• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any Android bros have any experience or thoughts on xiaomi Mipad? Seems like some good hardware for the price.

If HTC would've gave us hardware like the leaked render , 1080p display , 3GB of RAM , and a older Snapdragon 805 i think we would've all been happier than the trash they presented to us a couple weeks ago.

No experience personally but they got some crazy specs for the price.. almost worth it just to try. 

Agreed, I'm really tempted even though doesn't have GPS which really isn't a big deal to me.

ncvikingx97 ncvikingx97 nexus 5 owner here and use the spigen armor case, very happy with it.

Just switched to Textra from Hangouts, giving it another try

Just yesterday, I had over 200+ messages come up from a 24hr span... I was :wow: at the fact that I was missing that much

Not sure if it's the messaging app itself, T-Mobile or the rom I'm on... But this **** is crazy... Girls are thinking I'm ducking them, can't have this happening :lol:

wait so you downloaded textra and had missing texts over the past few months coming in?! :nerd:

Just switched to Textra from Hangouts, giving it another try

Just yesterday, I had over 200+ messages come up from a 24hr span... I was :wow: at the fact that I was missing that much

Not sure if it's the messaging app itself, T-Mobile or the rom I'm on... But this **** is crazy... Girls are thinking I'm ducking them, can't have this happening :lol:

wait so you downloaded textra and had missing texts over the past few months coming in?! :nerd:

yea that doesn't make sense...

sad day when you release htc actually had to hype up a phone replacement program. not not even as a knock to htc, although they might need a uh oh replacement once the M9 sales or lack of report comes in, but **** I guess one should jump for joy now that a manufacturer wouldn't punish you for rooting the device you bought and asking for a hardware repair for a broken component that had nothing to do with the software.

You sure those weren't unread messages and not just messages that it imported and synced from the Hangouts app itself. Like others have said, it just doesn't make sense to miss out on that large a number of messages.

sad day when you release htc actually had to hype up a phone replacement program. not not even as a knock to htc, although they might need a uh oh replacement once the M9 sales or lack of report comes in, but **** I guess one should jump for joy now that a manufacturer wouldn't punish you for rooting the device you bought and asking for a hardware repair for a broken component that had nothing to do with the software.

Seriously. Countdown timer and all. I was hoping the "BIG" announcement as they called it was alluding to an M9+, but HTC's just contiuing the trend of disappointing me.

Oh, and their official M9 launch date is April 10th. Same as the S6. Good luck HTC.

sickens me how awful the advertising and release day events are for all these phones. Steve Jobs / Apple did it right, and that's about it. Every other product release announcement I've seen has been comical at best. downright pathetic. almost as amateur as the guys who write for tech sites.

No, that was still while I was using Hangouts that all those messages came up

im confused. i have had a lot of people tell me they texted me and i never received anything. so you installed textra and the missing messages started coming in at once on hangouts? just doesnt seem like something thats possible for old messages to come in after the fact but if it works ill do the same.

sickens me how awful the advertising and release day events are for all these phones. Steve Jobs / Apple did it right, and that's about it. Every other product release announcement I've seen has been comical at best. downright pathetic. almost as amateur as the guys who write for tech sites.

I know you like to give Samsung (somewhat deservingly, in my opinion) some flack, but you don't feel like they're effective at their marketing/advertising?

I've had Apple faithfuls tell me that they were looking at the S6 completely unprovoked. Samsung seems to do a solid job constantly of making people aware of their products in a way that garners desire.

im confused. i have had a lot of people tell me they texted me and i never received anything. so you installed textra and the missing messages started coming in at once on hangouts? just doesnt seem like something thats possible for old messages to come in after the fact but if it works ill do the same.

Nah, this all happened when I was on Hangouts when the messages started appearing

I switched to Textra later it the day

I know you like to give Samsung (somewhat deservingly, in my opinion) some flack, but you don't feel like they're effective at their marketing/advertising?

