Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Big Dreams

www.VintageFits.com
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

if you want I can help you put it in your sig, you can be part of the promo team.
I'm just jokin fam
laugh.gif
I even copped from you before
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
next purchase, anthrax on your headband
pimp.gif

I must have come off OD awkward last time because I was in a crazy rush.

those were the days I was working part time and going to the city every morning/afternoon and going to work 2-3 hours late tired and unfed trying to come up with good excuses
laugh.gif

Yea you was tellin me how you ended being late for work that day...

I was there for like an hour or 2 just choppin it up with homeboy that broke his hand... & just clownin

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

but no one was talking about who rapped quicker
ohwell.gif
Well rapping quicker is the only thing that Pun has on Biggie.
no...
yes it is..Biggie bar for bar > Pun bar for bar..u got to be a damn fool to actually disagree with this

But there seem to be several people in here who disagree with that. None of whom I consider a fool.

So what does that make you?

Better then Biggie as a artist? Na. As a lyricist? Hell yeah. Do you dudes remember how dude had the industry buzzing before he dropped capitol punishment?The difference between the two was that making your head spin was Puns focus. Dude pushed it to the limits. His flow was
eek.gif
the stuttered delivery, the emphasis of each word, like everything just fit sowell. Like really dudes lyrics were off the wall, but that style and approach was something that was unheard prior to Pun. He was rappin fast, but it wasnothing like what Bone was doing. Then dude was adding the tongue twisters, and riddle like rhymes on top of that. Like dude was seriously mind blowing immahave to quote Joell on this "he was definition of mastered craft". But I mean Biggie held it down lyrically and music wise was just leaps and boundsahead of Pun. Biggie had a way of capturing you while painting such perfect pictures. Pun was just raw, and maybe with some work he couldve made music to matchbigs caliber, but for the most part dude was just spazzing on tracks. Btw dude with the Juelz avy is a idiot. How you go from saying no one cares about pun tosaying he top 10 ever?

This is the OG question:

What do you guys think; was Pun a better lyricist than Biggie? I'm not talking hit records and radio singles, but actual lyrical ability. Who was nicer with words on the mic? Why do you think people overlook Pun sometimes? Would Pun have been as successful if Biggie didn't pave the way for him? Would you have liked to hear these two on a record together? Is it unfair to even compare these two because Pun didn't have as much material as Big? Do you think Fat Joe and Joell Ortiz are reppin' for the Latino MCs properly?

I don't really think Pun is that much better than Big lyrically but he is slightly.

I think Big was nicer with words on the mic

People overlook Pun because his career was short, he didn't have a huge movement when he was on, he didn't reach that level that Big reached whereit's like I'm the KONY.

If Pun came out before Big or if there was no Big I believe Pun (given the same time Big had) he'd be as successful as Big was when he was doing it. Ialways felt Pun's 3rd album is where he'd come with that balance of raw lyricism and great music. Possibly his own LAD.

I think Phil hit the nail on the head with his first 2 responses.

Biggie made it seem so effortless, and he was/still is the ILLEST at really clever little self-monikers. "The triple-beam lyrical dream", "Theunderboss of this holocaust" etc. He was the epitome of an MC saying a lot with a few words.

!$*@ the state pen, !$*@ $#%# at Penn State

Clever little *%%% like that is what made Biggie so ill to me. Pun was just a straight-up lyrical assassin, and without a doubt, one of the best to ever do it.

It's really a matter of preference...

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Pun never had a "Victory" or a "Who Shot Ya"

"Dream Shatterer" was as close to those as it gets for me.

I would hold songs like "Twinz" and "You Ain't A Killa" in the same regards. That's me though, not sure about the rest of thehip-hop community. For the guy that saying Biggie>Pun bar for bar and that, "anyone who disagrees is a fool" you really are showing your weakmindedness with that one. Take a reasonable and thoughtful approach when making a tatement next time.

Back
Top Bottom