Want to Change the World? Vol. KONY 2012

laugh.gif
at the Supreme hat

Watched this video today in my accounting class. Amazing that stuff like this is going on and I have never even heard about it.

$$#%% had me hype earlier but after looking into this a bit further, Im not comfortable w/ where my donations would be going. Too large of a percentage goes to other things. Im glad this issue (and the general plight of some of these nations) is getting its 15mins but, it just doesnt feel authentic.

(Im all abt that civil disobedience on April, 20th though)
"4 -20" gets edited when you type it correctly? GTFOHWTBS

Originally Posted by trak1sh

Watched this video today in my accounting class. Amazing that stuff like this is going on and I have never even heard about it.

well you're a decade late...soo....

I feel bad for this Kony guy. Got a bunch of losers breathing down his neck and tarnishing his reputation cause it's the hip thing to do. I'm not refuting the alleged claims against him, but I'm upset that people see a 30 minute video and are led to believe they should donate money, mostly cause everyone else is doing it. This type of ignorance and naivety makes me fear for my safety.

You cornballs are gonna be out rocking your bracelets on some, "Hey, look at mine!" ..."Aww, man, I got one too"

$%!#'s gonna disappear from the media and society, and you guys who care so much will go back to being the selfish bastards you've always been. External growth is impossible without internal growth. Go read a book, ignoramuses. Instead of jumping from cause to cause.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by trak1sh

well you're a decade late...soo....

You watched it in accounting yet didn't look at their financial statements?  The irony
laugh.gif

To back up what I was talking about last night.

http://wilwheaton.tumblr.com/post/18920717928/thedailywhat-on-kony-2012-i-honestly-wanted-to

On Kony 2012: I honestly wanted to stay as far away as possible from KONY 2012, the latest fauxtivist fad sweeping the web (remember “change your Facebook profile pic to stop child abuse

i cant believe how people fall for these scams and propaganda so quickly

there have been africans suffering and being killed for hundreds of years and now people are starting to care????

uganda has oil and people want it so this can be used as a cover to invade uganda and give them "freedom" the same way afghanistan and iraq are receiving "freedom"

what a load of dog crap

its sad and just shows how easy it is to convince the people

Originally Posted by WHPH10

I feel bad for this Kony guy. Got a bunch of losers breathing down his neck and tarnishing his reputation cause it's the hip thing to do. I'm not refuting the alleged claims against him, but I'm upset that people see a 30 minute video and are led to believe they should donate money, mostly cause everyone else is doing it. This type of ignorance and naivety makes me fear for my safety.

You cornballs are gonna be out rocking your bracelets on some, "Hey, look at mine!" ..."Aww, man, I got one too"

$%!#'s gonna disappear from the media and society, and you guys who care so much will go back to being the selfish bastards you've always been. External growth is impossible without internal growth. Go read a book, ignoramuses. Instead of jumping from cause to cause.
How can you use a line like "External growth is impossible without internal growth." and call people who support this cause "ignoramuses?"

Originally Posted by TheGr8BlkHope

How can you use a line like "
External growth is impossible without internal growth." and call people who support this cause "ignoramuses?"

Don't breed, please.

EDIT - Someone remove this man from Team Raw.

can't believe people are willing to "donate" money because a youtube video.
just shows how the younger generation is a bunch of sheeps

Strong post to sig ratio.

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Strong post to sig ratio.

People love my sig. I'm not trolling, #$**+$*. I'm providing some legit information for the sheep. Strong 0 in your username to content of your character ratio.

Originally Posted by TheGr8BlkHope

How can you use a line like "
External growth is impossible without internal growth." and call people who support this cause "ignoramuses?"

Don't breed, please.

EDIT - Someone remove this man from Team Raw.
Ah, the usual "i dont have a legit response so ill retort w/ another insult" routine 
eyes.gif

your attempt to come off as "enlightened" with your response is nullified by you coming in here and insulting those who believe something that you dont support.

im not one for going back and for because i really dont care if my posts are re quoted with 
pimp.gif
 or 
roll.gif
. so you can come back w/ another insult, or just dismiss me in an attempt to not seem so emotionally involved in the convo- i wont respond.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

30t6p3b.gif
@ everyone on my facebook acting like they actually have knowledge of what's going on in Uganda just from watching a video.

This.
Invisible Children has been around for years. I remember they visited my hs years back and none of the kids gave a $$+!. Now after this video, the same kids who  didn't care are blowing up twitter showing their support and claiming they're donating 
eyes.gif

Nonetheless this is a good cause. It's about time the US act on something bc it's right rather than thinking of any selfish benefit.

Never thought I'd see the day someone says, "You know, I feel bad for that African warlord." 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Never thought I'd see the day someone says, "You know, I feel bad for that African warlord." 
laugh.gif

I never thought I'd see the day when someone would not believe they would see the day someone says, "You know, I feel bad for that African warlord."

It's as much a novelty for me as it is for you
smile.gif

the kid was so adorable though 
ohwell.gif

You people are #$%#%%$ idiots. You watch a 30 minute video and suddenly fighting for the cause.

Watching that Kony video is essentially watching old news. They started filming in 2003, and northern Uganda has been free of LRA violence and war for over five years. In fact, the LRA have signed a peace accord! They are rebuilding and are restoring the peace.

Yes the leader is still out there however the recruitment of children has decreased 80%. This isn't due to the Invisible Children organisation, its because Ugandan military and the ICC have intercepted. The Invisible Children group are trying to pass a bill that allows America to militarise the region... They are providing misinformation to woo idealistic followers. The group have combined multiple regional conflicts to make it appear that this is one rapidly increasing issue. When confronted about their dodgy tactics, the head spokesperson stated;
“I agree with you that leading people to believe that the war is still happening in Uganda is not ethically right. It's something we've been addressing internally, focusing on getting all staff and supporters on the same page (of communication)."

If you read the news, or even had an ounce of interest in the on-going unrest in Africa you would already know this and not be fooled. Yes, awful things happen to people in 3rd world countries but this has been occurring for centuries, it isn't a recent occurrence.

SOURCES: Michael Kirkpatrick, a long-time Independent Global Citizen, he has resided in Uganda and other regions of Africa. He has no political, religious or financial agenda. He wrote this article and gave an in-depth insight to whats really going on. He also questioned important members of Invisible Children about their motives. http://www.blackstarnews.com/news/12...010-06-02.html

Charity Navigator is a website that breaks down the proceeds and donations given to Invisible Children and subsequently shows what percentile of that is REALLY going towards these impoverished kids. A measly slither of what is going into the founders pockets.http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...ry&orgid=12429

ADDITIONALLY - There were members of Invisible Children were saying what their "allowance" could purchase them, it was on a forum on the official website, and this has also been REMOVED. http://blog.invisiblechildren.com/?p=5901
Also: http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/1...anization.html
http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/...ponds-to-Invisible-Children-Organization.html

Back
Top Bottom