I've had Apple faithfuls tell me that they were looking at the S6 completely unprovoked. Samsung seems to do a solid job constantly of making people aware of their products in a way that garners desire.
Samsung advertising has had some hits but also some misses. I agree, they're doing a better job than most other companies. Some of their commercials are indeed amazing, like their curved TV ads. But sometimes they fail, like some of their product release events and that advertisement with the skiing stalker:

To be fair, even Apple has had their misses too.

edit: Although I still think the interview with the Apple engineer posted last week is the greatest thing ever:

Last edited:
TL;DR

When the Galaxy S6 is released on April 10th, many Canadians approaching the end of their three-year contracts will have a big decision to make: stay with Android, or switch to iPhone. Despite its modest declines over the past year, Samsung reportedly shares with Apple the top spot in Canadian smartphone mind- and market share. To many, the choice when buying a new smartphone is a two-horse race.

Samsung has an immediate advantage over Apple in that the Galaxy S6 is considerably cheaper than the entry-level iPhone 6, especially when one factors in the amount of available storage.

When one takes all of the Galaxy S6’s disparate features into account, it’s the first truly exciting smartphone of 2015, even if many of them are iterative improvements, or outright thefts from other devices.

It wasn’t the aluminum frame or high-resolution screen that sold me on the S6, but the camera, which has been a thorn in Android’s side for years now. Samsung has made a great smartphone, irrespective of platform: It just happens that Android is now at the point where it is both powerful and simple, beautiful and developer-friendly.

If this is the future of Samsung, I’m happy to stick around.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/03/18/samsung-galaxy-s6-review/

Interesting Canadians have 3 year contracts :x

Last edited:
No way LG shouldve let the GFlex 2 out in the wild if it is performing that badly lol.  LG is not really good with software, so I dont see them making it much better if they havent by now.  I really wanted that joint but if its that bad, its a definite pass smh.

[h1]Microsoft is making a ROM that allows Android smartphones to run Windows 10 for phones[/h1]
BY HARISH JONNALAGADDA
Wednesday, Mar 18, 2015 at 3:46 am EDT

android-windows-phone.jpg

Microsoft announced earlier today  that it was collaborating with Xiaomi in providing Mi 4  customers with a flashable ROM that allows them to test Windows 10 for phones  on their smartphones. It looks like that program is set for a wider rollout, according to a report on TechCrunch:
Neither Microsoft nor Xiaomi provided specific details of the Windows 10 software being trialled, but TechCrunch understands from sources that it effectively overrides Android, turning the Xiaomi phone into a Windows 10 device complete with Microsoft services. (Which the company hopes will dazzle Android owners into making the switch.)

This is a ROM, based on Windows, that operates much like software from Cyanogen — a company Microsoft was incorrectly linked with an investment in — and other custom ROMs developed by the likes of Tencent and Baidu in China.

The ROM is thus designed to go beyond Microsoft's Android apps and offer a native-like Windows experience on Android phones.
Microsoft is said to have selected Xiaomi as the first partner on account of the generous amount of feedback the Chinese vendor receives from its customers on weekly software updates. The Redmond giant is reportedly looking to "make this software available on more devices in time."

Source: TechCrunch

No, that was still while I was using Hangouts that all those messages came up

first common in textra downloads has someone complaining of this exact problem, textra responsed.

"Few bugs, but overall solid messaging app. The only problem I'm having on my Note 4 is that I'm receiving notifications of texts sent to me more one month ago. I hope that issue gets fixed soon. Also, when I swipe to dismiss a thread, sometimes I have to swipe twice to get back to the main screen. I really love that I don't have to open the gallery to access my photos."

Delicious Inc. March 18, 2015
Go to stock app and turn off the notifications to prevent those old ones coming back, it's and Android bug.

just downloaded textra again, gonna give it another go.

The more I look at it the more I think the Moto X is fuego

How is the Nexus 6 battery life after the last update?

Back
Top Bottom