• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there a way to mirror videos on a g3 without chromecast?

I use to mirror movies to my Xbox one all the time on my s4 and it'll be very disappointing if the g3 can't do that
 You can do it. G3 should have DLNA.. Xbox have DLNA as well I did it with my g2

I will be returning my G3 and waiting on the i6. I have been enjoying it overall but it is not what I expected. It will definately benefit from a couple of updates but as of now the performance is not up to par for me personally. And as far as the cameta goes, the 5s still had an all around better camera than the G3

For anyone on the fence, it is my opinion to wait it out. See what's good with the i6,N4,and N6

That is what I don't understand.

Android phones are so different from iPhones that I would never even think about using one as my DD.

There is nothing wrong with iPhones it's just too simple for me.

I literally help people with problems on their iPhones without even ever having owned one.

Apple makes things very basic. I just couldn't live like that.

Every iPhone is the same. My Android phone is as unique to me as my fingerprint.

Yeah I have. And I have been using the hell out of it. It is an amazing phone overall but not up to my needs. That is all I am really saying.

That statement was bold an I take it back. There are definately things this phone does better but overall not to my personal needs. Wanna make that clear before people start buggin out

For some people Android just isn't right. That's a fact. Like my father couldn't use a G3 to its full potential. Most people can't. But I'm sure those who can will love it. It's a spec monster and after root and some nice roms start dropping it's over.

Yes a phone should be able to do what you want right out if the box but for many people that's not good enough. (I. E. The plethora of user development)

I am so made right now I went to the Mayweather press conference and my phone came around that time so now I have to wait until tomorrow for it.

If you don't like it you don't like it. No need to defend yourself. Coming from ios is a big jump. No one should get upset with you over that. It's YOUR opinion.

:smokin

I'm kinda confused here, I mean, I want to like the G3, just not the UI and the overall software just seems 'dated'. Feels like ICS and not KitKat. Anyways, I know what I'm getting into when it comes to iOS 8 and to be honest, I'm not fan of the OS either, so I feel like I'm just waiting on hardware, but I'm not expecting anything amazing either, I mean upgraded Touch ID? Meh. Better camera and screen? Obviously. I wonder if Apple will throw a SERIOUS update to iOS 8, because right now, it's weak IMO.

I'm kinda confused here, I mean, I want to like the G3, just not the UI and the overall software just seems 'dated'. Feels like ICS and not KitKat. Anyways, I know what I'm getting into when it comes to iOS 8 and to be honest, I'm not fan of the OS either, so I feel like I'm just waiting on hardware, but I'm not expecting anything amazing either, I mean upgraded Touch ID? Meh. Better camera and screen? Obviously. I wonder if Apple will throw a SERIOUS update to iOS 8, because right now, it's weak IMO.

Premium Nexus device will answer many prayers

As for the iPhone, it might be the most reliable and consistent thing out there. You are right, you know what you are getting with it. At least you know you can for sure commit to 2 years with it and be straight. We all know that it will never have the best specs though. Ever :lol:

Like I said I like the G3. There is no doubt about that.

I just got an N5 last Tuesday. While I love the device, certain things kind of tick me off. While I've been using it for 6 days now, I'm debating sending it back and keeping the 5S. Not being able to send gifs sucks as I send a lot. 25mb for gmail and 5mb for hotmail allowance to send files through email is blah. I know apple shrinks it for you but still. I like the phone a lot but I feel I have to find workarounds to what I'm use to doing. Not a bad thing but more of "if it's worth it" type of thing. iMessage is definitely a feature you get use to quick. Hangouts is my workaround for now. While screen is great....certain angles give off that washed out appeal.

Love the wireless charging (can even charge with my case on) installed nils for notifications on the lock screen. Google now is amazing. Love it. Google music is awesome especially with full screen on lockscreen. I would have to chalk this up as too attached to the apple ecosystem and comfortable within it.

NT, need help folk..

I have a nexus 5, I havent rooted it or changed anything.

anyways, I accidentally deleted a text message thread that I had to myself. Instead of using a notepad, I would just keep a running text instead.. I know...but I was having problems with my notepad missing notes, so I went this route a few months back...

not smart, but efficient, and I kept a bunch of stuff in that text thread.

anyways, is there any realistic way for me to recover those texts?
I see a few "recovery" programs that claim they do it, but state I have to root my nexus first. I've never rooted a phone but tried last night and I couldnt get the rooting software to recognize my phone once I plugged it into the computer. I enabled usb scrambling, or whatever its called, but nothing.

I'm at work now, just looking for advice on the best route, if there is one, that I can take when I get home.

thanks ya'll! :nerd:

Really disappointed with every ones opinions on the G3

[COLOR=#red]I honestly think peeps are suffering from phone fatigue. Jumping around from phone to phone expecting a revolutionary experience when in reality phones haven't had too many MAJOR changes in the last few years. Screen size has hit the limits, displays are getting higher resolutions but honestly it's not all that much different and after awhile the human eye can barely tell anyway. Processors are getting more powerful and efficient, but it's not that critical with the average things we do on our phones anyway. The cameras for the most part are almost as good as dedicated point and shoots, but even with more megapixels the sensors in these ultra thin phones have their limits. The last major frontier for smartphones to evolve is battery technology.

TL;DR...as long as we jump from phone to phone so quickly we'll only see small evolutionary changes which can become frustrating.[/COLOR]

I don't understand the disappointment in the G3 either. I've only been using it a week but it's definitely solid. Have you guys rooted yet? I'm running Xposed and G3 Tweakbox. Tweakbox adds a lot!

I was set on getting the g3 but now I don't know. Might try to luck out and get a one plus invite. I just know I gotta get rid of this G Flex.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]I honestly think peeps are suffering from phone fatigue. Jumping around from phone to phone expecting a revolutionary experience when in reality phones haven't had too many MAJOR changes in the last few years. Screen size has hit the limits, displays are getting higher resolutions but honestly it's not all that much different and after awhile the human eye can barely tell anyway. Processors are getting more powerful and efficient, but it's not that critical with the average things we do on our phones anyway. The cameras for the most part are almost as good as dedicated point and shoots, but even with more megapixels the sensors in these ultra thin phones have their limits. The last major frontier for smartphones to evolve is battery technology.

TL;DR...as long as we jump from phone to phone so quickly we'll only see small evolutionary changes which can become frustrating.[/COLOR]

I agree! I think we set our expectations way too high when it comes to new releases. Some of us are complaining about the UI and lag(minimal), but those things can be modified. The question is do you really want to go through the trouble doing it? Rooting phones is relatively simple these days, and I'm sure in the next few weeks, there will be different methods to choose from. Is that necessary, no, but it's good to have that option. We all knew the G3 wouldn't have TouchWiz, Sense, or Vanilla android, yet we wanted to see what the hype was. On paper, it's a beast of a phone. The camera, screen and design are far better than anything out right now IMO. I think it's whether we want to adjust to LG's UI or fall back to something more familiar? I'm willing to stick it out because at $49 for a "flagship" device, it's too good of a deal. I do however have one upgrade left, so being a former Note 2 user, I am looking forward to see what the Note 4 has in store. Until then, the G3 will keep me satisfied. We all want that so called "God Phone", but at the end of the day, it comes down to what each of us wants in a phone. And with so many different preferences, I think it's impossible for a company to nail that on one particular device.

Is there even a market for Nexus 5 anymore? I haven't used mines since November because Sammy gave me a Note 3 then HTC gave me an M8. I'd love to get rid of it.

Last edited:
I have a nexus 5.

is there any free recovery program that anybody can recommend? Looking for a deleted text thread.. What about to root the phone? I tried last night, just to root it and I could not get the software to recognize my phone once I plugged it into the computer. I enabled usb scrambling, or whatever its called, but nothing.

first time attempting to "root" a phone, I might add.

I'm at work now, just looking for advice on the best route, if there is one, that I can take when I get home.

thanks ya'll! :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom