Wait, How isn't Andy Pettitte a HOF'er?

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

He was lucky to play on those championship Yankees teams. Dude was never one of the main reasons that they won. His numbers are unimpressive. And the only difference between him and Clemens is that he admitted his guilt. If all those Roids and HGH guys didn't get in, he shouldn't either.

The winningest pitcher in post season history, the majority of which was spent with the Yankees, wasn't one of the reasons they won?
laugh.gif

Though I'm a Yankees fan, Pettitte is a borderline HoFer at best even if he didn't use PEDs.

Andy Pettitte = Very good, clutch postseason pitcher - Yes

Andy Pettitte = HoFer - No

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

He was lucky to play on those championship Yankees teams. Dude was never one of the main reasons that they won. His numbers are unimpressive. And the only difference between him and Clemens is that he admitted his guilt. If all those Roids and HGH guys didn't get in, he shouldn't either.

The winningest pitcher in post season history, the majority of which was spent with the Yankees, wasn't one of the reasons they won?
laugh.gif

Though I'm a Yankees fan, Pettitte is a borderline HoFer at best even if he didn't use PEDs.

Andy Pettitte = Very good, clutch postseason pitcher - Yes

Andy Pettitte = HoFer - No

No 300 Wins

His postseason wins are skewed because he played a lot more games than other pitchers did.

He had a good long career, but it's not HOF quality. See Jack Morris.

No 300 Wins

His postseason wins are skewed because he played a lot more games than other pitchers did.

He had a good long career, but it's not HOF quality. See Jack Morris.

Playoff stats are skewed towards the new generation of players because of the addition of the wildcard. I'm sick of hearing about that.

Playoff stats are skewed towards the new generation of players because of the addition of the wildcard. I'm sick of hearing about that.

Wasn't like he pitched over his head and was on some Cliff Lee level in the playoffs... He was what he was. He basically pitched a full season worth of playoff games and he wasn't markedly better in the postseason than he was in the regular season...

Wasn't like he pitched over his head and was on some Cliff Lee level in the playoffs... He was what he was. He basically pitched a full season worth of playoff games and he wasn't markedly better in the postseason than he was in the regular season...

He himself admitted in his retirement press conference that he isn't HOF-worthy.

So there you have it.
grin.gif

He himself admitted in his retirement press conference that he isn't HOF-worthy.

So there you have it.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom