Was this bush-league of Rondo? vol. Van Gundy is mad.

oh....i thought you meant like "lets run this play" or "remember that one thing we practiced that one day?"

but then i remembered every aspect/strategy of the game is exactly the same as it was in 1912...

"catch that ball before it touches the ground...throw out runners from home plate to 1st....."

but you meant like "he hits to the left approx. 14 percent of his at bats, so lets shift two feet to the right"?

i thought hand signals were just so the catcher knows what he's about to try to catch, no?

(i mean, of course it plays into the batter vs. pitcher competition, i.e. the pitcher is switching pitches for that particular batter, but i mean, the reason they use actual HAND SIGNALS isnt strategic at all, right?)

what is a pitch-out? like walking a batter?

lol @ the fact that you can even "skip" a competetor, not allowing him to compete, during a competition in the first place...

kinda like letting some guy bat for the pitcher and not play defense NOR hold his own base....huh?

im sorry, im not about to hijack this post being silly...

continue...

oh....i thought you meant like "lets run this play" or "remember that one thing we practiced that one day?"

but then i remembered every aspect/strategy of the game is exactly the same as it was in 1912...

"catch that ball before it touches the ground...throw out runners from home plate to 1st....."

but you meant like "he hits to the left approx. 14 percent of his at bats, so lets shift two feet to the right"?

i thought hand signals were just so the catcher knows what he's about to try to catch, no?

(i mean, of course it plays into the batter vs. pitcher competition, i.e. the pitcher is switching pitches for that particular batter, but i mean, the reason they use actual HAND SIGNALS isnt strategic at all, right?)

lol @ the fact that you can even "skip" a competetor, not allowing him to compete, during a competition in the first place...

kinda like letting some guy bat for the pitcher and not play defense NOR hold his own base....huh?

continue...

Jesus Christ
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

If anything Spoelstra is the one who was classless and breaking the rules so get off your high horse.

Spoelstra is attempting to help his team strategically, Rondo is attempting to disrupt the Heat...there is a difference.

So it's okay for Spoelstra to break an actual rule, but it's not okay for Rondo to break an unofficial - and very debatable - code of oncourt conduct? A yes or no answer will suffice. 

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

If anything Spoelstra is the one who was classless and breaking the rules so get off your high horse.

Spoelstra is attempting to help his team strategically, Rondo is attempting to disrupt the Heat...there is a difference.

So it's okay for Spoelstra to break an actual rule, but it's not okay for Rondo to break an unofficial - and very debatable - code of oncourt conduct? A yes or no answer will suffice. 

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Timmy with no respect for the Rockets? Was he hearing how HOU was the team to beat in Texas all summer?
indifferent.gif

Also NOBODY on the spurs would do ANYTHING to Rondo had he did that to them.
I think the Greatest power forward of all time gets a pass.
One way to find out is if rondo does this vs the SPURS. We all know that is not going to happen.  
So it's not about respect or class or any of that bs. It's about who gets a pass and who doesn't becasue you got an excuse for them.

You talking about it's not going to happen like the spurs will do anything. Not one spurs player will do a thing to any Celtic if they did it.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Timmy with no respect for the Rockets? Was he hearing how HOU was the team to beat in Texas all summer?
indifferent.gif

Also NOBODY on the spurs would do ANYTHING to Rondo had he did that to them.
I think the Greatest power forward of all time gets a pass.
One way to find out is if rondo does this vs the SPURS. We all know that is not going to happen.  
So it's not about respect or class or any of that bs. It's about who gets a pass and who doesn't becasue you got an excuse for them.

You talking about it's not going to happen like the spurs will do anything. Not one spurs player will do a thing to any Celtic if they did it.

* Rondo stressed again on Tuesday that he was simply trying to take advantage of the fact that no timeout had been called when he moseyed into the Heat huddle during Sunday's win.

“It wasn’t a timeout and they were way out on the court so I just tried to take advantage," said Rondo. "I think [the Heat] were acting like it was a timeout, which coaches do at times if there’s an altercation on the court. They get the guys together in the huddle and try to draw up a play, so I just wanted to see what was going on."
ESPN

* Rondo stressed again on Tuesday that he was simply trying to take advantage of the fact that no timeout had been called when he moseyed into the Heat huddle during Sunday's win.

“It wasn’t a timeout and they were way out on the court so I just tried to take advantage," said Rondo. "I think [the Heat] were acting like it was a timeout, which coaches do at times if there’s an altercation on the court. They get the guys together in the huddle and try to draw up a play, so I just wanted to see what was going on."
ESPN

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Not always, the catcher can signal to the short stop or second baseman that he is going to throw down to 2nd in attempt to get the runner...
The hand signal for the pitcher is all strategy, they're working together to pick the perfect pitch to get the batter out, this why you'll see a pitcher shake off a catcher...
A pitch out is when a pitcher deliberitely throws the ball out of the zone in attempt to get the ball to the catcher so he can then throw the ball down to 1st or 2nd if a runner is getting too big of a lead.
Strategy.
AL

continue...

My response is within the quote

koolbarbone- what rule did spoelstra break? there looks to be a stoppage in play, players didnt sit.  He took advantage of the stoppage.  I don't see an official breaking them up...

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Not always, the catcher can signal to the short stop or second baseman that he is going to throw down to 2nd in attempt to get the runner...
The hand signal for the pitcher is all strategy, they're working together to pick the perfect pitch to get the batter out, this why you'll see a pitcher shake off a catcher...
A pitch out is when a pitcher deliberitely throws the ball out of the zone in attempt to get the ball to the catcher so he can then throw the ball down to 1st or 2nd if a runner is getting too big of a lead.
Strategy.
AL

continue...

My response is within the quote

koolbarbone- what rule did spoelstra break? there looks to be a stoppage in play, players didnt sit.  He took advantage of the stoppage.  I don't see an official breaking them up...

Coaches aren't allowed on the court during breaks in the action, only during altercations as peacemakers or timeouts.

Coaches aren't allowed on the court during breaks in the action, only during altercations as peacemakers or timeouts.

Goldmember wrote:
The fact that he tried to make it sound like the SPURS are tough was hilarious.. you have Richard Jefferson on your team, c'mon! 
laugh.gif

You have his bottom "friend" Walton on your team so yeah stop it.
30t6p3b.gif

I just remember Timmy did the same thing.
roll.gif
roll.gif

f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif

For the record, when it happened, I thought it was a smart move and totally legal.

Goldmember wrote:
The fact that he tried to make it sound like the SPURS are tough was hilarious.. you have Richard Jefferson on your team, c'mon! 
laugh.gif

You have his bottom "friend" Walton on your team so yeah stop it.
30t6p3b.gif

I just remember Timmy did the same thing.
roll.gif
roll.gif

f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif

For the record, when it happened, I thought it was a smart move and totally legal.

Back
Top Bottom