• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just copped the Note 20 Ultra. Clean so far. Verizon has a promo that I didn't know about. Traded in the note 8 and received 400 of over the price of the payment plan, bringing it to 900. Not too bad. My only hope is that I don't spend so much time on here that it burns into the screen.

Edit: the most clutch new feature by far is the on screen fingerprint reader. No more reaching to the back of the phone for the small sensor and getting denied multiple times.

Also just realized that flashing notification alerts are a thing of the past now. No big deal.

On the bad side, it seems like the front camera is blurry. I think it's bc the front camera takes a while to focus. I see other people saying this online as well. Not a huge deal bc I rarely take pics.
On screen fingerprint scanner is hella clutch :smokin

Just copped the Note 20 Ultra
tenor.gif

In the gallery app while watching a video, there used to be a button that allowed you to make a gif. I swear it comes and goes. It was there literally yesterday now it's gone. I noticed that with my other phone.

shocked to see that MKBHD named the S20 FE the phone of the year. And this is coming from someone who has the FE :lol:. It's a cool phone and all but I do still miss my S10+

I had the S10+ and now have the S20 Ultra. I miss my S10+.

Wish I could've returned the S20 Ultra but it was part of the trial program Samsung does for 50% off. Didn't want to go through the hassle.

If any of you guys are genuinely interested in 50% off the next gen S series, I can put you on the list. They'll email you a survey, and if you fit their demographics, they'll send you an offer.

1609955508263.png

Wish I could've returned the S20 Ultra but it was part of the trial program Samsung does for 50% off. Didn't want to go through the hassle.

If any of you guys are genuinely interested in 50% off the next gen S series, I can put you on the list. They'll email you a survey, and if you fit their demographics, they'll send you an offer.

1609955508263.png

What dont you like about the s20 ultra that would make you want to go back to the S10+?

1609955508263.png
I'm interested for sure.

What dont you like about the s20 ultra that would make you want to go back to the S10+?

Footprint is huge and it's heavy af. I'm one of them dudes with a Popsocket cause I can't hold it comfortably with one hand. The S10+ felt great in the hand. YMMV though, I think I have average sized hands. It may work better for you folks with Kawhi hands.

The autofocus on the camera is crap. The S10+'s autofocus is smart enough to know what I wanted in focus and I just need to tap the shutter button to snap the pic. The S20 Ultra doesn't do that. Even when I tap to focus, it'll focus on the object I want and a second later go off focus. Sometimes when I tap to focus it focuses on something else. The 30x and 100x zoom isn't really useful either. Quality is pretty poor on those modes.

All of the "upgrades" are really minor and either not noticeable or useless.

Footprint is huge and it's heavy af. I'm one of them dudes with a Popsocket cause I can't hold it comfortably with one hand. The S10+ felt great in the hand. YMMV though, I think I have average sized hands. It may work better for you folks with Kawhi hands.

The autofocus on the camera is crap. The S10+'s autofocus is smart enough to know what I wanted in focus and I just need to tap the shutter button to snap the pic. The S20 Ultra doesn't do that. Even when I tap to focus, it'll focus on the object I want and a second later go off focus. Sometimes when I tap to focus it focuses on something else. The 30x and 100x zoom isn't really useful either. Quality is pretty poor on those modes.

All of the "upgrades" are really minor and either not noticeable or useless.
I agree its the camera especially in those in between ranges from 2-5x. I do love the Ultra though especially after the 11 update it is much smoother.

Back
Top Bottom