Wanna Be Rappers Plaguing My City FML When A Dream Becomes A Dream?

Murda He wrote:
Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

Murda He wrote:
Wrong and wrong....

1. I have nationwide distribution through my INDY label... luck has nothing to do with it.. it's all networking. Had I have been trying to go major, I'd have been major a while ago (like Freddie Gibbs did...) My whole strategy is to take my Indy label as far as possible to keep from having to feed 100 other "overhead" people before I make my own plate. The money goes farther and last longer... I'm almost there..

2. Image sells faster than talent. Talent sells for much longer. I'm a damn good rapper.. I just have to find my lane... It's all coming, just more slowly that BET would have you to believe. I'm well on my way...
laugh.gif

All I'm saying is.. I'm eating.. I ain't rich, but I'm working in the field of my choosing, doing what I love, and making head room. A lot of  ya'll got jobs ya'll hate with no upward mobility. I don't
laugh.gif
at ya'll though.. I pity you. I think it's because of this that ya'll laugh at cats like me that have the fortitude to buck the system and try to be something different than a worker bee drone. 
Like dude said earlier, almost everybody wanted to hoop or be a movie star as a kid. Only some of us still believe in that possibility. The rest of ya'll that forgot how to fly, laugh at us that still try to --  out of some latent insecurity or envy or something. I can't call it..

eyes.gif
 Couple of yal a soundin a lil hurt so let me clear some things up.

I don't wanna knock anyone hustle, you doing yo thing and I respect that and I'm in not in anyway salty or hating. I just think a lot of young black males are wasting a hell of their lives. Just imaging how many people are gonna fall into their 30's failing when they could of went and got a career. This generation is developing a lot of future beer bums. IMO.

At least chasing a sports dream keeps you in school and sooner or later you'll know if you'll make it or not. There's not a scale to measure when your times up as a rapper so people keep goin and goin.

Murda He wrote:

Murda He wrote:
Wrong and wrong....

1. I have nationwide distribution through my INDY label... luck has nothing to do with it.. it's all networking. Had I have been trying to go major, I'd have been major a while ago (like Freddie Gibbs did...) My whole strategy is to take my Indy label as far as possible to keep from having to feed 100 other "overhead" people before I make my own plate. The money goes farther and last longer... I'm almost there..

2. Image sells faster than talent. Talent sells for much longer. I'm a damn good rapper.. I just have to find my lane... It's all coming, just more slowly that BET would have you to believe. I'm well on my way...
laugh.gif

All I'm saying is.. I'm eating.. I ain't rich, but I'm working in the field of my choosing, doing what I love, and making head room. A lot of  ya'll got jobs ya'll hate with no upward mobility. I don't
laugh.gif
at ya'll though.. I pity you. I think it's because of this that ya'll laugh at cats like me that have the fortitude to buck the system and try to be something different than a worker bee drone. 
Like dude said earlier, almost everybody wanted to hoop or be a movie star as a kid. Only some of us still believe in that possibility. The rest of ya'll that forgot how to fly, laugh at us that still try to --  out of some latent insecurity or envy or something. I can't call it..

eyes.gif

I don't wanna knock anyone hustle, you doing yo thing and I respect that and I'm in not in anyway salty or hating. I just think a lot of young black males are wasting a hell of their lives. Just imaging how many people are gonna fall into their 30's failing when they could of went and got a career. This generation is developing a lot of future beer bums. IMO.

At least chasing a sports dream keeps you in school and sooner or later you'll know if you'll make it or not. There's not a scale to measure when your times up as a rapper so people keep goin and goin.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Murda He wrote:

Murda He wrote:
Wrong and wrong....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

This gets old. If public opinion actually hurt, none of us would do what we do...  If I happen to  sound passionate when I discuss music, it's because I care about my craft. There's a huge difference between passion and anger.. But anyway..

For the most part, I agree with you. There's a not a day that goes by that I don't ask myself "Rilla Ryan, what the hell are you doing?". For as smart as I am, I could be a doctor...or lawyer. That kills me, mainly because my two best friends are in med school and law school
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
.. But you know what, that's just not WHO I am, despite WHAT I'm capable of... Music is me. Blame Walt Disney
laugh.gif
. I can't help it, I believe in myself
grin.gif
. And if I fail at making the money, I can still succeed at making someone's day. That's th aspect of it that regular people will just never respect, and you said it without realizing it. MY time will never be up as a rapper. Unlike sports, my mind is my greatest asset. My ability to bend and control diction is my super power. It won't degrade with age if I don't let it. So the music inside of me is eternal, whether  ya boy ever gets a chance to "blow" or not.. And the people that like my music, LIKE my music. I think that's what Floss (B smooth) was talking about. It's different when you're in it for the MUSIC man... it just is. So if I fail...ahh well.. but I wanna strike out swinging. And I'm determined to make a classic album whether I got 12 fans or 12 million.

And another thing, rap is the ONLY genre that puts an age cap on their artists... that's so silly
grin.gif
. Good music is good music
pimp.gif

Murda He wrote:

Murda He wrote:
Wrong and wrong....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

This gets old. If public opinion actually hurt, none of us would do what we do...  If I happen to  sound passionate when I discuss music, it's because I care about my craft. There's a huge difference between passion and anger.. But anyway..

For the most part, I agree with you. There's a not a day that goes by that I don't ask myself "Rilla Ryan, what the hell are you doing?". For as smart as I am, I could be a doctor...or lawyer. That kills me, mainly because my two best friends are in med school and law school
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
.. But you know what, that's just not WHO I am, despite WHAT I'm capable of... Music is me. Blame Walt Disney
laugh.gif
grin.gif
. And if I fail at making the money, I can still succeed at making someone's day. That's th aspect of it that regular people will just never respect, and you said it without realizing it. MY time will never be up as a rapper. Unlike sports, my mind is my greatest asset. My ability to bend and control diction is my super power. It won't degrade with age if I don't let it. So the music inside of me is eternal, whether  ya boy ever gets a chance to "blow" or not.. And the people that like my music, LIKE my music. I think that's what Floss (B smooth) was talking about. It's different when you're in it for the MUSIC man... it just is. So if I fail...ahh well.. but I wanna strike out swinging. And I'm determined to make a classic album whether I got 12 fans or 12 million.

And another thing, rap is the ONLY genre that puts an age cap on their artists... that's so silly
grin.gif
pimp.gif

Rilla, i meant no disrespect. You took it well too, and i appreciate that. I just personally prefer simplicity.

Good luck with your goals my man.

Rilla, i meant no disrespect. You took it well too, and i appreciate that. I just personally prefer simplicity.

whiterapper.jpg
laugh.gif

its cant say anything, i thought being in a band would get me somewhere... look at me now
eyes.gif

whiterapper.jpg
laugh.gif

its cant say anything, i thought being in a band would get me somewhere... look at me now
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by FuzzyRobot

Either way, it's all cool man... just taking the time to explain my vision, that's all.

And thanks man. That was nice of you.

Originally Posted by FuzzyRobot

Either way, it's all cool man... just taking the time to explain my vision, that's all.

And thanks man. That was nice of you.

I feel you on your hustle homie. My brother is trying to become a rapper. The only thing that sucks is that he has a son and another on the way... Working a a grocery store and putting all your eggs in one basket seems pretty far fetched. Never be scared to chase your dreams. But when your dream is affecting people who rely on you that's when reality should set in.

Sad thing about the rap industry is its shady... Some dude he knows from SlipNSlide stole his song and sold it to Plies and Trina for 300 Stacks... SMH... My brother lost big time because he didnt copy right the song ...
tired.gif

I feel you on your hustle homie. My brother is trying to become a rapper. The only thing that sucks is that he has a son and another on the way... Working a a grocery store and putting all your eggs in one basket seems pretty far fetched. Never be scared to chase your dreams. But when your dream is affecting people who rely on you that's when reality should set in.

Sad thing about the rap industry is its shady... Some dude he knows from SlipNSlide stole his song and sold it to Plies and Trina for 300 Stacks... SMH... My brother lost big time because he didnt copy right the song ...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Murda He

Murda He wrote:

Murda He wrote:
Wrong and wrong....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

grin.gif
pimp.gif

If only a lot of young rappers had the same mind set as yours. Everyone thinks they're gonna be the next soulja boy and just throw out some bs trying to get rich and noticed. People really forgot what the love of music is all about.

pimp.gif
off to you sir

Originally Posted by Murda He

Murda He wrote:

Murda He wrote:
Wrong and wrong....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

grin.gif
pimp.gif

If only a lot of young rappers had the same mind set as yours. Everyone thinks they're gonna be the next soulja boy and just throw out some bs trying to get rich and noticed. People really forgot what the love of music is all about.

pimp.gif
off to you sir

Originally Posted by purehoopa1

tired.gif
It's always funny when someone is brutally honest about their own people being trashcan MCs
laugh.gif
...... I guess I'm a special case... not only am I not horrible, but I can afford to chase my dream as long as I have because I have an otherwise stable existence. Life has yet to burst my bubble.. I'm truly blessed..

Originally Posted by purehoopa1

tired.gif
It's always funny when someone is brutally honest about their own people being trashcan MCs
laugh.gif
...... I guess I'm a special case... not only am I not horrible, but I can afford to chase my dream as long as I have because I have an otherwise stable existence. Life has yet to burst my bubble.. I'm truly blessed..

Back
Top Bottom