Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ariza is awesome.. it's gonna be sad when we have to let him go, I don't think we can find another player out there to replace what he does.

Last edited:
Trevor Ariza is the ultimate role player.  In regards to the second half, if Ariza keeps up his red-hot shooting and John Wall finds his touch, we should coast to an easy victory over Orlando.

Great W.. this is how we're supposed to be handling these weaker teams.

It's so great to have either Webster or Ariza step up on any given night.

Wall with a smooth 16 points, 13 assists in just 29min, then rested for the entire 4th quarter :pimp:

Last edited:
First time the Wizards have been :500 with Wall :x

And Washington is currently the third seed in the East :rofl:

.500 for the first time in 4 years. This is cause for a mini celebration. Enjoy a beverage tonight.

Look forward to this team gelling and getting healthy.

Wall is a lock for an Allstar spot if he and the team keep it up.

I wonder if there are advanced stats on Maynor, he is historically bad

He was -12 in FIVE minutes of play before Wittman benched him and brought Wall back early.

By contrast Wall is a +17. As soon as he comes in for Maynor (with the rest of the second unit still in) he starts getting bums like Singleton easy buckets.. night and day between him and Manor

Wall has to play close to 40min for the Wizards to beat even the crappy teams.

This is a major problem. What sucks is Shelvin Mack is playing decent b-ball, and we could have had better production from the bench had we held on to AJ Price. Maynor is in the NBA for a reason, but he looks no better than a star rec player out there. I don't know how much roster flexibility there is, but I'd be searching the NBDL for another PG.

What can you say about Ariza? Dude is going to get PAID this offseason. He's ballin' out of his mind. I like having him in the starting lineup w/ Martell. So much size, athleticism, and shooting ability. Beal can't get back soon enough, but having to figure out who starts between those 3 is a great problem to have. Obviously, Beal gets his SG spot back, but you can't go wrong with either Martell or Ariza as the starting SF.

Otto Porter and Garrett Temple look like the same person :lol:

.500 for the first time in the Wall era... :pimp:

MAAAAAN, it's been a LONG time coming. Feels great, but there is a long way to go.

3rd in the East, too?

Optimism....LEGIT optimism as a Wizards fan? What? What bizarro world am I living in?

*edit*

11 games total in December. If I were Wittman, I would hold Nene out of ALL practices (just have him on the bike) and rest him up for games. For the rest of the starters, he needs to go real easy on them this month in practice. Get that 2nd unit as much practice time as they can get. This is a prime opportunity to rest everyone up who is logging heavy minutes in the rotation.

Last edited:
Why did we even sign Maynor? I know he went to vcu, but dude is absolutely useless. We had a chance to sign nate off season. If wall gets injured for a stretch we are doomed. I'll enjoy this 3rd now though, sorry for my negativity.

There has to be somebody in the D league better than Maynor...all the team need is somebody that does more than bring it up court and stand around..n wont airball jumpers :lol:

what happened to Glen rice JR.... I know it was said that he had a seemingly polished offensive game but i haven't heard anything about him.

Otto might be back on Friday... :pimp:

Link

Over the final 50 games of the 2012-13 season, the Wizards were .500. So, for the last 68 games, they are a .500 team. Many of those games were without Nene and Bradley Beal. Only one of those games, the first one, was without Wall. Every single one of those games had Wittman at the helm. The coach, not one to rain praise on himself, acknowledged after the game that the mental toughness of this team has "come a long way."

Link

Last edited:
And Washington is currently the third seed in the East
roll.gif
I don't know whether to be happy or to SMH about this 

Also...Wall is right on the cusp of 20, 10, 5 a game.

He is EXACTLY what we thought he would be.

Last edited:
I don't know whether to be happy or to SMH about this 

Also...Wall is right on the cusp of 20, 10, 5 a game.

He is EXACTLY what we thought he would be.

Someone on BF pointed something interesting out...Our starting lineup is good enough that they don't need Wall to shoot well to win games. Wall was something like 4-15 last night...however, he played the point about as well as you could imagine. Dude was so smooth out there.

Someone on BF pointed something interesting out...Our starting lineup is good enough that they don't need Wall to shoot well to win games. Wall was something like 4-15 last night...however, he played the point about as well as you could imagine. Dude was so smooth out there.

Yeah Wall's floor game was perfect last night. Even though his shot was clanking, he set up his guys. Once Porter, Al, and Beal return we can go from the worst bench in the NBA to hopefully an above average bench. We really need Maynor to develop chemistry with the bench unit.

John Wall is one of only five players in NBA history to average at least 16 points, eight assists and four rebounds through the first 200 games of his pro career ... joining The Big O, Magic, Damon Stoudamire and CP3. -From Marc Stein's power rankings

Waiving Kendall Marshall and Shannon Brown is certainly coming back to haunt us, considering our two biggest depth issues are: 1) backup point guard and 2) bench scoring. 
Looks better than Anthony Bennett, that's for sure
laugh.gif
Edited footage of an unguarded player isn't very impressive.  You could probably put together a 30 second sizzle reel of Bennett in his driveway that would rival this.  

The only thing this video actually established is that Porter has a better handle than Ariza, since he doesn't dribble with his wrists and knuckles. 

Waiving Kendall Marshall and Shannon Brown is certainly coming back to haunt us, considering our two biggest depth issues are: 1) backup point guard and 2) bench scoring. 

Looks better than Anthony Bennett, that's for sure :lol:
Edited footage of an unguarded player isn't very impressive.  You could probably put together a 30 second sizzle reel of Bennett in his driveway that would rival this.  

The only thing this video actually established is that Porter has a better handle than Ariza, since he doesn't dribble with his wrists and knuckles. 
:wow: :rofl: :rofl:

I wonder if there are advanced stats on Maynor, he is historically bad

He was -12 in FIVE minutes of play before Wittman benched him and brought Wall back early.

By contrast Wall is a +17. As soon as he comes in for Maynor (with the rest of the second unit still in) he starts getting bums like Singleton easy buckets.. night and day between him and Manor

Wall has to play close to 40min for the Wizards to beat even the crappy teams.

This is a major problem. What sucks is Shelvin Mack is playing decent b-ball, and we could have had better production from the bench had we held on to AJ Price. Maynor is in the NBA for a reason, but he looks no better than a star rec player out there. I don't know how much roster flexibility there is, but I'd be searching the NBDL for another PG.

What can you say about Ariza? Dude is going to get PAID this offseason. He's ballin' out of his mind. I like having him in the starting lineup w/ Martell. So much size, athleticism, and shooting ability. Beal can't get back soon enough, but having to figure out who starts between those 3 is a great problem to have. Obviously, Beal gets his SG spot back, but you can't go wrong with either Martell or Ariza as the starting SF.

Otto Porter and Garrett Temple look like the same person :lol:

.500 for the first time in the Wall era... :pimp:

MAAAAAN, it's been a LONG time coming. Feels great, but there is a long way to go.

3rd in the East, too?

Optimism....LEGIT optimism as a Wizards fan? What? What bizarro world am I living in?

*edit*

11 games total in December. If I were Wittman, I would hold Nene out of ALL practices (just have him on the bike) and rest him up for games. For the rest of the starters, he needs to go real easy on them this month in practice. Get that 2nd unit as much practice time as they can get. This is a prime opportunity to rest everyone up who is logging heavy minutes in the rotation.
Shelvin Mack or AJ Price would be significantly better options. Heck even Nate Wolters (who we traded for GR Jr) is playing really well right now for the Bucks as a 2nd round pick. The worst thing about this is that Maynor has a PLAYER option for next season. We have to deal with this garbage for another year unless someone else is brought in.

And speaking of Ariza.. with how well him and Webster (who we just signed to a long contract) are playing, is anyone else kinda wondering why we drafted Porter? No hate on Otto, but the chances of him being a better 3&D SF than Ariza within the next few years are probably slim. Going from Ariza to Otto next year will likely be a downgrade for this team. The smart move would have been to draft Noel, no?

Anyways.. the league is rewarding our rough start on the road with a very sparse schedule this month. I agree that we need to be resting Nene and the guys as much as possible. I would even hold Nene out of the Bucks game so he can have a full 8 days of rest before DEN, maybe that would stop his whining :rolleyes

Last edited:
Ariza is overachieving like hell right now.

Anybody questioning WHY we drafted Otto is lying to themselves. Going into the draft...the small forward position was EASILY our weakest position.

NOBODY would have figured Ariza to have the type of season he's having.

Even still...a top 5 pick isn't made to be justified right away. Ask that question 3 years from now.

In any event....drafting Noel would be a risk anyway. 

Just as easy as it is to question drafting Otto over him...we could have very well drafted him...then asked ourselves why...when he goes down with another knee injury.

Alot of people down on Otto right now and I don't understand why.

Him and Noel are one in the same right now. We don't know what's going to happen to either. In any event...if the draft was done over TODAY knowing what we know now....I don't know how anyone can say Otto wasn't the safest pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom