Want to Change the World? Vol. KONY 2012

where does the money we donate go? serious question? i mean like do they give it to the government in Uganda or what?

I commend dude for attempting to bring awareness to certain issue, which he, finds  relevant.
The great thing about this is to understand the positive forces of globalization. And manipulate it in a way that is beneficial to humanity rather than corporations.

I do agree with the people arguing over those riding the wave and what not. However I much rather see this video on my feed, then the thousand people who wrote RIP Whitney.

Originally Posted by OnTheNephs

I commend dude for attempting to bring awareness to certain issue, which he, finds  relevant.
The great thing about this is to understand the positive forces of globalization. And manipulate it in a way that is beneficial to humanity rather than corporations.

I do agree with the people arguing over those riding the wave and what not. However I much rather see this video on my feed, then the thousand people who wrote RIP Whitney.
amen

Originally Posted by 00david00

where does the money we donate go? serious question? i mean like do they give it to the government in Uganda or what?

I assume it goes to funding military over there somewhat and helping the children who are hiding from Kony. Also probably goes to getting posters made and bracelets / action kits.

This specific movement could be successful due solely to the fact Kony (according to the video) doesn't stand for any cause except to further his own personal power. Would a movement like this affect a warlord with a cause? I don't believe so. There would be too many left to take over the reigns.

Originally Posted by spizike231

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

For me, as a person of action, it doesn't suffice for me. To be quite honest, it doesn't compell me enough for me to take personal action in support of this given the current happenings of the life I'm in right now. I feel like enough people are sharing, but not enough is being done. I'll end on this note, I wish all the best for those in Uganda and every other place where people are suffering, that's all I can afford to do

Edit: I also feel like this issue is some sort of a gimmick. I have a feeling that the gov't of the world powers will simply wait until the fervor dies down, and be totally content with those who feel truly obligated left to protest in small scale on the street.
In before a keyboard humanitarian rips you a new one for not supporting a cause they just found out about and haven't donated to 

If you're referring to me, I've already bought a bracelet and will be buying my action pack once i get the money to do so.. I'll also be taking part in the overnight event that's planned, and I think there's a lot of people who have donated. More than I can think of actually.

laugh.gif
and so what if i just found out about it? So many people have just found out about it and that's the whole point of this. To get it known and out there. I'm doing more than just posting a "In before.." reply in a thread about the issue. You know his name now and the movement that's going on so that just proves that more and more progress is being made.
pimp.gif

All I gotta say is "The hope and willingness of thousands > the disapproval of few"
happy.gif
I never said I was referring to anyone in particular...and who said I didn't support it? 
laugh.gif

I'm sure you know how NT is, if someone doesn't support something that everyone else does, they get ripped a new one.

For the record, I did donate and support the cause, just not a fan of those who criticize others for not supporting something 
wink.gif

There are numerous groups on facebook where you can get connected with other people who are willing to join the cause on April 20th. I just searched my city and and Kony 2012 and there are thousands of people getting together on the night of April 20th to paint their cities with posters. Cant wait, its on 420 too...

Originally Posted by spizike231

In before a keyboard humanitarian rips you a new one for not supporting a cause they just found out about and haven't donated to 

If you're referring to me, I've already bought a bracelet and will be buying my action pack once i get the money to do so.. I'll also be taking part in the overnight event that's planned, and I think there's a lot of people who have donated. More than I can think of actually.

laugh.gif
and so what if i just found out about it? So many people have just found out about it and that's the whole point of this. To get it known and out there. I'm doing more than just posting a "In before.." reply in a thread about the issue. You know his name now and the movement that's going on so that just proves that more and more progress is being made.
pimp.gif

All I gotta say is "The hope and willingness of thousands > the disapproval of few"
happy.gif
I never said I was referring to anyone in particular...and who said I didn't support it? 
laugh.gif

I'm sure you know how NT is, if someone doesn't support something that everyone else does, they get ripped a new one.

For the record, I did donate and support the cause, just not a fan of those who criticize others for not supporting something 
wink.gif
Glad to hear it fam.
pimp.gif
Let's see if the we can help this thing really turn into something colossal. 

Thank you for placing an order with Invisible Children!

We appreciate your purchase. 100% of the money from your purchase goes to the area of greatest need, including our protection and rehabilitation work in Central Africa and spreading awareness about the conflict around the world. Visit http://www.invisiblechildren.com/protectionplan for more details. If you would like to do even more, the TRI program is our recurring donation fund. It allows us to be certain that we will be able to help children recover from their experiences with the LRA long after the LRA has been disarmed.

Due to the astounding response to KONY 2012 all around the world, please allow 2-3 weeks for the processing and shipping of the KONY 2012 Action Kits within the US and Canada. For international orders, expect up to 4 weeks.

We appreciate your patience, but you don't have to wait for the action kit to take action. Visit KONY2012.com to share the film, sign up for events, and download PDF files of KONY 2012 posters.

STOP AT NOTHING.

that's the e-mail i got after ordering a bracelet. that should answer where the money's going.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Thank you for placing an order with Invisible Children!

We appreciate your purchase. 100% of the money from your purchase goes to the area of greatest need, including our protection and rehabilitation work in Central Africa and spreading awareness about the conflict around the world. Visit http://www.invisiblechildren.com/protectionplan for more details. If you would like to do even more, the TRI program is our recurring donation fund. It allows us to be certain that we will be able to help children recover from their experiences with the LRA long after the LRA has been disarmed.

Due to the astounding response to KONY 2012 all around the world, please allow 2-3 weeks for the processing and shipping of the KONY 2012 Action Kits within the US and Canada. For international orders, expect up to 4 weeks.

We appreciate your patience, but you don't have to wait for the action kit to take action. Visit KONY2012.com to share the film, sign up for events, and download PDF files of KONY 2012 posters.

STOP AT NOTHING.

that's the e-mail i got after ordering a bracelet. that should answer where the money's going.
pimp.gif
they updated the response e mail. Mine didn't have that in it but I placed it earlier today.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

For me, as a person of action, it doesn't suffice for me. To be quite honest, it doesn't compell me enough for me to take personal action in support of this given the current happenings of the life I'm in right now. I feel like enough people are sharing, but not enough is being done. I'll end on this note, I wish all the best for those in Uganda and every other place where people are suffering, that's all I can afford to do

Edit: I also feel like this issue is some sort of a gimmick. I have a feeling that the gov't of the world powers will simply wait until the fervor dies down, and be totally content with those who feel truly obligated left to protest in small scale on the street.
Kanye-Shrug2.jpg
if everyone had an attitude like that then how can yo expect a change...it starts with you.

This movement is nice and all but... why are people so concerned over this instead of the problems their own nation (specifically, our own US)  faces? There are issues we should be addressing within our own nation and if creating a movement causes change then why aren't people standing up for our rights being taken away day by day. Everyone says that our nation can care less about us, yet this movement wants me to believe that it'll do something about some dude out in Africa? Hard to believe. Not taking away from the cause but there are far more important things to be concerned with or to stand up for. Soon we might end up in the same position as them, slaves to a system unable to escape if no action is placed.

I spend hundreds of dollars on sneakers and other useless things, buying the action pack and 25 posters was a no brainer for me.

Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter

This movement is nice and all but... why are people so concerned over this instead of the problems their own nation (specifically, our own US)  faces? There are issues we should be addressing within our own nation and if creating a movement causes change then why aren't people standing up for our rights being taken away day by day. Everyone says that our nation can care less about us, yet this movement wants me to believe that it'll do something about some dude out in Africa? Hard to believe. Not taking away from the cause but there are far more important things to be concerned with or to stand up for. Soon we might end up in the same position as them, slaves to a system unable to escape if no action is placed.

Dude already has a set plan and it is in progress homie.

Go ahead and create a movement and devise a plan to stop all of our nations problems and im sure it will attract this much attention if its as good as this is.. but good luck because our Harvard grads in office have been trying to do that for some time now.
eyes.gif

I will donate and support this cause, what do we have to lose?? Nothing...those kids have everything to gain, this shouldn't even be a topic of disagreement.

Son.. You dont know how lucky you are to live in the US rather than Uganda. Kids 7-15 have it way harder than you've ever had 

were still trying to make that better as well, but with all the idiots in politics it will take a while.
also, just something I learned, other hard times in the past in the U.S.A has resulted in losing our rights.

I sent method man a message asking as a community if we can get involved....I think everyone should Send him a message to see if we can support as a whole.

Originally Posted by dimez81

I sent method man a message asking as a community if we can get involved....I think everyone should Send him a message to see if we can support as a whole.

So glad I decided to bring this to NT..
pimp.gif
I know the community will definitely be interested in this as well as our other charities we have going.

seen the video....i'm interested to see if this will work in the end. Usually people get into it in the beginning, but fall off later and forget about it...

while i can agree with you that many in the US have it bad, what "more important things" in this country should we be more concerned about than the abduction, sexual enslavement and militarization of tens of thousands of children?

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

I spend hundreds of dollars on sneakers and other useless things, buying the action pack and 25 posters was a no brainer for me.

Completely agree...kit purchased, video shared...about to even post this on my business blog.

Back
Top Bottom