but weigh you personal experience/opinion of a phone more? i think that's what matters at the end of the day.

unrelated.. this G2 looks like a GS4 refresh. its w.e to me. i think id still take x over this. looks nice tho.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greatbytes.activenotifications

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.prometheusinteractive.twisty_launcher

MOTO X LIKE FUNCTION ON ALMOST ANY ANDROID DEVICES NOW 
pimp.gif

That's just too much motion imo :lol: there comes a point where it's just more convenient to press a button. Gonna have people looking like they're dancing with glow sticks at a rave.

Last edited:
sometimes i hate having the best phone. people will just pick up my htc one and start using it and going thru my ish like dam this is a nice phone.:smh:

Oh 4.3 on my GS3 is LIVE!

it's fast, battery life is amazing and I can use emoji throughout the entire system.

My girl owns a Evo 4G LTE which is basically the same panel the one uses just its 720p and I'll be the first to tell you the 1080p does make a difference . The Ones display is just better in every way imaginable . Better colors , sharper text , brighter , etc . I do somehow wonder is it worth it ? Because I know for a fact the battery life would be even better pushing less pixels with this good of a processor . I wouldn't mind if flagships stayed at 720p and we continued to improve and innovate battery tech .

got 4.3 on my galaxy nexus. loving it.

will there be a new nexus this year? and will it skip verizon like the nexus 4 did? any rumors?

Last edited:
Anyone having issues with their Galaxy S4 and crackling sound when playing music?

I tried the stock headphones and music sounds fine, but when I try any other pair of headphones I get very low sound and it starts to crackle when turned up.

I read online that its a common issue with the S4 but found no fix for it.

Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom