• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ended up getting the 6s+ and switched to my family's plan on AT&T from T-Mobile. So far it's a slick phone, but I'm struggling to get adjusted to no back button and I miss my Google Keyboard :frown:

Check and see what A9 chipset is in your phone. There's two different chips produced in the phones one a Samsung and another is TSMC. The Samsung chip is worse in battery.

Last edited:
Ended up getting the 6s+ and switched to my family's plan on AT&T from T-Mobile. So far it's a slick phone, but I'm struggling to get adjusted to no back button and I miss my Google Keyboard :frown:

Check and see what A9 chipset is in your phone. There's two different chips produced in the phones one a Samsung and another is TSMC. The Samsung chip is worse in battery.

Downloaded the app to check, turns out I have the Samsung one :smh:

Hopefully it's not a huge difference in battery life, I don't even know how I could convince the AT&T rep to switch my phone out because of this

Thing that will always have me w/ Android over the iPhone is the fact that you can't attach documents to an email within the email app. Kind of stupid in my opinion

Cracked my screen. :smh:

Called T-Mobile/Assurant to make an insurance claim and they told me that they were completely out of 32GB Nexus 6 devices. They've been told not to send out any other phones as a replacement, so the rep told me my only options are to either 1. Use my JUMP Upgrade to a phone now (recommended the S6 :x ) or 2. Keep using my current N6 until a phone I want arrives in stores and use my upgrade then. No replacements.

Told the rep that only phone I'm interested in is the Nexus 6P, which won't be sold by carriers in the US. He said good luck. :lol:

Y u do dis to me basedgod

:smh:

Holy **** that's terrible.

I'm still trying to process this.

So my ___ paid insurance every month for no reason? :lol:

There needs to be some sort of reimbursement for nonsense like that.

dont need a back button, slide your finger from left of the screen to right.

TouchPal is a pretty good keyboard, the swipe is good on it. Crystal is a good adblock for safari. Also prefer safari over chrome on the mobile.

But that's all imma say since this the Android thread :lol:

Last edited:

Nope, the same with health insurance, car insurance, renters insurance, etc. You're paying for the "What if" biggest racket ever and you can't avoid majority of em

Yeah: find a way to escalate your issue. Talk to customer service/loyalty at t-mobile. They should and might find a way to give you a free upgrade if they can't replace your phone.

And, as soon as they do, cancel the insurance.

Holy **** that's terrible.

Nope, the same with health insurance, car insurance, renters insurance, etc. You're paying for the "What if" biggest racket ever and you can't avoid majority of em

Word. :smh: A little update:

Called Assurant again and was told that they could offer a Samsung Galaxy S6 as a replacement. :stoneface: An S6. :stoneface: I asked if there were ANY other options in the same range of devices, and the agent I spoke to said that the S6 was the only comparable model that they could offer. That ain't gonna work. :smh:

Called T-Mobile, and they told me that it was pretty much out of their hands. The rep I spoke to said that I could continue the claim with Assurant or use my upgrade for something like the LG V10 (no thx.) She even suggested that I go to a third party screen repair place and see if they would be able to do a screen replacement. I asked her why should I pay $100 for a screen repair when I should be able to get a replacement phone for the same amount through insurance, and she sympathized but said it was out of her hands. I asked if the Z5 or Nexus 6P were coming to T-Mo, and she said not at this time. I told her that I refuse to waste my upgrade on a phone I don't like because Assurant isn't on their job.

Been using Nexus phones since the N1, and I might have to rely on one of those kiosk places to fix my baby. This ain't right :smh:

Yeah: find a way to escalate your issue. Talk to customer service/loyalty at t-mobile. They should and might find a way to give you a free upgrade if they can't replace your phone.

And, as soon as they do, cancel the insurance.

Didn't even think about the customer retention line. Thanks for that. Gonna try that route and see what I can find.

The insurance comes with the JUMP plan, so I can't really cancel it unfortunately. Such a scam. :smh:

Last edited:

The thing is, there's a difference between never actually having to utilize an insurance claim and seeking to do one and being told that they can't do anything for you due to the particular device you have. He shouldn't have had to find that out AFTER he needed help and has already spent a few hundred on insurance.

If that S6 is a replacement and wouldn't affect your ability to upgrade, then I would've probably taken it. Getting the screen repaired on your own is the move though if you just don't rock with TouchWiz/Samsung.

Last edited:
damn, that's foul. let us know what happens. They view all these phones as interchangeable :smh: The equivalent would be someone at footlocker trying to exchange some asics for your damaged air max's.

Last edited:

The thing is, there's a difference between never actually having to utilize an insurance claim and seeking to do one and being told that they can't do anything for you due to the particular device you have. He shouldn't have had to find that out AFTER he needed help and has already spent a few hundred on insurance.

If that S6 is a replacement and wouldn't affect your ability to upgrade, then I would've probably taken it. Getting the screen repaired on your own is the move though if you just don't rock with TouchWiz/Samsung.

Yea, that's true, I'm definitely not downplaying that at all, but that's why I call it a racket, not just for the sake of paying for it in case something happens, but also because you pay all that money, if you never use a claim, u don't get any sort of reimbursement. Plus, u pay the money, and when u do have to file a claim, u have to pay even more money in order to use the service that you've already been paying for. Lastly, you're paying for a service that may not necessarily help you when you need it, which is his case; that's ridiculous.

But I would've gotten the S6 and traded it in or sold it then got the phone I wanted.

May have found an odd work around. Crazy that I can get better customer service from Twitter than calling in person.

I just want a Nexus 6 man. :frown:

[thread="264167"]After reading that story, it might be a wrap for me and company insurance. That's messed up. [/thread]

Yea, this story just reminded me to cancel the JUMP insurance on that free gpad that I got. :lol: And now thinking about it, I could cancel it on my line if I got a phone outside of T-Mo :pimp:

dont need a back button, slide your finger from left of the screen to right.

TouchPal is a pretty good keyboard, the swipe is good on it. Crystal is a good adblock for safari. Also prefer safari over chrome on the mobile.

But that's all imma say since this the Android thread :lol:

Safari is the goat browser on ios cause apple doesn't let anyone else use their webkit

Last edited:
Edit. [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom