• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've said it at least 3 or 4 times in the past on here, but tech journalism is one of the basest forms of journalism ever created. I think Hitler's propaganda machine had more legitimacy.

Most of these tech writers probably couldn't even get hired by PerezHilton.
It's because these companies cling to whatever's popular since broadcasting on YouTube/the Internet is their only means of making money.

New Surface Book is one slick looking device, but they priced me out of buying one

Last edited:
I'm still having trouble with this maybe I'm just an idiot and don't understand this. In my case I'm on a family plan, 4 phones monthly bill $200 for 8gb data with Verizon. Paid 200+tax for all the phones on the plan. Once the contract is up the price of the plan isn't changing so how exactly am I paying the extra cost?
Yeah man. You can do 4 lines at T-Mo with 3GB each line for $120/month + tax (no phone). If the phones you have are iPhones then get them unlocked and threaten to leave Verizon after your contract is up. They'll probably give you a better deal. :lol:

Fellas, convince me to stay Android.

After about a year my Note 4 took a **** and now I'm waiting on my replacement phone (refurbished 
eyes.gif
). It had never gave me any issues and loved it, until recently when the phone would reboot itself constantly, freeze, function slow, and would overheat so much, getting random android bot "downloading now....do not turn off", and now finally it won't even turn on at all. Even after fully up to date on software.

Point being, with so much buggy functions and weird issues I'm not sure I want to put up with that if androids act that way. I already had the Sony Xperia Z1 before this (hated it) and Samsung Note 4 now. By the way TMobile is my carrier and really don't want to hop onto an iPhone as I use to have a 4s like 2 years ago and burnt the motherboard once and battery life sucked compared to the Note. :lol:

If you live in Central Texas and switch to Verizon or add a line on the XXL 18 GB plan you don't pay for line access for 12 months

So you can have up to 10 phones and only pay $100 for a year.

If you have a company discount you get it off the $100 bucks.

My pops is now paying $75+tax for 4 lines and 18 GB. :wow:

If you live in Central Texas and switch to Verizon or add a line on the XXL 18 GB plan you don't pay for line access for 12 months

My pops is now paying $75+tax for 4 lines and 18 GB. :wow:

damn wish we could get that out here in socal. just curious, why is that a central texas thing only?

After about a year my Note 4 took a **** and now I'm waiting on my replacement phone (refurbished :rolleyes ). It had never gave me any issues and loved it, until recently when the phone would reboot itself constantly, freeze, function slow, and would overheat so much, getting random android bot "downloading now....do not turn off", and now finally it won't even turn on at all. Even after fully up to date on software.

Point being, with so much buggy functions and weird issues I'm not sure I want to put up with that if androids act that way. I already had the Sony Xperia Z1 before this (hated it) and Samsung Note 4 now. By the way TMobile is my carrier and really don't want to hop onto an iPhone as I use to have a 4s like 2 years ago and burnt the motherboard once and battery life sucked compared to the Note. :lol:

Honestly phones are going to have some hiccups.

I've owned Samsung, 2 nexus's, and currently have an HTC and all have had bugs. Obviously some phones are worse than others. I've been hearing iphones also have bugs

After about a year my Note 4 took a **** and now I'm waiting on my replacement phone (refurbished :rolleyes ). It had never gave me any issues and loved it, until recently when the phone would reboot itself constantly, freeze, function slow, and would overheat so much, getting random android bot "downloading now....do not turn off", and now finally it won't even turn on at all. Even after fully up to date on software.

Honestly phones are going to have some hiccups.

I've owned Samsung, 2 nexus's, and currently have an HTC and all have had bugs. Obviously some phones are worse than others. I've been hearing iphones also have bugs

In my experience, the bugs always seem to stem more from skins on top of the OS. You have an OS that's going to have bugs due to natural human error. These bugs haven't been exposed, and yet another group of humans decide to put more code on top of the code w/ bugs, though unbeknownst to them.

Now the code they put on the bugged code also has bugs, again, due to natural human error.

It really makes no sense to me.

Going to cop a 6p, my m8 has done me well but I'm ready for that large screen experience.

Funny thing is I found my nexus 1 while cleaning the other day, man I'm not even sure how I got down on that small screen lol.

My pops is now paying $75+tax for 4 lines and 18 GB.
eek.gif
Really? Might be me and my wife time to switch. how long is this gonna go on for?

Using marshmallowmy nexus 5 and I am really liking it. Could only imagine how it is on the newer devices. I really want that 6P now.

Ordered my 6P today. Can't wait for it and I'll be getting rid of my N6 the day after it gets delivered :pimp:

Got a 64GB Graphite

Last edited:
Iono about anyone else in here but that v10 looked fire to me :lol: Maybe it was their promo that had me hype. But I don't trust LG

Cracked my screen. :smh:

Called T-Mobile/Assurant to make an insurance claim and they told me that they were completely out of 32GB Nexus 6 devices. They've been told not to send out any other phones as a replacement, so the rep told me my only options are to either 1. Use my JUMP Upgrade to a phone now (recommended the S6 :x ) or 2. Keep using my current N6 until a phone I want arrives in stores and use my upgrade then. No replacements.

Told the rep that only phone I'm interested in is the Nexus 6P, which won't be sold by carriers in the US. He said good luck. :lol:

Y u do dis to me basedgod

:smh:

Last edited:
wow. that's why carrier-bought phones are a scam and so are insurance plans.

really makes no sense to get insurance on something you can afford to replace with cash. they calculate everything out so they'll make a profit. then again if you're error-prone it might make sense.

Ended up getting the 6s+ and switched to my family's plan on AT&T from T-Mobile. So far it's a slick phone, but I'm struggling to get adjusted to no back button and I miss my Google Keyboard :frown:

Nah son, I'm already used to coming in here for all my tech needs and rants. I will continue to make this thread my home

yeah yeah that's why I can't rock with carrier insurance. I usually never need them, and when I do need them they are no help

Last edited:
That's grimy how they did son. I'm sure that can be escalated and spin in your favor. It won't be easy but they are clearly trying to screw you royally.

Iono about anyone else in here but that v10 looked fire to me :lol: Maybe it was their promo that had me hype. But I don't trust LG

LG is like the Hyundai of cell phone brands. Got a bad rap early on but the newer editions are impressive. V10=Hyundai genesis

Back
Top Bottom