• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It really depends on if you want/care about faster updates or not. Yes, those phones are out or coming out, but they probably won't see an update until a year or so out.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really depends on if you want/care about faster updates or not. Yes, those phones are out or coming out, but they probably won't see an update until a year or so out.

Why should I care about updates? Is the android OS buggy or something?

Price is no option to me. I'm willing to shell out money if the phone is worth it.

Specs? I just want a fast phone, with great storage (I take tons of pictures/videos, and store music), I've gotten used to the battery on the 6 plus. Also, camera should be nice.

My LG V10 hits those marks and the V20 looks to be solid as well.

Depends on your price point. If you want a solid phone, and are used to the updates like Apple rolls out, look into the Nexus 6P. If updates aren't a big deal to you, then you can look into your Galaxy devices, Moto family through Motorola, and there are others. Honestly, you might be a little overwhelmed at the device offerings within the Android ecosystem as opposed to Apple who has only one phone.

My suggestion is at least let us know what you're looking for in a device as far as specs, storage, battery, etc.
Price is no option to me. I'm willing to shell out money if the phone is worth it.

Specs? I just want a fast phone, with great storage (I take tons of pictures/videos, and store music), I've gotten used to the battery on the 6 plus. Also, camera should be nice.
I think a Note 7 would be a great phone for you. Best screen on the market, and arguably the premier camera on the market as well. Since you use a 6 Plus, the size of the Note won't be a problem for you either. It starts at 64GB and you can upgrade the storage to 1TB via SD card. It's a fast phone as well, although Samsung has an iffy track record when it comes to slowing down over time. 

LG V20 might be a good option as well if you can wait. It has all the same features as the Note 7 (great camera, expandable storage, Quad HD screen) as well as a Hi-Fi DAC for music and a removable battery. I believe it comes out the 21st of October. It's a little bigger than the 6 Plus but I am considering it for my personal phone and I have a 6s Plus right now

Despite the PR nightmare Sammy has experienced the last month, the Note 7 and Galaxy 7 Edge are still probably the best devices on the market. TouchWiz isn't as intrusive as many lead you to believe, plus the best camera and one of the best battery life on the market. Expandable memory is back as well, currently have 300+ GB of memory on my non-nuke Note 7.

Isn't that phone already a year old? Why should I get a 6P if there's a Note 7 and Galaxy S8 coming out?

Note 7 or V20

Axxon 7 if u want something cheaper ($399.99) with great speakers, screen, and great DAC. Only downside is the camera isn't that good

All of what these guys are are saying above.. Note 7, LG V20 if money isn't an issue.

ZTE Axon 7.. Like mentioned above is basically up there with the flagship phones except its only $400.

Moto Z is dope too because of the mods you can add to the back of the phone. The mods cost extra but if money ain't a problem then it's w/e. Only on Verizon for now though until next month or something.

No optical image stabilization on either the Pixel or the XL

Also for $69, I would rather get the Xioami Mi Box vs the Chromecast Ultra. If I can sideload apps onto it like Kodi it is a steal at that price. Only issue is I don't think it supports ethernet  

Last edited:
Can't go wrong with either of these

Galaxy s7 edge
Note 7
V10 or V20

All are great phones in every way, cameras are top top, battery life is great on the Samsung. Can't comment on the V series but they have remove batteries so it shouldn't be a problem. They also have expandable storage so space for pics and vids wouldn't be an issue

I'd love to recommend the nexus 6p and the one plus 3 but since you need as much storage as you can get they don't have expandable. They are both under 400 dollars though

No optical image stabilization on either the Pixel or the XL

Also for $69, I would rather get the Xioami Mi Box vs the Chromecast Ultra. If I can sideload apps onto it like Kodi it is a steal at that price. Only issue is I don't think it supports ethernet  

They had a demo of the OIS

Quick question about the Google Wifi

If I were to buy the three pack... The Main puck will be the router that I run the ethernet port into and the other 2 are just hubs that will boost my signal in whatever area of the house i put them correct? I only have 1 ethernet wire and dont want to run any throughout my house but would like a stronger signal in my bedroom and basement

Quick question about the Google Wifi

If I were to buy the three pack... The Main puck will be the router that I run the ethernet port into and the other 2 are just hubs that will boost my signal in whatever area of the house i put them correct? I only have 1 ethernet wire and dont want to run any throughout my house but would like a stronger signal in my bedroom and basement
That is correct. One router, two extenders. 

First time lurker and poster in this thread.

I've been an iPhone user since the 3G and now looking to make the switch to Android. There isn't any particular reason why I want to make the switch, just looking for some change. Never really used an Android phone and wanted to see what it was like. I had my eyes set on the Note 7 before the recall was announced and now not sure which phone to go with. I've been using an iPhone 6 Plus since it's release and have grown accustomed to the large screen. At first, i dreaded how large the phone was, especially when inside my pocket. But it's become something I hardly ever notice anymore.

I've been hearing a lot of things about the Galaxy S8 edge and it seems like something I'd be interested in. But now with the announcement of the Google Pixel, this brings another option to the table.

What do you guys recommend? I mainly use my phone for texting, making calls, playing games (Clash of Clans, AdCap etc), streaming videos via YouTube, and reading news articles. I also use my phone as a source to play music. I do not stream music, but I do syncing my music library to my phone.

What would you guys recommend?
nexus2cee_pixel-adapter-728x450.png

https://madeby.google.com/phone/switch/

Nexus 6P still running but try smooth. Would never go back to Samsung.

Moto X makes solid devices but they don't want to update their devices.

Back
Top Bottom