• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

Ok so.....

I've missed you guys
laugh.gif
I need some advice. I'm looking to hop off Verizon (cost-cutting measure, over contracts) and I want to cop an unlocked/international phone.

I'm looking at either the Note or the Galaxy Nexus....now which company do you guys recommend going with? Where can I get decent service and still have data?

anyone? 
frown.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

PfPHN.png

Hmmm, i do have a upgrade on my frozen sprint account
nerd.gif
or should i go HSPA+ with no contract?
nerd.gif

Bro i know you love Samsung and everything but multiple tech blogs alah Engadget has already stated that either version of the One X is the better phone . You have a G-Nex it's not worth it
laugh.gif

I'm more impressed with the software in the GS3 than the HTC One series. It was design for humans and inspired by nature
laugh.gif
grin.gif
whatever that means, i have too many samsung devices
laugh.gif
for my own good. Im not looking to buy right away but just try it out. But a Nexus device will always reign supreme in my books.
Smart man 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Bro i know you love Samsung and everything but multiple tech blogs alah Engadget has already stated that either version of the One X is the better phone . You have a G-Nex it's not worth it
laugh.gif

I'm more impressed with the software in the GS3 than the HTC One series. It was design for humans and inspired by nature
laugh.gif
grin.gif
whatever that means, i have too many samsung devices
laugh.gif
for my own good. Im not looking to buy right away but just try it out. But a Nexus device will always reign supreme in my books.
Smart man 
smokin.gif
Guys the SGSIII and the One X are both amazing portable communication devices. It depends on what is important to you which decides what is personally better. Nexus are great as well. You really cannot lose with any of them. Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi.

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Originally Posted by MEXTEL310

anyone use a microcell tower (with AT&T)?

we have 0 cell reception with AT&T at our office so one of my coworkers got a microcell tower and it works great for a radius of 40 ft. The only problem is I'm located outside of the radius.

so I got a microcell tower too... but mine won't connect to my Galaxy Nexus.

I call AT&T tech support and they won't trouble shoot my GNex because "it's not an AT&T phone".

So after I got pissed at the girl on the phone... here I am on NT seeking wisdom.

it's really weird to me that I can walk 30 feet over and my phone will connect to his microcell but it won't work with mine. the tech support girl said I'm "lucky" that it works at all with this other tower.

any insight?
Maybe try changing your IMEI to an ATT phone like an Inspire 4g or something so it shows up as an ATT phone
Definitely - that's part of plan A... I'm going to get the microcell swapped out for a new one and bring my "old" inspire 4g with me just in case it still doesn't work.
odog24 wrote:
come in at midnight and switch ur coworkers tower with urs 

I'll keep that in my pocket as plan C 
laugh.gif

Thanks guys

Ok so.....

I've missed you guys
laugh.gif
I need some advice. I'm looking to hop off Verizon (cost-cutting measure, over contracts) and I want to cop an unlocked/international phone.

I'm looking at either the Note or the Galaxy Nexus....now which company do you guys recommend going with? Where can I get decent service and still have data?

anyone? 
frown.gif
nerd.gif
you can try simple talk, or tmobiles walmart plan

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Whats some good games for the android ...
try towers n trolls 

Keep your eyes open for deals on the Play Store randomly.  I got Modern Combat 3, Shadowgun, GTA 3 and Adrenaline 6 all for $.99.  Really liked MC3 once I got used to the controls.

Need to hold off & see AOSP/AOKP/CM9 on the GS III before I make a move.

Ok so.....

I've missed you guys
laugh.gif

anyone? 
frown.gif
nerd.gif

I have a Galaxy Nexus that I use on Simple Mobile. They use T-Mobile towers which means the service is average at best. But for $40 unlimited talk/text and 2GB of 3G data with no contract is a deal I couldn't refuse. H20 wireless has a similar deal but they use AT&T towers. Depending on whether At&T or T-Mobile is better in your town, I'd choose accordingly.

Originally Posted by gil23

Originally Posted by gil23

Is $265 a good price for a Verizon nexus?

Anyone? Thinking of closing this deal...phone is brand new btw
I would say yeah, that's a good price. to buy off contract from Google it's $400.
It's a good buy

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Explain.
Well, I use AT&Ts version of the GSII and I'm using Tasks AOKP Build 37, he has released a more current one, but since I've had good results with the one I'm currently using, I don't plan on switching just yet... and I'm using Fluxis XX ICS kernal. Nothing special besides tasks's rom and Fluxi's kernal

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

If I buy an unlocked from google play, Galaxy Nexus, all i have to do is put my sim card in right?

YessirI bought the international GSM model on Craigslist a few weeks ago. Put in the sim card and everything worked great.Thinking of selling your Amaze?

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

If I buy an unlocked from google play, Galaxy Nexus, all i have to do is put my sim card in right?

YessirI bought the international GSM model on Craigslist a few weeks ago. Put in the sim card and everything worked great.Thinking of selling your Amaze?
I would, but I promised it to my bro.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Explain.
He has Juice Defender. He has it turned on "Extreme" which basically turns everything but radio off. I have it too I've been trying to see how long my battery could last with it on max settings and this is where I'm at 

Like many of my AT&T brethren, I'm going back and forth between the One X a nd SGS3, I currently have the SGS. Both are great, either one will be an upgrade for me. I do think Samsung's design is a bit too safe. As for HTC, only 16GB and no removable battery...that's eh for me but not biggie.

I think in terms of ROM dev., Samsung has a stronger following and they know they do. That's what I really have my eye on. I get to upgrade my phone in Oct so I'll have plenty of time to think this out

Back
Top Bottom