Want to Change the World? Vol. KONY 2012

Originally Posted by ksteezy

sort of when you hand that bum on the side of the highway a dollar and he uses it to fund his drug habit....I gave him a dollar to help him out, it's out of my control what he does with it, that's something the receiving end should carry on their conscience
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

hate when people do this too.

Originally Posted by dimez81

I pm Method Man and I all I have to say is dude dropped some knowledge. I literally was blown away by his responses and realize there is a lot that we as a community don't know. This video caught or attention but we need to gain self awareness about charities and how they work, the propaganda, their intentions. I'm not saying that this isnt a good cause...because I would def want to be part of it....we just need to do research before we follow the hype. I def want to learn more about this now.
NEWSFLASH: Method Man isn't some all-knowing being. NT needs to stop devouring his gospel of "wisdom" and start thinking for themselves.

Fake liberalism playing on white guilt and the white savior complex. You all have already been conditioned to the white savior complex by movies like Blind Side, The Help, Dangerous Minds and such.

The Ugandan economy can earn up to 2 Billion and ship out 200K barrels of oil a day. The government there already has had allegations of corruption and bribery.

This damn video is propaganda.

I pm Method Man and I all I have to say is dude dropped some knowledge. I literally was blown away by his responses and realize there is a lot that we as a community don't know. This video caught or attention but we need to gain self awareness about charities and how they work, the propaganda, their intentions. I'm not saying that this isnt a good cause...because I would def want to be part of it....we just need to do research before we follow the hype. I def want to learn more about this now.

Oh yes, doubt everything we tell you, but as soon as Method says it then it becomes true
eyes.gif

Today I learned that I shouldn't be skeptical of: an organization with seemingly shady business transactions, the fact that people are asking for US military intervention, removal of a dangerous man only to elevate an equally dangerous man, the consequences of trying to apply band-aid fixes to places rampant with corruption, or a movement brought about by a well-produced video filled with propaganda backed by slews of hipsters-turned-activist. I swear everyone on my facebook thinks I'm the biggest a-hole right now
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Can we read them please
would also like to see his perspective, because he probably did his research unlike the millions of ppl that just clicked donate

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Today I learned that I shouldn't be skeptical of: an organization with seemingly shady business transactions, the fact that people are asking for US military intervention, removal of a dangerous man only to elevate an equally dangerous man, the consequences of trying to apply band-aid fixes to places rampant with corruption, or a movement brought about by a well-produced video filled with propaganda backed by slews of hipsters-turned-activist. I swear everyone on my facebook thinks I'm the biggest a-hole right now
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
There's no point in me even bothering to post on Facebook in regards to how I feel about this. Thought about it, but no good can come from it. Just let it ride out, and people will learn that it's nothing they can do anything about.

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

LOL @ all you sheep thinking youre changing something. I wonder how much of your donations actually go towards that "cause" lol

About 31%

Originally Posted by JordanJayyy7

Thia aint a bandwagon. This shouldn't even be something associated with being "cool" its suppose to be about using our bully nation to help those who are being bullied. It's about helping and changing the world. It's an example of how much power, we the people, really do have. This will show the real power we have. $%%@# dope.
You're reasoning with swiss-cheese-esque logic. The bully...is supposed to help those...? The *$%# they do that at? You got one thing right, we are the bully, and we are doing exactly what bullys do...we're about to help these people the same way we've helped Iraq...and Vietnam...and Afghanistan....

http://tumblr.thedailywh....ly-wanted-to-stay-as-far
I know someone a couple of pages back posted this article entirely, but I wanted to link it again for people to read.

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/
Here is another one with the same idea. Look for the first post and go up from there.
What I like the most about this one though is the point made towards the end.

Military intervention may or may not be the right idea, but people supporting KONY 2012 probably don’t realize they’re supporting the Ugandan military who are themselves raping and looting away. If people know this and still support Invisible Children because they feel it’s the best solution based on their knowledge and research, I have no issue with that. But I don’t think most people are in that position, and that’s a problem.
People should know what they are supporting and not just following along because it's the "right" thing to do.

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

why don't we fix HOME first then worry about a coup to rid Kony from Uganda?

You made the promise, not me.

Dont mean to sound insensitive but this reeks of propaganda.
QFT, but so many problems here
frown.gif

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Can we read them please
would also like to see his perspective, because he probably did his research unlike the millions of ppl that just clicked donate
Thats what I mean,  there was stuff he said that I was unfamiliar with when it comes to donating and charitites.  What he said didn't make me change my mind it made me want to learn more,  Not just to donate and give money.
I heard his views and now it makes me want to do research, not just go in with something with a blind eye.  I am still gonna support kony, but now I want to learn more about them...I want to donate with a meaning....not just cause I saw a 30min video and read articles.....

Before I saw this video...I never gave a dame about donating anything.   The video is doing exactly what it was meant to do....

It got my money and support but what do I really know???

Since earlier today ive been seeing Kony everywhere...  
grin.gif
  ignored it and ignored it till i said ok 
mad.gif
im tired of this who and whats goin on watched the video , red flags , did some research and read what both sides had to say with open mind.

My conclusion is this just proves how much Americans are followers and sheep.

From the looks of it they filmed this years ago Uganda already defeated dude and Invisible Children is cashing in on social media users ignorance.

man i was so moved by this today i started a facebook page just to educate my friends and family..

Watched the video with the notion that there was a problem epidemically in Uganda. I was on and figured the cause was merely for good, to see the emotion and kids instilled in this video captures emotions of people that need help. The technology used was really overdone, with all the people involved just really seemed like a hoax. It seems people don't really know who to follow for their own good, and really choose to be individualistic enough to do their own research about what's really going on in Uganda. It's scary to think that people are this gullible for an advantage which is an interest in oil. "believe half of what you see and what you hear".

I'm all about taking a stance and making a change, but what about our domestic issues? Where is the video highlighting our growing adolescent obesity? or our declining higher education rate?

Before we can attempt to change another country we have to fix home first. Where was all the foreign support when Katrina hit? But when Japan needed relief for the tsunami we were wiring money mid wave.

I understand that we have duties to help other alie countries, but it seems its a give and take relationship. This video reminds me of the eldery man who is fighting the slaughtering of dolphins in Japan. You put so much effort into helping a animal how about your fellow man?

Maybe for 2012 our youth should make you-tube videos about the change needed in our own country...

And lastly the cleaver move to show the "pyramid" upside down as if we are the majority...in a nation where 99% is a minority.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
There's no point in me even bothering to post on Facebook in regards to how I feel about this. Thought about it, but no good can come from it. Just let it ride out, and people will learn that it's nothing they can do anything about.
I went ahead and posted my reaction on FB 
grin.gif

I'm ready to debate my "friends"... either way you slice it, this effort is a VERY slippery slope on how propaganda has evolved 

Originally Posted by kickz4show

I'm all about taking a stance and making a change, but what about our domestic issues? Where is the video highlighting our growing adolescent obesity? or our declining higher education rate?

Before we can attempt to change another country we have to fix home first. Where was all the foreign support when Katrina hit? But when Japan needed relief for the tsunami we were wiring money mid wave.

I understand that we have duties to help other alie countries, but it seems its a give and take relationship. This video reminds me of the eldery man who is fighting the slaughtering of dolphins in Japan. You put so much effort into helping a animal how about your fellow man?

Maybe for 2012 our youth should make you-tube videos about the change needed in our own country...

And lastly the cleaver move to show the "pyramid" upside down as if we are the majority...in a nation where 99% is a minority.
I am an 8th grade History teacher and my team is going to make this our entire 4th quarter project after spring break... wish me luck 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Originally Posted by kickz4show

I am an 8th grade History teacher and my team is going to make this our entire 4th quarter project after spring break... wish me luck 
pimp.gif

PROPS TO YOU SIR

Back
Top Bottom