Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Note 8? :nerd:

Get a tpu case from Amazon a clear one to be exact. A lot of different brands out there for cheap. The case is very minimal and not bulky at all and doesn't take away from the phone.

Verizon LG G6 on sell for $288 @bestbuy

Same DPP deal like the pixel and Moto z from this last holiday season if anyone is interested

Last edited:
Exclusive: this is the Essential Phone
ph_1_color_white_moon_copy.1496137703.png

The Essential Phone, brought to us by the person who created Android, is finally ready for the spotlight. It’s an incredibly audacious and ambitious project, with an outlandish screen and the beginnings of a modular ecosystem.

First, the Android phone basics: the Essential Phone costs $699 with top-of-the-line specs and features. As you can see above, it prominently features an edge-to-edge display that one-ups even the Samsung Galaxy S8 by bringing it all the way to the the top of the phone, wrapping around the front-facing selfie camera.

It’s a unique take on a big screen that makes the phone stand out — and it’s smart, too. Often, the status bar at the top of an Android phone doesn’t fill that middle space with icons, so it’s efficient. The screen does leave some bezel at the bottom of the phone, but nevertheless it’s as close to the whole front of a phone being display as I’ve seen.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/30/15711170/essential-phone-announcement-price-android-andy-rubin

Essential Phone looks really nice. That dip in the screen looks really weird but I'm sure it'd be easy to get used to. Like the article says, that area of the screen usually isn't used anyway.

Essential Phone looks really nice. That dip in the screen looks really weird but I'm sure it'd be easy to get used to. Like the article says, that area of the screen usually isn't used anyway.

Yea the dip is weird. I guess message ticker may not be an option nor centering the clock. Not the biggest deals

No headphone jack? Water/dust resistance? Wireless charging? :smh:

This along with the price tag and no SD card slot are working against the phone. I have yet to have a wireless charging, water resistant phone so I'm used to not having that so it doesn't stand out to me too much. But when you're trying to compete against the best....welp

May 2017 Security Patch Hitting Galaxy Note 4 & Note Edge

Samsung  Electronics started distributing the May Android Security Update  for unlocked variants of the Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge. The Galaxy Note 4 is receiving the firmware version N910FXXU1DQE2, while the Galaxy Note Edge is being updated with the build number N915FYXXS1DQE1. The South Korean consumer electronics manufacturer reportedly started rolling out the patch over the weekend and is initially only targeting European countries. The new software package is being distributed as an over-the-air (OTA) update that’s launching in a staged manner and likely won’t be available for all compatible devices for at least several more days. Both the Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge will periodically scan for the patch and notify their owners about its availability through a push notification, prompting them to download the new software package. Users are also able to scan for the update manually by opening the Settings app on their devices, navigating to the “About phone” section and tapping the option to search for software updates on the following screen. This course of action will trigger the download, provided that one is already available in your territory.

The May 2017 security patch for the Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge is approximately 345MB in size, with Samsung recommending that the update is downloaded over a Wi-Fi connection. Likewise, users are encouraged to charge their devices before triggering the installation procedure or at least leave them plugged in to avoid any potential complications that could be incurred in scenarios in which their handsets shut down during the update. Apart from 65 vulnerability fixes — 11 of which were made by Samsung — the latest software package for the Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge doesn’t bring any major improvements.

The Seoul-based tech giant is unlikely to ever release another major Android upgrade for its 2014 Galaxy Note-series devices, both of which are still running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, having originally launched with Android 4.4.4 KitKat two and a half years ago. Most Galaxy Note 5 units have already received or are in the process of receiving Android 7.0 Nougat, while the upcoming Galaxy Note 8 is expected to ship with either the 7.0 or 7.1 version of Google’s ubiquitous operating system. More details on Samsung’s mobile software efforts are expected to be available in the coming weeks.

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4-Edge-May-2017-Security-Update-Patch.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone running into issues with "OK Google" detection on their S8/+? Rebooting seems to fix the issue but it's only a matter of time until the voice detection stops working again. I must've trained and retrained the voice model 5+ times this morning.

Haven't checked it out but they have a website and I know there was a pop-up a while back that mentioned going ad free but ignored it

If they add a playlist option I really won't need anything else. Same with Netflix and Hulu

Samsung running a trade in deal right now for the s8 /s8+. $300 instant trade value for note 5, $350 for s7 edge

Would rather buy the S8 on Swappa and sell my S7e there

Some people bout that trade in lyfe *shrug

Either way, pretty hassle free way to upgrade your phone. Especially for someone with a note 5, they selling for less than 300 for the most part now

Back
Top Bottom