Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 [h1]OnePlus One finally gets a pre-order system, live in October[/h1]
18 September, 2014 | Comments (22)  | Post your comment

Tags: AndroidOnePlus

The past few months have been a pretty mixed bag for OnePlus, the Chinese startup that's behind the One  - which it calls a "flagship killer". A series of mishaps, as well as its famous invite system, have led many to hold on purchasing the One. But if you have, you may reconsider starting next month.

See, it looks like the company finally heard the cries of would-be customers across the world, and it's set to introduce a new pre-order system "in late October".

gsmarena_001.jpg

Here's how the new system will work. OnePlus will hold limited time sales, during which anyone will be able to place an order for the OnePlus One. So far it sounds like Xiaomi's 'flash sale' model. The difference is that OnePlus won't limit the amount of orders that can happen during each window.

Obviously though, the number of readily available Ones will be limited, so those will immediately go out to people who ordered (presumably on a first come, first served basis). When the stock runs out, the remaining orders will be automagically transformed into pre-orders.

If you'll be in this situation, the company promises it will give you an approximation of when it expects to ship your order before you go through with the payment authorization (so you can easily back down if it feels like too much of a wait). Also, if you decided to go with the pre-order but change your mind before your handset has shipped, you'll be able to cancel easily.

Interestingly though, the invites will stick around. And they'll let you skip the wait. If you receive an invite while you're waiting for a pre-order to ship, you can apply it to skip the pre-order queue and have your One sent to you immediately.

Even more information will be made public about a week before the new system goes live.

Source

You get what you pay for. Not only in terms of product quality, but also customer service etc..
Yea, people love the price point so they'll deal with the yellowing screen, buggy OS, customer service which seems like it's two dudes running this outta their basement etc.

Shame really, they coulda made a splash and disrupt things a bit.  I was ready to buy when it initially released, and even got two invites throughout the summer.  But everything about that company is a joke.

Product was announced/released April/May, and nowwww theyre getting a preorder system in place which will probably get you a 2-4 month wait anyways lol.  Comeonmannnnnn.

Last edited:
Yeah it was a hassle getting an invite..but I'm happy with the device..not sure what is buggy about the os it seems fine to me..also the great battery life is what I love about the phone.

I think with time they'll work out the kinks if they can maintain the money necessary to release another phone, iron out qc issues, and hire more employees.

I'm having mad issues with lagging on my chromecast, audio skipping and everything.

I've tried rebooting. Factory reset. Everything. It was fine the other day and all of a sudden it stoppednworkong properly.

What are you casting?  From a third party app like local cast?  Or Youtube, Netflix, etc?

still cant deciede between the s5 and m8

[COLOR=#red]Get the M8, it's preferred by more NT'ers for sure. The S5 has Touchwhiz, it makes the phone unusable, and the S5 is loaded with gimmicks and bloatware. Like really who needs a water resistant phone? Who needs a heartrate sensor when you aint got a heart?Samesung is lame, get da M8 or G3 instead bro.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Get the M8, it's preferred by more NT'ers for sure. The S5 has Touchwhiz, it makes the phone unusable, and the S5 is loaded with gimmicks and bloatware. Like really who needs a water resistant phone? Who needs a heartrate sensor when you aint got a heart?Samesung is lame, get da M8 or G3 instead bro.[/COLOR]

No brainer, M8 or G3, personal preference is all that comes down to between both them phones. both got pros and cons. Samsungs like a kids toy imo.

Yea, people love the price point so they'll deal with the yellowing screen, buggy OS, customer service which seems like it's two dudes running this outta their basement etc.

Shame really, they coulda made a splash and disrupt things a bit.  I was ready to buy when it initially released, and even got two invites throughout the summer.  But everything about that company is a joke.

Product was announced/released April/May, and nowwww theyre getting a preorder system in place which will probably get you a 2-4 month wait anyways lol.  Comeonmannnnnn.

What's buggy about the os? I haven't had any problems.

No brainer, M8 or G3, personal preference is all that comes down to between both them phones. both got pros and cons. Samsungs like a kids toy imo.

[COLOR=#red]My post was sarcasm BTW. I guess kid toys are very popular. I think a lot of the cellphone manufacturers wish they could have such popular kids toys.[/COLOR]

I work for a carrier, I carry two phones at a time and I've carried every flagship device released in the last year.

I have no favorites when it comes to manufacturers because none of them are really better than the other.

It really is all preference.

I had a Note 3 as my personal and I loved it until kit kat.

After that every criticism about Samsung phones became true. Lag and battery life became horrible.

I have an m8 now and I love it. Just wish it had a bigger screen.

I don't mod or root but all android phones are one update from going down hill.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]My post was sarcasm BTW.[/COLOR]

Not this part

[COLOR=#red]The S5 has Touchwhiz, it makes the phone unusable, and the S5 is loaded with gimmicks and bloatware.[/COLOR]

Can't believe they didn't make a gpe gs5 :smh:

Stuck between a phone with poor quality control that you need to get on your knees to by, that turd from motorola, and the mythical nexus shamu that will probably be stuck with only 16/32GB and mediocre battery life in order to get a clean os. :smh:

I'm having mad issues with lagging on my chromecast, audio skipping and everything.

I've tried rebooting. Factory reset. Everything. It was fine the other day and all of a sudden it stoppednworkong properly.

Im having the same issues

I've been keeping it unplugged but one movie or show it'll work flawless and the next it'll skip, or have audio issues. The first couple months of owning it it was mint.

It's starting to piss me off

does android have a "find my iphone" app or something? what can i use to locate and lock my m8 if I left it at some place? tia

Im having the same issues

I've been keeping it unplugged but one movie or show it'll work flawless and the next it'll skip, or have audio issues. The first couple months of owning it it was mint.

It's starting to piss me off

Yeah..its great when it works but I've been having a lot of issues lately.

I've found that if you disconnect and reconnet the screen cast, iy helps solve audio issue temporarily.

I just reset my router and re connected everything and its working fine now.

How and What are you guys casting? I have zero problems casting using Plex for my local library and Netflix is flawless too.

Back
Top Bottom