• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I have a rooted LG G3 but when I get the lollipop update will something happen to my phone since I'm rooted? :nerd:

You have to run stock recovery to get the update. Then you have to reinstall custom recovery and super user.

Not sure how to do that but I will look into it.

So I have a rooted LG G3 but when I get the lollipop update will something happen to my phone since I'm rooted? :nerd:

If you download OTA it will unroot your phone.

I think there's a setting in superuser or supersu to keep root.

Not sure how to do that either but I'll look into it also. Thanks fellas.

Since you're rooted, you should have a superuser app.

If it's supersu, go to settings, scroll to the bottom and select enable pro. App should restart. Open it in settings again and under superuser enable survival mode.

Props to KingFoam for helping me out with my Note 4.

Been playing around with Nova Launcher for a while and I'm liking the look on my phone more and more. I know there is so much more to do.

All widgets, and apps suggestions welcome

Spoke with a rep at best buy and apparently I can finance a phone with edge through Verizon without having to change my plan (60 dollar unlimited 2 gb plan), just have to return my current device Now I can get rid of this G2 :pimp:

now the question is what device to get?

Note 4
Droid Turbo
M8
Nexus 6 if they get it

decisions.

Last edited:
Found this flowchart which helps explain the availability of the Nexus 6:

ba1250e1_humor-nexus6.jpeg

But for real... is this Wednesday the day?

Must have apps for me:

Nova Launcher Prime
Dashclock
Poweramp
Viral Lite
Xbox One Smart glass
Textra (No widget)
BubbleUpNp
MX Player
Pushbullet
CM Browser
B1 file manager
Sidebar Lite
Flud

Props to KingFoam for helping me out with my Note 4.

Been playing around with Nova Launcher for a while and I'm liking the look on my phone more and more. I know there is so much more to do.

All widgets, and apps suggestions welcome

Nova launcher is very good especially with them themes and icons

Must have apps for me:

Nova Launcher Prime
Dashclock
Poweramp
Viral Lite
Xbox One Smart glass
Textra (No widget)
BubbleUpNp
MX Player
Pushbullet
CM Browser
B1 file manager
Sidebar Lite
Flud

Do dash clock work on a password protect lockscreen?

Spoke with a rep at best buy and apparently I can finance a phone with edge through Verizon without having to change my plan (60 dollar unlimited 2 gb plan) Now I can get rid of this G2 :pimp:

Note 4
Droid Turbo
M8
Nexus 6

decisions.

I honestly wouldn't even consider the M8 at this point. The Droid turbo is obviously a beefier Nexus 6 which will get lollipop within the next couple weeks. If I was you I would be deciding between the Turbo and the Note 4.

Stock vs. The wiz

Phablet vs. Smaller big phone :lol:

S pen vs nothing

21mp camera with crap software (for now) vs 16mp with awesome software

Metal/faux leather plastic build vs. Kevlar/Ceramic unibody or Weaved nylon material

I honestly think these two phones are the best Android has to offer and you'll be satisfied with either just try to find what YOU want from your phone and go from there.

I'm pissed my S4 I put up on eBay only went for $192.

Came with cases, tempered glass screen protector and a wireless charging add-on. Excellent condition too :smh:

screw eBay

Spoke with a rep at best buy and apparently I can finance a phone with edge through Verizon without having to change my plan (60 dollar unlimited 2 gb plan), just have to return my current device Now I can get rid of this G2 :pimp:

Note 4
Droid Turbo
M8
Nexus 6 if they get it

decisions.

If you like the g2 screen size I would get the m8..

I'm pissed my S4 I put up on eBay only went for $192.

Came with cases, tempered glass screen protector and a wireless charging add-on. Excellent condition too :smh:

screw eBay

That's about how much they go for now regardless. The extra case charger, tempered glass are just perks for your phone to sell, not sell for much more..

It's like people who put brand new engines in cars. The new engine isn't going to make it sell for more then it's worth but it can definitely make the car sale

Last edited:
Never tried about to see now

Edit: It definitely works on my G2 with pattern or pin

Cool thanks. Reason I ask because I saw a comment in the playstore saying otherwise but the comment was from Feb.

Last edited:
I honestly wouldn't even consider the M8 at this point. The Droid turbo is obviously a beefier Nexus 6 which will get lollipop within the next couple weeks. If I was you I would be deciding between the Turbo and the Note 4.

Stock vs. The wiz

Phablet vs. Smaller big phone :lol:

S pen vs nothing

21mp camera with crap software (for now) vs 16mp with awesome software

Metal/faux leather plastic build vs. Kevlar/Ceramic unibody or Weaved nylon material

I honestly think these two phones are the best Android has to offer and you'll be satisfied with either just try to find what YOU want from your phone and go from there.

Honestly I just like the fact that my girls M7 is still damn fast and serviceable given it's age, but I do agree with you that the age of the device is a concern, at this point i'm not considering it too heavily.

I don't think I would want the Note 4 due to the size and taking a liking to the G2 form factor, and the Turbo is roughly the same.

My only concern is regarding the dev community that the droid turbo will have, does the fact that it's moto give it a good following? and is the turbo really "crap" software isn't it just a lightly skinned stock android lol?

Last edited:
That's about how much they go for now regardless. The extra case charger, tempered glass are just perks for your phone to sell, not sell for much more..

It's like people who put brand new engines in cars. The new engine isn't going to make it sell for more then it's worth but it can definitely make the car sale

It just sucks because I saw a phone w/ less that sold at $260 :smh:

I think the issue with the Turbo's potential Dev community or lack thereof is because its a Verizon phone. Moto at least the "New Moto" has not been stingy at all with the development community since they got in bed with Google a couple years ago. But Verizon still scares me they have consistently been the hardest carrier to gain root with their flagship phones. I still don't think root is out for the Verizon Note 4 :smh:

Honestly I just like the fact that my girls M7 is still damn fast and serviceable given it's age, but I do agree with you that the age of the device is a concern, at this point i'm not considering it too heavily.

I don't think I would want the Note 4 due to the size and taking a liking to the G2 form factor, and the Turbo is roughly the same.

My only concern is regarding the dev community that the droid turbo will have, does the fact that it's moto give it a good following? and is the turbo really "crap" software isn't it just a lightly skinned stock android lol?

I was referring to the poor camera software on stock Kit Kat. From the looks of it Google has stepped their optics game up in Lollipop. I would never disrespect stock Android bro. Lollipop is looking like the goat OS and has fixed everything that Kit Kat lacked

I think the issue with the Turbo's potential Dev community or lack thereof is because its a Verizon phone. Moto at least the "New Moto" has not been stingy at all with the development community since they got in bed with Google a couple years ago. But Verizon still scares me they have consistently been the hardest carrier to gain root with their flagship phones. I still don't think root is out for the Verizon Note 4 :smh:

I can't speak for other devices but the verizon G2 had I think the largest dev community of the spectrum which confuses things further on verizons end lol :smh:

It just sucks because I saw a phone w/ less that sold at $260 :smh:

Yea he just got lucky.. Sometimes buyer will pay more if phone is close by location wise because they get it faster. Amongst other things

Unless he had a tmobile or att s4. They go for more

Last edited:
I will wait for reviews before copping the Nexus 6. Usually I just preorder.

Might just cop on contract.

Back
Top Bottom