• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[h1]LG rolling out Android 5.0 to the G3 starting this week[/h1]

SMARTPHONES
By Andrew Martonik  | Nov 08 2014 | 9:56 pm  | 6 Comments

lg_g3_hand_perspective_hero.jpg

LG has announced that its flagship G3  will start receiving an Android 5.0 Lollipop  update this week, beginning with users in Poland. Naturally LG is staying clear of giving exact rollout dates for other regions, saying that "key markets" will get the update in "the near future." Of course that doesn't mean it's coming right away to G3 users around the world, but you have to think that if its ready to go for one model this week it's not far from hitting other devices, too.

As for specific new features and the rollout to other LG devices, things aren't so clear either. Based on the current information from LG it sounds like we're just waiting for it to actually hit phones before we'll know what LG has done with the latest software.

It'll be worth keeping an eye on the LG G3 forums  for future bits of information as the software hits the wild.

[h3]LG FIRST TO ROLL OUT ANDROID 5.0 LOLLIPOP UPGRADE[/h3]
Flagship G3 to be the First LG Smartphone to Receive Newest and Smartest Features of Lollipop OS

SEOUL, Nov. 9, 2014  ― LG Electronics (LG) this week will begin rolling out the highly anticipated Android 5.0 Lollipop upgrade for G3 smartphones starting in Poland this week, to be followed by other key markets in the near future. LG, the first global smartphone manufacturer to offer the Lollipop upgrade in 2014, will subsequently announce an upgrade schedule for other LG mobile devices.

This latest Android OS delivers a host of improvements including a new design language with added depth, shadows and animations. Notifications are improved with a new layout and color scheme and will be available on the new lock screen. A new security feature to strengthen the connectivity between devices will include enabling users to unlock their smartphone when it is physically near a pre-registered Bluetooth device such as the LG G Watch or G Watch R. Lollipop also introduces Android Runtime (ART) software to improve performance.

"LG is absolutely committed to giving our customers the best mobile experiences available and bringing Android Lollipop to G3 owners as soon as possible is a top priority," said Dr. Jong-seok Park, President and CEO of the LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "The new features and improvements in Android 5.0 will bring a whole new user experience to the G3 and make it even better than it already is."

Additional details related to LG devices will be announced in the near future as the Lollipop upgrade becomes available in local markets.

wow, lg just moved two notches.

and :lol: at "I do. but not for you." why you gotta be so rude? lol

Last edited:
So I have a rooted LG G3 but when I get the lollipop update will something happen to my phone since I'm rooted? :nerd:

does anyone elses google chrome go to like this window mode when you first launch the app, or when you open a link from facebook? How can i turn that feature off? running an aosp rom btw

Y'all don't know how to use the Note 4 it seems. First thing you have to do is uncheck GPU rendering and then change all your animation speeds to .5. Even after that change your launcher to something like Nova, Apex, or Google launcher. Touchwiz is a memory hogging POS even when your on a fresh boot with no apps running Touchwiz is taking up 2GB of the 3GB of RAM the note has. So essentially with that QHD screen you only have about 1GB of ram to run apps. That **** is terrible in 2014 no launcher should take up more that 66% of your RAM space. That's why I'm rooting as soon as I get my device Samsung has to do better on the OS/UI front.

So I have a rooted LG G3 but when I get the lollipop update will something happen to my phone since I'm rooted? :nerd:

If you download OTA it will unroot your phone.

I think there's a setting in superuser or supersu to keep root.

Last edited:
Y'all don't know how to use the Note 4 it seems. First thing you have to do is uncheck GPU rendering and then change all your animation speeds to .5. Even after that change your launcher to something like Nova, Apex, or Google launcher. Touchwiz is a memory hogging POS even when your on a fresh boot with no apps running Touchwiz is taking up 2GB of the 3GB of RAM the note has. So essentially with that QHD screen you only have about 1GB of ram to run apps. That **** is terrible in 2014 no launcher should take up more that 66% of your RAM space. That's why I'm rooting as soon as I get my device Samsung has to do better on the OS/UI front.

How do you uncheck Gpu rendering and change the animation speeds.

yeah i'd like to know how to exactly go about that update on a rooted lg g3 phone as well

wondering how to go back to stock too. i may do that 'cause rooting my phone hasn't benefited me that much 

Last edited:
I'm experiencing the same lag problems in the Note 4. Even tweaked the gpu rendering and the animation speed AND installed the Google launcher and still experiencing lag. Very disappointing. Might have to exchange for the N 6 if this keeps up

Last edited:
Crazy. But not surprising I guess if you're using tw. The very little time I played with it I thought it was fine and felt great. But people who use it all day everyday will know more than my 5 minutes :lol:

Developer options will show all those settings for those who don't know. This is why root is very important especially in the case of Samsung phones. There's a few Touchwiz ROMs on XDA that are greatly debloated that don't use as many resources and eliminates lag totally regardless of what launcher your running. My suggestion for all Note 4 users in this thread is to root as soon as possible.

Last edited:
yeah i'd like to know how to exactly go about that update on a rooted lg g3 phone as well

wondering how to go back to stock too. i may do that 'cause rooting my phone hasn't benefited me that much 

Go to the xda forum. Type xda LG G3 in Google.

They will have threads and post about it

Last edited:

This is around what I would get on KK, expecting better once I get a version that has the fix for the misc battery drain. On the upside lollipop definitely seems faster and more responsive to presses

Yep, at first I thought there was no difference in performance, until I flashed back to KitKat. It is much smoother.

You have to run stock recovery to get the update. Then you have to reinstall custom recovery and super user.

Not sure how to do that but I will look into it.

If you download OTA it will unroot your phone.

I think there's a setting in superuser or supersu to keep root.

Not sure how to do that either but I'll look into it also. Thanks fellas.

Back
Top Bottom