• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Syncing? I don't know what might be syncing on my phone; my gmail is set to get mail every hour (is that too often?!?, HA!), nothing else really syncs.

My phone is not rooted, btw.

Here are the widgets I have on my home screen:
-Task Manager
-Battery Monitor
-Brightness Level
-Calendar
-Clock / Date
-Weather
-Espn Video

I've tried turning gps off for a day as well and that didn't help much.

I don't even use this phone too much throughout the day, I use my work cell phone most of the day. I'm going to turn off all of my widgets to see if it lasts any longer today.

Maybe I got a refurbished joint (although I got it from the sprint store, brand new in sealed box, some gamestop type !$+# might have been going on,
laugh.gif
) when I bought it because the phone came with a Rashida Jones wallpaper in a dropbox folder in the photo gallery (or is that stock?)
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks for any input.

ESPN is prolly killing ur %%%*. I know even the ESPN scorecenter widget kills battery really fast. Ive never tried the video widget. But I would assume its similar. It is almost constantly refreshing. Your better off just having a bookmark to the ESPN mobile homepage.

Other than that, I keep my brightness on auto and that works pretty good. Delete the taskmanager, Android hasnt needed it since FROYO came out. The earlier Android Operating Systems needed it. But the new ones do a really good job of managing what apps are running and taking up ram. And the Gmail shouldnt be a problem because mine is set to push so I get it as soon as it comes in.

Other than that you should be good. Im guessing your not rooted so you wont have Kernel/Rom changes that help with battery. But You should easily get 10hrs on the battery. I know I used to get decent battery stock when I first got the phone. But I cant tell you the exact time since its been so long since I wasnt rooted.

ESPN is prolly killing ur %%%*. I know even the ESPN scorecenter widget kills battery really fast. Ive never tried the video widget. But I would assume its similar. It is almost constantly refreshing. Your better off just having a bookmark to the ESPN mobile homepage.

Other than that, I keep my brightness on auto and that works pretty good. Delete the taskmanager, Android hasnt needed it since FROYO came out. The earlier Android Operating Systems needed it. But the new ones do a really good job of managing what apps are running and taking up ram. And the Gmail shouldnt be a problem because mine is set to push so I get it as soon as it comes in.

Other than that you should be good. Im guessing your not rooted so you wont have Kernel/Rom changes that help with battery. But You should easily get 10hrs on the battery. I know I used to get decent battery stock when I first got the phone. But I cant tell you the exact time since its been so long since I wasnt rooted.

seems like ICS or 4.0 is doin terrible with the roll out............

am i wrong though android fans?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

no, you hit it on the head.
the slow roll outs are making me less of a fan of android
30t6p3b.gif
i'm a nexus s 4g owner. i got it thinking i'd be kinda "first in line" for updates but haven't seen +!% and other phones are getting anything either.

and if they're talkin about releasing 5.0 soon... i guess i don't get it. is the iphone in my future? i'm not a fanboy either way, just want a phone that is functional and fits my daily needs and my phone's been crashing and laggy and +!%. we'll see what happens.

no, you hit it on the head.
the slow roll outs are making me less of a fan of android
30t6p3b.gif
i'm a nexus s 4g owner. i got it thinking i'd be kinda "first in line" for updates but haven't seen +!% and other phones are getting anything either.

and if they're talkin about releasing 5.0 soon... i guess i don't get it. is the iphone in my future? i'm not a fanboy either way, just want a phone that is functional and fits my daily needs and my phone's been crashing and laggy and +!%. we'll see what happens.

In regards to what exactly? Official releases?

To be honest I couldnt care less about official releases because since owning an android I havnt run a stock Rom for more than a couple weeks. If I was really amped about ICS I could have had it for about 2 months now. But if your phone has a good dev community you already have ICS if you want it.

Official releases are tough because there are so many different phones and they all have different framework. Im sure they are working on all the phones at the same time. But like I said if you really want ICS then you can more than likely have it by now on your phone.

So yea as far as official releases it hasnt been extremely successful so far. But on the other hand ICS is based off hardware that current phones dont have. And they eliminate capacitive buttons which pretty much all current android phones have right now. So it doesnt make a whole lot of sense to get the upgrades.

In regards to what exactly? Official releases?

To be honest I couldnt care less about official releases because since owning an android I havnt run a stock Rom for more than a couple weeks. If I was really amped about ICS I could have had it for about 2 months now. But if your phone has a good dev community you already have ICS if you want it.

