• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EDIT: Can anyone give me some insight into the Nexus 5's camera performance since the update? I've been meaning to ask about this for a minute. I'm debated whether or not I'm going to move from my N4 to the 5, or if I'm just going to go iPhone 5S. I'd really like to step up the camera performance for my next phone.
It's average. Wouldn't use it if I was trying to take great pics. HDR+ is a nice features though. Google had to cut corners to get to that price point so I think the battery and camera took the biggest hit. I'm not really a picture person so that doesnt really bother me. Top notch processor, screen and pure Android is why I got it

There should be a option to hide your front touch buttons in any app and the home screen in the display settings.
Enable Expanded Desktop. Its pretty much the same thing as Immersive mode.

EDIT: Can anyone give me some insight into the Nexus 5's camera performance since the update? I've been meaning to ask about this for a minute. I'm debated whether or not I'm going to move from my N4 to the 5, or if I'm just going to go iPhone 5S. I'd really like to step up the camera performance for my next phone.

If you're in the the market for a better camera, don't get a Nexus 5. Forget Android. Don't even get an iPhone. Get a Nokia device. The 1520 looks like it's a solid piece of work.

The Nexus 5 will never be a device to get for the camera. The software changes help a little...but its not going to make a difference against a device that actually puts an emphasis on the camera.

If you wanna stick with Android, go for the HTC One+ or something. Maybe the 5s, but i imagine by now the camera between the One+ and 5s is negligible. If you want camera improvements, the Nexus 5 is NOT the phone for you.

Last edited:
I agree about the n5 camera. I don't really use it so for me its fine but for people who use their phones to take pics its not the best

I was on the fence about smart watches.. but seeing the Moto 360 and Android Wear.. that **** is beautiful

And I finally tried Plex for Chromecast... it worked flawlessly. Only downside is my desktop with all my media on it is old as hell and loud :lol: So I have to contend with some extra noise since it's in my living room.

Last edited:
I really wish PA would've enhanced Halo more... Its clutch opening up messages while browsing, checking mail etc

Now I switch task, **** gets so annoying :smh:

I like roms that stay close to stock but with the added essential features. Think imma have to give PA another go though.

yeah yeah Benny Hinn Benny Hinn

Thanks, fellas. I'm having a really difficult time with the idea of moving over to iOS, as I've been in love with stock Android ever since I bought my Nexus 7 in 2012.

WP8 isn't even an option, despite the fact that Nokia's hardware is beast as far as optics are concerned. I just would like something close to the iPhone 5S as possible, as there's a definite difference in the image quality between that and a lot of the Android handsets at are on the market (See: http://instagram.com/jameswxtts for examples that I've taken with my Nexus 4).

I'm also debating just copping the Nexus 5 and picking up really good compact camera (see: Sony RX1 or similar) to keep on me for important outings. Apps like Sony's Playmobile create an adhoc connection between your camera and phone, so the pictures jump to a folder on your device for sharing without any extra work.

SIGH. Technology. Lol.

Edit: Any truth to this, though? - http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/5/5175568/fixing-the-nexus-5-android-4-4-1-improves-camera

Last edited:
I really wish PA would've enhanced Halo more... Its clutch opening up messages while browsing, checking mail etc

Now I switch task, **** gets so annoying :smh:

I really liked Halo as well, but I guess we're in the minority.

Same here. However, PA scrapped Halo for a new feature they're writing called Hover. It is supposed to take over Halo. Same concept, different way to do it. Hope Hover wasn't just a code name for Peek though, I have no use for Peek.

Thanks but I meant one for my phone. I just want something to cover my *** for torrents. None of the ones in they play store work worth a damn. I'd pay for one that actually works.

Last edited:
Thanks but I meant one for my phone. I just want something to cover my *** for torrents. None of the ones in they play store work worth a damn. I'd pay for one that actually works.
It is for your phone as well. i have it on my phone also and I  have used torrents with it. I just tested it

Last edited:
oppofind7aam.jpg

oppofind7off.jpg

lawd

Back
Top Bottom