Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bros,

As most of you know, Verizon will be killing grandfathered unlimited data plans within the year.

My question is: If I upgrade now, will I be able to keep that unlimited plan for the next two years?

Originally Posted by sreggie101

galaxy-nexus-update-572x650.jpg

about @#@%*#* time they updated the phone... way too long.

My Sprint HTC Evo 4G is R.I.P.

Which phone do you guys recommend?

I was looking at the new HTC Evo LTE which is getting so so reviews.
or
A Nexus 4G off Craigslist for $80.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Bros,

As most of you know, Verizon will be killing grandfathered unlimited data plans within the year.

My question is: If I upgrade now, will I be able to keep that unlimited plan for the next two years?

I think so. Also I believe if you buy phones off contract you can keep your unlimited data. It'll be at least 3 times what you usually pay for a new phone though

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

or
Get the Ev0LTE bro, will not disappoint, thats where I'm goin *%%%. 
laugh.gif

Haven't seen many people mentioning the EVO LTE, maybe some still haven't received theirs due to the customs hold up. I was able to get my pre-ordered one from Best Buy on Friday. Simply put, it is amazing! The screen is awesome and the phone is fast and responsive. Wifi has been improved, and I was able to get as high as 20mbps at home. I'm overall impressed with the phone, and can barley put it down. The camera takes great pictures, and you can take stills while recording video. There is even a slow motion video mode. Hopefully the LTE network isn't too far off. Like Tets said, you won't be disappointed!

2hxr7fo.png

21dnzom.png

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Team Nexus
pimp.gif
. Running this Paranoid ROM and it is
eek.gif

Its nice huh i mentioned it a few pages back. any tips or dpi settings? im still working on mine im really hoping the note version updates soon i want that easy click to phone/tablet mode per app

I am still working on that as well. I have just been going through their thread trying to get ore info

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

or

If you plan on staying on Sprint, you might as well get an LTE phone.Wiimax is an outdated technology and is about to be deaded next year.

Sprint has 3 phones out with LTE. If you can't wait get the Galaxy Nexus

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

help me with eovoto font

ROBOTO FONT

Here you go, hope you know roboto font is the default font in ics.

oh man. i feel stupid and i probably am. this is my first smart phone. lol. i dont know what this rooted thing means.

also, i have to sign up w/ samsung to get my android updated or something?

Alchemist IQ wrote:

RunningFishy wrote:

help me with eovoto font

ROBOTO FONT

oh man. i feel stupid and i probably am. this is my first smart phone. lol. i dont know what this rooted thing means.

Rooting is basically hacking your phone so you can customize further, change things you don't like about stock and be in power of your own device while taking risk (Taking risk are good)
what phone do you have?

Alchemist IQ wrote:

ROBOTO FONT

Rooting is basically hacking your phone so you can customize further, change things you don't like about stock and be in power of your own device while taking risk (Taking risk are good)
what phone do you have?
Intl' Vers. Sam Gal-SII

I don't know too much about these types of things.  Oddly, this is all new to me.  But I do find it helpful, like the notes, and misc things they have these days.  I'm not too big on aesthetics, but would like to change the font.  The default only has 2, and the free DLs are weird.

Thanks

what phone do you have?
Intl' Vers. Sam Gal-SII

I don't know too much about these types of things.  Oddly, this is all new to me.  But I do find it helpful, like the notes, and misc things they have these days.  I'm not too big on aesthetics, but would like to change the font.  The default only has 2, and the free DLs are weird.

Thanks

http://forum.xda-develope.../forumdisplay.php?f=1055
just read around the forum, youll learn new stuff daily 

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Alchemist IQ wrote:

RunningFishy wrote:

what phone do you have?
Intl' Vers. Sam Gal-SII

Thanks

http://forum.xda-develope.../forumdisplay.php?f=1055
just read around the forum, youll learn new stuff daily 

Good choice for a 1st smartphone, cause millions have that phone. You'll find way more information than what you need. If you have any other questions pm me.

I'm stuck between the Galaxy Nexus, and Razr Maxx for my upgrade next week.

The battery life on the Razr is tempting but it just seems like the Nexus is a better phone. I dont know anything about androids so if someone would like to point me in the right direction i'd be forever grateful
smile.gif

Originally Posted by jeenewed

The battery life on the Razr is tempting but it just seems like the Nexus is a better phone. I dont know anything about androids so if someone would like to point me in the right direction i'd be forever grateful
smile.gif

Nexus for the operating system alone.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

smile.gif

Is it that much better? Man I can't handle my phone battery barely lasting a day like it is with my crackberry, cause I'm stuck with this phone for the whole 2 years more likely than not..

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

smile.gif

Is it that much better? Man I can't handle my phone battery barely lasting a day like it is with my crackberry, cause I'm stuck with this phone for the whole 2 years more likely than not..
Stay away from VZW

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Originally Posted by mrtito32

21dnzom.png

20 hour battery life?!?
eek.gif
Looks like you didnt even use the phone though, Standby and Phone Idle is at the top. The graph is also really flat 
laugh.gif
 Not saying its bad but it just looks like it was on a table for most of the time. Whats the screen on time?

So is my Verizon Galaxy Nexus locked? And if so, I need to unlock it in order to flash kernels right?

reboot into fastboot mode and you'll see if your device is locked or unlocked.  You can't flash kernels/ROMS if you're locked

Originally Posted by Regal Black

So is my Verizon Galaxy Nexus locked? And if so, I need to unlock it in order to flash kernels right?

reboot into fastboot mode and you'll see if your device is locked or unlocked.  You can't flash kernels/ROMS if you're locked

I am on a ROM right now so I am guessing that it is unlocked

Back
Top Bottom