Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

it is under the screen i took the plastic off as soon as i got it (it had writing on it so i couldnt really see my screen or i would have just left it there) i plan on taking it back and getting a new one (hopefully a they have some droid x's in a couple weeks) because this thing keeps freezing and i personally think its slow and the keyboard absolutely SUCKS and i will never use it so i would rather have the x

damn....that sucks.....i wonder how the hell  that  happened.

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

it is under the screen i took the plastic off as soon as i got it (it had writing on it so i couldnt really see my screen or i would have just left it there) i plan on taking it back and getting a new one (hopefully a they have some droid x's in a couple weeks) because this thing keeps freezing and i personally think its slow and the keyboard absolutely SUCKS and i will never use it so i would rather have the x

damn....that sucks.....i wonder how the hell  that  happened.

Originally Posted by ireminisce

seeko, you're on an incredible as well?

http:///
NY0yB.jpg
0pkNA.jpg

Yup!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Man I swear I learn something new about this phone everyday..........is there any call and text blocker apps?

I believe the built-in phone app has a call reject option. Try long pressing on a phone number in your call log.

As for texts Handcent SMS lets you blacklists text.

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Man I swear I learn something new about this phone everyday..........is there any call and text blocker apps?

I believe the built-in phone app has a call reject option. Try long pressing on a phone number in your call log.

As for texts Handcent SMS lets you blacklists text.

Originally Posted by krazyg

Can't decide on the HTC Incredible or Droid 2. What do you guys think? I prefer a physical keyboard though, but the Incredible looks very nice.

Droid 2 is a much better phone between the two.

Originally Posted by krazyg

Can't decide on the HTC Incredible or Droid 2. What do you guys think? I prefer a physical keyboard though, but the Incredible looks very nice.

Droid 2 is a much better phone between the two.

I have officially left the iPhone and got my first Android device. Got the Monstrous Dell Streak from a friend for $200. It comes with Android 1.6, but the 2.2 update for it should be here by the end of Sept. Any must have apps or widgets I should know of? I have never messed with an Android device ever
laugh.gif

I have officially left the iPhone and got my first Android device. Got the Monstrous Dell Streak from a friend for $200. It comes with Android 1.6, but the 2.2 update for it should be here by the end of Sept. Any must have apps or widgets I should know of? I have never messed with an Android device ever
laugh.gif

[h3]C-ThruFone uses HTC EVO camera as live wallpaper[/h3]
It won't win any battery-efficiency awards, but if you've ever wanted to be able to "see through" your HTC EVO's home screen, then the free C-ThruFone live wallpaper is about as close to x-ray vision as you'll get without being a superhero.

It actually just uses the phone's rear camera to display what's behind the device, but it's still pretty cool. You can even double-tap an empty area on the screen to take a photo of whatever is being shown, which can speed up casual picture-taking since you don't have to wait for the camera app to launch.

It doesn't take pictures in the EVO's full resolution or automatically rotate a captured image, though, so I wouldn't recommend using it instead of an actual camera app (default or third-party) for every single photo opportunity that arises. But for taking quick shots and maybe just showing off a great live wallpaper when battery conservation isn't your top priority, C-ThruFone is worth checking out.

Thanks, MeltdCC!

Posted by Jenn K. Lee at 12:12 AM|Comments (3)
[h3]Benefits of rooting your HTC EVO 4G[/h3]
Some might say that all Android users can be categorized into one of two groups: those who root and those who don't. These groups can be further divided into countless subgroups, sure, but root access is easily a separating factor. You're either on one side of the line or the other.

But what about the people who are on the line? They are the root-curious guys and gals who keeping hearing about the underground world of rooting but are, for one reason or another, hesistant to check it out for themselves. They want to know more about the benefits of rooting, though, so they ask a lot of questions.

And now that the first proven rooting method for Android 2.2 on the HTC EVO is out, many of the typical root-curious questions are being asked again. Why should I root? What can I do with root access? What's so good about rooting? Should I do it?

You're the only one who can answer the last question, but the other three (which are variations of the same question) are briefly addressed below.

Continue reading »

Posted by Jenn K. Lee at 12:08 AM|Comments (5)
[h3]Ninja Kaka brings fruit-slicing fun to HTC EVO[/h3]

If you're familiar with Fruit Ninja for the iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, then you'll recognize Ninja Kaka -Fruit Dojo immediately. It isn't quite on the same level as its iOS 4 counterpart, but the Android game is nicely done and an entertaining way to spend a spare minute or two. The concept (slicing fruit with a "sword") sounds stupid and the gameplay may seem lame at first, but the app is fun and surprisingly addictive once you give it a chance.

A quick warning: don't show this game to your children (and possibly your girlfriend or wife) if you ever want to see your EVO again. My 9-month-old daughter loved Fruit Ninja before she could crawl, so Ninja Kaka was an instant hit with her.

Posted by Jenn K. Lee at 12:05 AM|Comments (1)

I just bought the Vignette App...This thing is too
pimp.gif

Between Vignette, Pic Say Pro, Retro Camera, & the $10 macro lens...This is bar none the most fun I've ever had with photography in my life.

I haven't even used my Photoshop in a while to edit pics cause it's just that much easier on my Evo. I'll make a Flickr account later to put what I took over the last month.

