• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think anyone has mentioned it in here yet, but have you guys seen the new google keyboard for IOS? So freaking dope with the instant search in the keyboard and adding cards to any conversation. But of course GOOGLE makes it for Iphones only and not for their own android users :rolleyes

Don't worry. It'll probably just get baked into the keyboard we already have. In about 30 mins, we'll see what's going on.

Google Home looks like an air freshener. 
laugh.gif

I might go ahead and throw N onto my Nexus 6 now. It looks pretty good.

I'm interested in Allo and Duo as well, but I'm wondering how these will work in conjunction with Hangouts and Messenger. There's a LOT of apps doing the same thing here, and they need to get that situated.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it in here yet, but have you guys seen the new google keyboard for IOS? So freaking dope with the instant search in the keyboard and adding cards to any conversation. But of course GOOGLE makes it for Iphones only and not for their own android users :rolleyes

Can't we do the same thing w/ Google Now on Tap?

If anything, Google just complicated their messaging services even more :lol:

Allo and Duo both do what Hangouts already does. My guess would be they are prepping to ditch Hangouts, but as of now I don't see the point of both of the new apps. And there is no way in hell I could convince my buddies to ditch WhatsApp for them

And I am using the Gboard keyboard now, it is truly dope.

If anything, Google just complicated their messaging services even more :lol:

Allo and Duo both do what Hangouts already does. My guess would be they are prepping to ditch Hangouts, but as of now I don't see the point of both of the new apps. And there is no way in hell I could convince my buddies to ditch WhatsApp for them

And I am using the Gboard keyboard now, it is truly dope.

I think Hangouts will still be around. But overall I guess it was easier to make a new app to get what they wanted as opposed to updating and overhauling Hangouts. I would imagine that it wouldn't be that hard to overhaul Messenger. Maybe Google wants an option for people who just want a simple SMS app. Now, they didn't outright say that it functioned as an SMS app as well, since it needs your number, you could assume that it is.....nor did they say anything about RCS. I guess if it's android to android it's RCS, if not the message sends as SMS.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the Allo app as an instant messenger app, not a SMS app. I was waiting for them to say something about RCS :frown:

Do you get the "USB Connection" notification in your pull down? If you do, tap it and select "MTP"
Will check this out

Some cables are for charge only, you need a data cable to transfer stuff.
word? Did not know that, how much those run?

Are you using the cable that came with the phone? If so that's a data cable. Usually they are only $2-3 more expensive than charge cables. Mist decent cables nowadays do both

Reactions: alp
Are you using the cable that came with the phone? If so that's a data cable. Usually they are only $2-3 more expensive than charge cables. Mist decent cables nowadays do both
nah I bought one at best buy cuz the one that came with the phone stopped working. I'm actually next to my laptop right now and got another cable that came with a different Samsung phone, I'll check now

Works now, thanks for all the help guys. Says it's gonna take 2 hours to transfer my pics to my computer, got too many pics :smh: :lol:

Now once I do that I gotta back the pics up someway else so if a freak accident occurs I don't lose all those pictures

Works now, thanks for all the help guys. Says it's gonna take 2 hours to transfer my pics to my computer, got too many pics :smh: :lol:

Now once I do that I gotta back the pics up someway else so if a freak accident occurs I don't lose all those pictures

Google Photos is pretty good for backing up pics. Plus, you get unlimited storage if you compress the images.

And on top of that, it gets rid of the need to use a cable.

I was under the impression that the Allo app as an instant messenger app, not a SMS app. I was waiting for them to say something about RCS :frown:

I feel like RCS is something that would have been spoken on, they bought a company to focus on it. But I guess we'll have to wait and see. The apk's for allo and duo are out. They can be installed but the apps don't actually open since the servers aren't out yet.

You can back them up to Google Drive, this where my pics/vids are

Google Photos is pretty good for backing up pics. Plus, you get unlimited storage if you compress the images.

And on top of that, it gets rid of the need to use a cable.

Aight might do that one of these days. Now that I freed up some space hopefully battery won't deplete as quickly on the phone :lol:

Still team galaxy but once the iPhone 7 come out might have to switch over at least temporarily :lol:

Back
Top Bottom