• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sound search is what Google Now uses when you search for a song by playing it to your phone. There's also an app that is now included. It syncs each search you do with your Google account. On my phone, at least, the sync is always failing, so I turned off sound search sync. Not sure, but that may be causing the battery drain.

relevant link:

Last edited:
So I used to plug my phone into my TV via USB and it would read it like a flash drive and I could just pick whatever file I wanted to play. Now with my nexus 5 it doesn't pop up on my TV saying a device is connected. I have the media transfer box checked in storage but my TV won't recognize it. Do I have to get a slimport and mirror it or is there another option?

Settings > Storage > Hit settings button and choose USB Computer Connection.

Should be on this screen:

Then uncheck both boxes. Should work.

If that doesn't help, try turning off USB Debugging in developer options.

Need to switch out my ROM...I've become lazy and flash like once a month now.

Phone running slow, battery dying quick and **** :lol:

just got my N5 yesterday,coming from an S2(yeah i'm picky) love it, but instantly became overwhelmed with the new features and wanted to flash a rom(only rooted it so far)but even with ROM selection that was too much. I'll probably go back further in this thread to read what people have to say and gather intel.

sound search is what Google Now uses when you search for a song by playing it to your phone. There's also an app that is now included. It syncs each search you do with your Google account. On my phone, at least, the sync is always failing, so I turned off sound search sync. Not sure, but that may be causing the battery drain.

relevant link:

I dont have a syncs menu on my phone. Weird

This was why I changed roms.

The mm camera thing that's on your screen was taking up more battery than anything. Don't know what it was but figured changing roms would help.

Do a reboot. It'll go away. Google is working on a fix right now

I'm stock with xposed and i like it better than having a custom rom

The fluidness of stock with gravity box feels great. Cm11 was cool and everything but this way it's more stable

Yeah. That didn't work. I searched Google all night last night and found nothing but people saying use slim port. I wonder if it isn't possible with the nexus 5. I can buy a slimport I need to order a case anyway.

relevant link:

Strange. Are you running kitkat? It should be under settings -> accounts / google -> then click on your account and all your google apps that are being synced should show up.

Another option (if you have kitkat) is to use privacy guard to try to limit what sound search does, or just uninstall it completely.

relevant link:

Strange. Are you running kitkat? It should be under settings -> accounts / google -> then click on your account and all your google apps that are being synced should show up.

Another option (if you have kitkat) is to use privacy guard to try to limit what sound search does, or just uninstall it completely.
Found it. Thanks.

Will rep once I get more reps

Last edited:

that part about being able to use lte and wifi at the same damb time for downloads 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
thats stupid.. Who will need that? my tmobile lte get 20 mbps per second that is way more then enough bandwidth and my wifi is 50 mbps

My Z Ultra fell in water. Waterproof my ***. So now I'm searching for a phone. Any recommendations ?

Same thing happened to my Z
I took it swimming and it was working fine underwater until I let someone else use it. It came back with the screen slowing fading away until it died :smh:

Currently with a Blackberry 9900 but I'm looking to join the Android crew again once the Z2 drops.

How was the Z ultra, that phone was OD large, didn't think anyone would buy it.

Any word on the Galaxy Note 4? I think I am going to switch back to Andriod from Iphone.. Don't get me wrong, I love my Iphone 5, but I really hate how limited that phone is and the fact that the phone seems to be cliche. Are Galaxy Notes good phones? I think that's going to be my upgrade..

just got my N5 yesterday,coming from an S2(yeah i'm picky) love it, but instantly became overwhelmed with the new features and wanted to flash a rom(only rooted it so far)but even with ROM selection that was too much. I'll probably go back further in this thread to read what people have to say and gather intel.
checkout liquidsmooth rom

it has active notifications, lockscreen notifications, pie buttons, and most mods built in

Yeah. That didn't work. I searched Google all night last night and found nothing but people saying use slim port. I wonder if it isn't possible with the nexus 5. I can buy a slimport I need to order a case anyway.

Damb. Oh well.

Enjoy that case, playa. :lol:

And be careful outchea tonight. Already saw a couple cats decked out in green slip and fall on the ice in St. Paul :rofl:

Last edited:
heads up with android if you close a app it still run in the background. kind of screwed upI know you can stop the app in app manager but who wants to do thatI looking for other solutions

Back
Top Bottom