These are of my furball dog.
35162qu.jpg

23tl2ky.jpg

It won't win any battery-efficiency awards, but if you've ever wanted to be able to "see through" your HTC EVO's home screen, then the free C-ThruFone live wallpaper is about as close to x-ray vision as you'll get without being a superhero.

It actually just uses the phone's rear camera to display what's behind the device, but it's still pretty cool. You can even double-tap an empty area on the screen to take a photo of whatever is being shown, which can speed up casual picture-taking since you don't have to wait for the camera app to launch.

It doesn't take pictures in the EVO's full resolution or automatically rotate a captured image, though, so I wouldn't recommend using it instead of an actual camera app (default or third-party) for every single photo opportunity that arises. But for taking quick shots and maybe just showing off a great live wallpaper when battery conservation isn't your top priority, C-ThruFone is worth checking out.

Thanks, MeltdCC!

Some might say that all Android users can be categorized into one of two groups: those who root and those who don't. These groups can be further divided into countless subgroups, sure, but root access is easily a separating factor. You're either on one side of the line or the other.

But what about the people who are on the line? They are the root-curious guys and gals who keeping hearing about the underground world of rooting but are, for one reason or another, hesistant to check it out for themselves. They want to know more about the benefits of rooting, though, so they ask a lot of questions.

And now that the first proven rooting method for Android 2.2 on the HTC EVO is out, many of the typical root-curious questions are being asked again. Why should I root? What can I do with root access? What's so good about rooting? Should I do it?

You're the only one who can answer the last question, but the other three (which are variations of the same question) are briefly addressed below.

Continue reading »

If you're familiar with Fruit Ninja for the iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, then you'll recognize Ninja Kaka -Fruit Dojo immediately. It isn't quite on the same level as its iOS 4 counterpart, but the Android game is nicely done and an entertaining way to spend a spare minute or two. The concept (slicing fruit with a "sword") sounds stupid and the gameplay may seem lame at first, but the app is fun and surprisingly addictive once you give it a chance.

A quick warning: don't show this game to your children (and possibly your girlfriend or wife) if you ever want to see your EVO again. My 9-month-old daughter loved Fruit Ninja before she could crawl, so Ninja Kaka was an instant hit with her.

pimp.gif

Between Vignette, Pic Say Pro, Retro Camera, & the $10 macro lens...This is bar none the most fun I've ever had with photography in my life.

I haven't even used my Photoshop in a while to edit pics cause it's just that much easier on my Evo. I'll make a Flickr account later to put what I took over the last month.

35162qu.jpg

23tl2ky.jpg

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Thanks, MeltdCC!

Continue reading »

pimp.gif

35162qu.jpg

23tl2ky.jpg

Where would  i find this......Macro  lens you  speak  of?

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Thanks, MeltdCC!

Continue reading »

pimp.gif

35162qu.jpg

23tl2ky.jpg

Where would  i find this......Macro  lens you  speak  of?

http://www2.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14953
[h3]Review: Magnetic macro lens for HTC EVO 4G[/h3]
Posted by Jenn K. Lee
Categories: Accessories, Features, Reviews

The HTC EVO's 8-megapixel rear camera can produce some pretty outstanding close-up pictures (I think this one is particularly impressive), but it isn't capable of taking true macros.

Not without help, that is.

Enter the magnet-mounted macro lens designed for cell phones and digital cameras. There are several different brands and types of these lenses available on other places, and while they look comical when attached to the EVO's rear camera, they make a significant difference in macro image quality.

The lens I have is a wide/macro combination that can be separated so that the macro lens can be used alone, but I believe there are macro-only lenses out there too.

This lens comes with a plastic cap for the larger wide angle lens, two metal rings that can be affixed to devices that don't havemagnetic material around their lenses, and a powerful magnetic cover attached to a short lanyard to protect the bottom of the lens.

Without using one of the metal rings, which I refused to do since it looks terrible, the wide angle lens falls off the EVO (it's too heavy), which makes it useless unless you want to hold it in place when snapping a picture.

The macro lens, on the other hand, will stay in place if you don't jostle it around too much.

There's no "trick" to using the lens. Just get close to your subject, wait for it to focus, press the shutter button, and voila! Look at this unaltered picture of a penny I took using the lens:

Here are some additional samples I took to illustrate how much better macro photos can be with a magnetic macro lens.

In the following set:
  • The top photo is the best possible close-up I could take with the EVO's rear camera.
  • The middle photo is an attempted macro shot taken without the macro lens.
  • The bottom photo is taken with the macro lens from the same distance as the previous attempt.

In the next set of images, both photos were taken from the same distance away from the subject. The top pictures are obviously the ones taken without the macro lens.

" class="asset asset-image at-xid-6a00d83451c9ec69e201348381d49c970c " src="http://pocketables.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c9ec69e201348381d49c970c-800wi" title="Evo-macro-lens-sample ( " border="0"> 

All the images were taken with the HTC EVO 4G (default camera settings only) and have not been altered. The only things I did to the 8-megapixel unedited images were resize and watermark them, so if anything, the quality you see above is degraded.

" class="asset asset-image at-xid-6a00d83451c9ec69e201348381d777970c " src="http://pocketables.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c9ec69e201348381d777970c-800wi" title="Evo-macro-lens ( " border="0"> 

The macro images aren't perfect, sure, but considering that they were taken with nothing more than the HTC EVO 4G and a small magnetic macro lens, I'd say they're pretty amazing.

Back
Top Bottom