Official releases are tough because there are so many different phones and they all have different framework. Im sure they are working on all the phones at the same time. But like I said if you really want ICS then you can more than likely have it by now on your phone.

So yea as far as official releases it hasnt been extremely successful so far. But on the other hand ICS is based off hardware that current phones dont have. And they eliminate capacitive buttons which pretty much all current android phones have right now. So it doesnt make a whole lot of sense to get the upgrades.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

For you samsung galaxy sII owners, how long does your battery last?

Do you have any tips on making the battery last longer? I close out of apps all the time; I leave 4G on, but I'm connected to wifi most of the day so that takes precedence and the 4G gets turned off automatically when connected to wifi. I've tried those auto task killers, the battery is even worse when that's running it seems. Last night, I decided to go to sleep with the phone at 100% (unplugged from the wall) and I woke up 6 hours later to find it at 66%... I closed out of all the apps before I went to sleep last night too.

My battery is straight crap...
nerd.gif
Yeah, sometimes my phone dies really quickly. I just let the battery drain out completely and then recharge it. After that, the battery works like normal.

For you samsung galaxy sII owners, how long does your battery last?

Do you have any tips on making the battery last longer? I close out of apps all the time; I leave 4G on, but I'm connected to wifi most of the day so that takes precedence and the 4G gets turned off automatically when connected to wifi. I've tried those auto task killers, the battery is even worse when that's running it seems. Last night, I decided to go to sleep with the phone at 100% (unplugged from the wall) and I woke up 6 hours later to find it at 66%... I closed out of all the apps before I went to sleep last night too.

My battery is straight crap...
nerd.gif
Yeah, sometimes my phone dies really quickly. I just let the battery drain out completely and then recharge it. After that, the battery works like normal.

^Completely draining my battery and then fully charging it does nothing for me. =(

A lot of times, I don't even drain it intentionally, it just dies on me. Maybe I'll get a new battery or something.

^Completely draining my battery and then fully charging it does nothing for me. =(

A lot of times, I don't even drain it intentionally, it just dies on me. Maybe I'll get a new battery or something.

Yeah, if you don't want to root it, hopefully a new battery will fix the problem.

Yeah, if you don't want to root it, hopefully a new battery will fix the problem.

Yeah, I guess it makes sense that the ESPN video feed widget is constantly looking for updates and might drains the battery faster. But wouldn't the same hold true to my weather widget? That's always looking for updates too, right? Or maybe it doesn't update as fast as ESPN does. Will try a combination of things to see if my battery holds any better.

Thanks!

Yeah, I guess it makes sense that the ESPN video feed widget is constantly looking for updates and might drains the battery faster. But wouldn't the same hold true to my weather widget? That's always looking for updates too, right? Or maybe it doesn't update as fast as ESPN does. Will try a combination of things to see if my battery holds any better.

Thanks!

As much as I want a Galaxy Nexus, I think I'm gonna wait for the Galaxy S3. 16gb of memory is not enough for me as I really want to use my phone as a music player. Hopefully it's released soon because I need a new phone right now.

As much as I want a Galaxy Nexus, I think I'm gonna wait for the Galaxy S3. 16gb of memory is not enough for me as I really want to use my phone as a music player. Hopefully it's released soon because I need a new phone right now.

Thanks!

Nah weather is usually updated like every hour or so I even set mine to every 2 or 4 hours. It doesnt need to be refreshing like that. I can tell what its doing outside. The ESPN app is prolly every 10-15 minutes looking for new video for you. Plus it is a lot more info than displaying some weather info.

Thanks!

Nah weather is usually updated like every hour or so I even set mine to every 2 or 4 hours. It doesnt need to be refreshing like that. I can tell what its doing outside. The ESPN app is prolly every 10-15 minutes looking for new video for you. Plus it is a lot more info than displaying some weather info.

Originally Posted by Mister916

So tempted to get the Galaxy Nexus.
Me too man. I'm about to pull the trigger. I read that the SG3 might be delayed. The only thing that bothers me about the GN is no memory card and lackluster camera. Otherwise, I might cop today..

Originally Posted by Mister916

So tempted to get the Galaxy Nexus.
Me too man. I'm about to pull the trigger. I read that the SG3 might be delayed. The only thing that bothers me about the GN is no memory card and lackluster camera. Otherwise, I might cop today..

Back
Top Bottom