• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welp, as a day 1 Nexus 6 user, I was super excited about the Pixel; waited months for the announcement, then was left disappointed, even somewhat pissed off that Google made it a Verizon exclusive. I know I can finance it through Google or Best Buy, but I'd rather trade my phone in to soften the blow, skip the credit check and just pay the tax and finance the phone through my T-Mobile bill.
I really need a new phone so I guess I will just have to settle for the Note 7 tomorrow..... :smh: Unless you guys have a better suggestion for me.

What happened to your N6 that you need a new phone? N6 should still be running fine.

top dogs are offering waterproofing, and/or expandable storage/ and/or, a removable battery and a second screen, and/or the promise of updates for more than just two years, and/or apparently OIS ?

The problem is google never offers enough for the $650 price tag which is why the nexuses that really took off weren't priced that high (nexus 4,5, 6p) and the ones were had to be significantly discounted before they started moving units (galaxy nexus, nexus 6, 5x).

What I'm really wondering is who they really plan on selling these too besides the most die hard google/stock android fans?

All of this. They have very good Android phones for $400

Google just tapping into the audience of people who dont want to buy a phone "out-right". Considering all these phone get financed now, the person who would buy a buy an galaxy or iphone from a carrier wouldn't buy a phone like a op3 or axon 7 cause they would have to pay more upfront.

All that being said, LG v20 still not available for preorder and the price/official release date is unannounced. The pixels gone end hitting the market before the v20 is even available to the public. So much for being the first phone with nougat.

Google just tapping into the audience of people who dont want to buy a phone "out-right". Considering all these phone get financed now, the person who would buy a buy an galaxy or iphone from a carrier wouldn't buy a phone like a op3 or axon 7 cause they would have to pay more upfront.

All that being said, LG v20 still not available for preorder and the price/official release date is unannounced. The pixels gone end hitting the market before the v20 is even available to the public. So much for being the first phone with nougat.

the person buying the iphone or the galaxy will more than likely continue buying the iphones or the galaxies. the pixels have no major selling points besides the camera which is everyone's selling point and the google AI stuff which will involve having a rep that actually knows how to sell that feature. this confusing verizon exclusive tagline nonsense isn't going to help them either.

also peep how preorders for everything but the blue colors are still available almost a day after launch. compare that to who google is pretending they're in the same league with.

Uninstalled good lock, it was decent

Was causing issues when i had phone connected to bluetooth and ipod plugged in, when id unlock the phone would switch from ipod to phone media.

That Note7 catching fire thing has to be one of the biggest flops ever. Even the replacements? Reason I still have a 6sPlus is because of that. I'll wait till they release the Note8.

you can still buy it from Google unlocked is my understanding

edit: finally got official nougat on my N6. not much different from dp5. if anything there's more bugs...

Last edited:
First Note 7s are exploding now they're catching on fire. Then the Pixel is a Verizon exclusive. Looks like I'm destined to be with my Nexus 6 forever.

I just saw on the news that the note 7 caught fire on the plane. What are the odds. They said that they can't confirm if it was a replacement or not. If it wasn't and the person lied and said it was... Sheesh, they might be looking at a case.

I just saw on the news that the note 7 caught fire on the plane. What are the odds. They said that they can't confirm if it was a replacement or not. If it wasn't and the person lied and said it was... Sheesh, they might be looking at a case.

I'm betting it was a old one. Mine doesn't even heat up really anymore.

Da V20 will be available on T-Mobile on October 28th.
AT&T will start preorders tomorrow for da low, low price of $830 ( via AT&T next: $27.67 per month for 30 months; $830.10 total or AT&T Next Every Year: $34.59 per month for 24 months; $830.16 total)

link

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom