Wale=Diva Vol. Yes I'm Mad

http://www.ruwhim.com/201...shined-by-his-diva-ways/
Wale's Showmanship Outshined by his Diva Ways

by Mike Andrews

By the time Wale took the stage around 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday night, the night was already growing old for everyone involved with putting on the show. Opener Ryan Williams’ 20 minute set was only received well by the sold-out crowd during his shout-outs to Radford University since he is a 2010 graduate from here. Backstage, the wait was growing long for Wale to actually show up to the show, even though he made a brief appearance before.

The DC rapper showed up at 7 p.m. thinking that was his set time; he was less than pleased when he saw no one in the crowd and let out a string of obscenities once he was informed that doors did not even open until 7:30 p.m. He then abruptly left the Preston Auditorium and his manager informed the staff that he would be back by his set time.

While the wait for Wale continued, Black Cobain came out and kept the crowd energized through his 20 something minute set, which included a tribute to Kurt Cobain, whom his stage name is derived from. Black Cobain was polite to the press and was taken aback when told that the show sold out in less than seven hours. He also had nothing but praise for the headliner, Wale, who has put him in the spotlight—most recently on his latest mixtape “More About Nothing.

http://www.ruwhim.com/201...shined-by-his-diva-ways/
Wale's Showmanship Outshined by his Diva Ways

by Mike Andrews

By the time Wale took the stage around 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday night, the night was already growing old for everyone involved with putting on the show. Opener Ryan Williams’ 20 minute set was only received well by the sold-out crowd during his shout-outs to Radford University since he is a 2010 graduate from here. Backstage, the wait was growing long for Wale to actually show up to the show, even though he made a brief appearance before.

The DC rapper showed up at 7 p.m. thinking that was his set time; he was less than pleased when he saw no one in the crowd and let out a string of obscenities once he was informed that doors did not even open until 7:30 p.m. He then abruptly left the Preston Auditorium and his manager informed the staff that he would be back by his set time.

While the wait for Wale continued, Black Cobain came out and kept the crowd energized through his 20 something minute set, which included a tribute to Kurt Cobain, whom his stage name is derived from. Black Cobain was polite to the press and was taken aback when told that the show sold out in less than seven hours. He also had nothing but praise for the headliner, Wale, who has put him in the spotlight—most recently on his latest mixtape “More About Nothing.

In my short time in this industry...I could tell alot of stories about artists like this.
But I keep that !%*$ behind closed doors and offline.

What do you get out of this?

In my short time in this industry...I could tell alot of stories about artists like this.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

For real?  Since when are people censoring themselves on NT in regards to what they want to post?

And not errbody is "in this industry" so why wouldn't he share behind the scene stories?

I'm sensing some sort of DC pride in your post that got you wanting to protect the home front, G.  C'mon fam
30t6p3b.gif

For real?  Since when are people censoring themselves on NT in regards to what they want to post?

And not errbody is "in this industry" so why wouldn't he share behind the scene stories?

I'm sensing some sort of DC pride in your post that got you wanting to protect the home front, G.  C'mon fam
30t6p3b.gif

thats no big deal imo... when u do that %+*! all day everyday u bound to not feel like it sometimes... dont act like u never go to work and half #$* it for 8 hours

thats no big deal imo... when u do that %+*! all day everyday u bound to not feel like it sometimes... dont act like u never go to work and half #$* it for 8 hours

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

touche

touche

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

30t6p3b.gif
No. Sharing behind the scenes stories on NT is a lil different that posting it to your website don't you think? I've seen Tim share some behind the scenes stories on Wale too...I doubt he would have posted that on his website though when he's in the business of working w/ artists.
I ain't say anything about censoring or anything like that. I simply asked what do you get out of exposing @*@+ like this? You can replace Wale with Lady Gaga and I would have said the same thing. I don't understand the rationale behind it. It's a business matter. I can understand if dude was a fan in the crowd at Radford and he vented. But what's the point of writing an article discussing details about contracts and "herbal" scents coming from his dressing room. I just personally find it to be bad business in that field to throw dirt on any artist/entertainers name even if you don't +%%! with them. 

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

30t6p3b.gif
No. Sharing behind the scenes stories on NT is a lil different that posting it to your website don't you think? I've seen Tim share some behind the scenes stories on Wale too...I doubt he would have posted that on his website though when he's in the business of working w/ artists.
I ain't say anything about censoring or anything like that. I simply asked what do you get out of exposing @*@+ like this? You can replace Wale with Lady Gaga and I would have said the same thing. I don't understand the rationale behind it. It's a business matter. I can understand if dude was a fan in the crowd at Radford and he vented. But what's the point of writing an article discussing details about contracts and "herbal" scents coming from his dressing room. I just personally find it to be bad business in that field to throw dirt on any artist/entertainers name even if you don't +%%! with them. 

Seems way overblown because he refused the interview if you ask me. 40 minute set from a guy like Wale is right on par imo. It's not like the dude has a bunch of hits. And sounds like the crowd was satisfied. Dude didn't want to do the interview or take photos with the people who set the event up. So what? And then the dry snitching on the piff...yeah, not cool. I know there was a contract and whatever but you know how many college put on events with hiphop stars who never even bother to show? Dude showed up, performed, and the crowd enjoyed it. Nuff said.

Seems way overblown because he refused the interview if you ask me. 40 minute set from a guy like Wale is right on par imo. It's not like the dude has a bunch of hits. And sounds like the crowd was satisfied. Dude didn't want to do the interview or take photos with the people who set the event up. So what? And then the dry snitching on the piff...yeah, not cool. I know there was a contract and whatever but you know how many college put on events with hiphop stars who never even bother to show? Dude showed up, performed, and the crowd enjoyed it. Nuff said.

It's a big deal when it's a breach of contract. School shelled out an absurd amount of money for this bama to come in and not fulfill his contract on top of only performing for 40 minutes

It's a big deal when it's a breach of contract. School shelled out an absurd amount of money for this bama to come in and not fulfill his contract on top of only performing for 40 minutes

Originally Posted by Biggmyke

how long of a set u want? jayz does 2 hour sets... not wale...

and are u crying over an interview? u sound like the diva... take that _ to court if u mad but u sound like a broad

also what did that marijuana part even have to do with anything? most rappers smoke weed... u think _s just go on stage sober? i dont get it... this just seems like a hate on wale post... the fans are happy but ur not cuz u wanted to take a picture with wale and ask him some questions he's already answered multiple times... maybe u shoulda been in the crowd instead of being on the business end...

Originally Posted by Biggmyke

how long of a set u want? jayz does 2 hour sets... not wale...

and are u crying over an interview? u sound like the diva... take that _ to court if u mad but u sound like a broad

also what did that marijuana part even have to do with anything? most rappers smoke weed... u think _s just go on stage sober? i dont get it... this just seems like a hate on wale post... the fans are happy but ur not cuz u wanted to take a picture with wale and ask him some questions he's already answered multiple times... maybe u shoulda been in the crowd instead of being on the business end...

Back
Top Bottom