• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If anyone wants the Note 7 with a 2-year contract (Verizon & Sprint) Best Buy is giving that option

Man TMobile got me all the way messed up. I sent the phones back I guess slightly outside of the 14 day buyer's remorse window and now they calling me talking about I owe $1538. They got collections companies calling me now though so IDK what to do, I don't want it on my credit but I'm not about to give them a rack and a half for some phones I never used and that I sent back like they asked

Need to ask collection agency for validity of debt. I believe if they don't respond in 30 days they must remove from your credit report. Also put a dispute with all 3 bureaus.

Last edited:
Man TMobile got me all the way messed up. I sent the phones back I guess slightly outside of the 14 day buyer's remorse window and now they calling me talking about I owe $1538. They got collections companies calling me now though so IDK what to do, I don't want it on my credit but I'm not about to give them a rack and a half for some phones I never used and that I sent back like they asked

How long have you been with TMO? You should try asking for the loyalty department and see what they can do. They seem to be more eager to help than regular customer service from the times I've talked to them.

If collections are calling you, it's already on your credit. Sounds like you're in a tough spot.

Exactly. It's already hurting you unfortunately.

Nah it's not on there yet. I been checking, haven't seen anything new. I think they said I got til the 31st. I haven't been with TMo for dude who asked. I switched to them, phones get NO reception inside of the buildings on base, so I boxed them up, ported #s to Sprint, sent the phones back, just missed the 14 day window though.

Android Nougat out today. Waiting patiently for my update.

Whats the lastest version out (besides what youre waiting for)

I swear I feel like my Note 4 is 2 or 3 behind on updates. I still got the same old emjois from back when i bought this, everyone else has the newer that are compatible with iphone (just 1 thing i noticed).

I got an update Friday and Im currently on 5.1.1

Whats the lastest version out (besides what youre waiting for)

I swear I feel like my Note 4 is 2 or 3 behind on updates. I still got the same old emjois from back when i bought this, everyone else has the newer that are compatible with iphone (just 1 thing i noticed).

I got an update Friday and Im currently on 5.1.1

6.0.1 (marshmallow)

you're two generations behind at this point (5.1.1 is lollipop)

Just have to wait for some Nexus 5 Nougat ROMs, because we won't get the official update sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phone came in today.

Same exact size as my 1+2.

Phone is meh so far.

Going to give this stock thing a try... But it's already pissing me off w/ all the pop-ups and notifications.

6.0.1 (marshmallow)

you're two generations behind at this point (5.1.1 is lollipop)

See thats what i freakin thought. What the hell is up with this .. i check for updates every other week because i know im behind. I get anuodate friday i assumed it was the latest but then when i saw 5.1.1 i knew that couldnt be right

Is there a way to get the latest? or is AT&T just that far behind

OEMs want you to buy the new phone with the newer software. If updated software means a lot to you, go the Nexus route.

See thats what i freakin thought. What the hell is up with this .. i check for updates every other week because i know im behind. I get anuodate friday i assumed it was the latest but then when i saw 5.1.1 i knew that couldnt be right

Is there a way to get the latest? or is AT&T just that far behind

Nope, your at the mercy of AT&T and Samsung ( :x ), you might get 6.0.1 a couple months from now and will probably get 7.0 when 8 comes out ( unfortunately i'm serious)

OEMs want you to buy the new phone with the newer software. If updated software means a lot to you, go the Nexus route.

And even that only gets you two years of updates. No Android N on the Nexus 5 nor Nexus 7 2013, two devices that have the hardware to run it, as will be proven by custom roms.

Last edited:

Yeah i get that part of wanting u to buy the latest product (ridiculous but i get it)

THAT important .. no .. but theres no reason why the phone should be that far behind. Dont most apple products all get updates at one point or another. Im still getting updates for my ipad air from 2013.

Nope, your at the mercy of AT&T and Samsung ( :x ), you might get 6.0.1 a couple months from now and will probably get 7.0 when 8 comes out ( unfortunately i'm serious)

:smh:

Last edited:
Yeah I'll be waiting it out for the custom ROMs, or see if there's a sizable price drop in 6P when the new Nexus line drops. Either way, I'm not paying $400+ for phone any time soon.

Yeah i get that part of wanting u to buy the latest product (ridiculous but i get it)

THAT important .. no .. but theres no reason why the phone should be that far behind. Dont most apple products all get updates at one point or another. Im still getting updates for my ipad air from 2013.

Yes, but these phone companies don't care, and most people don't care either because many have jump plans and subsidize their phones. Apple controls their software, Android is fragmented, with OEMs controlling when their updates are released, or even released. Google only handles Nexus devices when it comes to updates, that's why they get them first. Some OEMs trickle them out shortly after, like the Moto X but Samsung is notoriously bad/slow with it.

Yes, but these phone companies don't care, and most people don't care either because many have jump plans and subsidize their phones. Apple controls their software, Android is fragmented, with OEMs controlling when their updates are released, or even released. Google only handles Nexus devices when it comes to updates, that's why they get them first. Some OEMs trickle them out shortly after, like the Moto X but Samsung is notoriously bad/slow with it.

Samsung has been pretty good about updates. I think it's the carriers who are at fault for slow/no updates, which is why you see people from AT&T complaining about lack of updates for certain devices while T-mo has been ok.

Last edited:
If anyone wants the Note 7 with a 2-year contract (Verizon & Sprint) Best Buy is giving that option

You have to have the upgrade available in your contract though. My wifes contract is up on the 11th of September and they told me I had to wait till then. Sprint 1800 number can do the 2 year extension even if your contact isnt up yet.

I'm officially on Nougat. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom