• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

so the person who i bought my white evo off of on craigslist had it rooted i guess? cause it has clockworks
and when i try to update to 2.3 it wont let me..
i tried to unroot it. but it says that the rom im trying to install is older than what i have or something

what can i do?
should i take it to sprint and have them fix it for me
do i claim it lost and have sprint send me a new one but pay the 100?
http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=780141 this is what I used.
thats what i used too, it says that the rom im trying to install is old or something

x2_67b276f

Inspire 4g running MIUI

[h4]Samsung shows affection to CyanogenMod, gives its devs a free Galaxy S II[/h4]
By Brad Molen   posted Jun 8th 2011 2:02AM

Let's see if we're grokking this: Samsung is not only telling the dev community it's okay to place custom ROMs on its flagship device, it's actually encouraging the practice by handing out free phones? Atinm, the developer responsible for prepping CyanogenMod on the Captivate and Vibrant, took to Twitter to praise the manufacturer for sending him a free Galaxy S II. From the looks of it, Samsung sent the phone to a select number of devs intent on building an official release of CM7 for the GSII. Unlocking bootloaders has already become the new fancy with manufacturers like HTCMotorola, and Sony Ericsson jumping on the bandwagon, but this is the first time we've heard of a company doling out free devices to the custom ROM community. Does this mean that, instead of enforcing TouchWiz with an iron fist, Samsung is looking at how this practice could actually benefit consumers? We doubt this will be the case for all of the company's future Android phones, but wouldn't you love to live in a world where it was?

pimp.gif

[h4]Samsung shows affection to CyanogenMod, gives its devs a free Galaxy S II[/h4]
By Brad Molen   posted Jun 8th 2011 2:02AM

Let's see if we're grokking this: Samsung is not only telling the dev community it's okay to place custom ROMs on its flagship device, it's actually encouraging the practice by handing out free phones? Atinm, the developer responsible for prepping CyanogenMod on the Captivate and Vibrant, took to Twitter to praise the manufacturer for sending him a free Galaxy S II. From the looks of it, Samsung sent the phone to a select number of devs intent on building an official release of CM7 for the GSII. Unlocking bootloaders has already become the new fancy with manufacturers like HTCMotorola, and Sony Ericsson jumping on the bandwagon, but this is the first time we've heard of a company doling out free devices to the custom ROM community. Does this mean that, instead of enforcing TouchWiz with an iron fist, Samsung is looking at how this practice could actually benefit consumers? We doubt this will be the case for all of the company's future Android phones, but wouldn't you love to live in a world where it was?

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

x2_67b276f

Inspire 4g running MIUI
You didnt even use the phone
laugh.gif
good standby time though
I made some calls, played some games and sent some text, I just wanted to see how it would be underclocking it to 245mhz when the screen is off, cause I noticed prior I`d burn battery when not using the phone

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

x2_67b276f

Inspire 4g running MIUI
You didnt even use the phone
laugh.gif
good standby time though
I made some calls, played some games and sent some text, I just wanted to see how it would be underclocking it to 245mhz when the screen is off, cause I noticed prior I`d burn battery when not using the phone

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

For you T-mobile dudes
Ive been calling around to Targets and Walmarts...I even called their distribution centers...

Is the phone coming out on the 12th or the 15th?!? I just need an answer...

For you T-mobile dudes
Ive been calling around to Targets and Walmarts...I even called their distribution centers...

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

For you T-mobile dudes

LOL thats not big of a difference dude.... T-Mo stores already have their demo models in so it should be out with in a week, 2 weeks MAX

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

For you T-mobile dudes

LOL thats not big of a difference dude.... T-Mo stores already have their demo models in so it should be out with in a week, 2 weeks MAX

Thinking about copping that Galaxy Tab 10.1 when it released nationwide next week!! Might just be Android's best alternative to iPad

Thinking about copping that Galaxy Tab 10.1 when it released nationwide next week!! Might just be Android's best alternative to iPad

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

might be a dumb question---but is EVERYTHING on the Evo 3D in 3D? Or is that something that can be toggled on and off.

I don't think everything is 3D but regardless, the beauty about the Evo 3D is that you can turn the 3D on and off.  Option is always good 
smokin.gif

However, I'm not sure if I'm getting the Evo 3D or the Samsung S II for Sprint.

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

might be a dumb question---but is EVERYTHING on the Evo 3D in 3D? Or is that something that can be toggled on and off.

I don't think everything is 3D but regardless, the beauty about the Evo 3D is that you can turn the 3D on and off.  Option is always good 
smokin.gif

However, I'm not sure if I'm getting the Evo 3D or the Samsung S II for Sprint.

so the person who i bought my white evo off of on craigslist had it rooted i guess? cause it has clockworks
i tried to unroot it. but it says that the rom im trying to install is older than what i have or something

what can i do?
Honestly, if you're rooted then download rom manager from the market.  Now locate cyanogenmod 7.0.3.1 from rom manager then download and install it.

what can i do?
Honestly, if you're rooted then download rom manager from the market.  Now locate cyanogenmod 7.0.3.1 from rom manager then download and install it.

Back
Top Bottom